Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

91%
Color: White|Size: Large|Change
Price:$539.95+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on April 26, 2013
This is my second Arai helmet and first of the XD series. Before this, I owned a Quantum 2 which served me faithfully for 6 trouble free years. After checking up on the lifespan of helmets I decided it was time for a replacement and cashed in my credit card points.

There is no doubt that this is an expensive helmet. It costs twice that of most of its competition. In my humble opinion (developed over about 7 years and 40k miles of mixed surface riding) it is worth every penny. Read below if you need the specifics. Or just buy one and see for yourself.

The pluses -

* Looks - just look at that bad boy. Its like I stole it from Master Chief when he wasn't looking.
* Ventilation - the race/street helmet features have made their way into the dual sport arena. Toggles and switches are easy to find and operate. Their direction is intuitive. When you open them you feel a solid stream of cool air. There is no doubt that they do the job and do it well.
* Protection - its an Arai, snell 2010 and ECE - what more could you ask for
* Versatility of shield, peak, goggles combination.
* build quality - the shield snaps shut with a solid thunk, the peak is well affixed. The padding on the inside is better than my Quantum 2 - its clear to me that they've upgraded the touchy-feeley surfaces and the padding underneath. Bravo.

The minuses -

* weight - its on the heavy side
* cost - its ~$600, but cmon - you spend a bundle on your bike, keeping your head in one piece to enjoy it should not be an afterthought
* no pinlock on the stock shield.
* shield changes require tools ie you can forget about morning or mid ride shield swaps if the conditions change.

All in all - I am extremely satisfied with it. I've ridden in cold weather with it, I've ridden in 30+ mph crosswinds, and I've ridden on a few warm days. I felt the pull in the crosswinds, but it was not unbearable.
on February 22, 2012
first of all i have a thing for hi viz helmets and this is very hi viz, almost glows compared to my nolan, the finish and detail is great and i can tell a difference from all other helmets i have owned, this is my 1st Arai, but not my last...i havn't been out for a ride yet but have worn the lid around the house for 30 min, and it fit's me very well, this is the key to helmet happiness...FIT..and the best way to get it right is to go to a bike store and try them on, i know a lot of peeps think this is kinda taking advantage of the bike shop but hey...i hate sending things back and would prefer to get it right the first time. like a good pair of shoes you can tell right away if it's yah or nah, so i already knew it was the right size, especially with a manufacture who has so many head shapes covered, round oval, long oval, whatever just try one on before buying online.
on July 7, 2013
I like this design because of the versatility... Dual Sport and by removing the visor it becomes a "street" helmet.

The cheap helmets I've tried over the years just don't fit that well... especially the full face models. Most give me headaches unless I buy a size too big. This helmet fit the top of my head perfectly (the most important fit). But it was too tight on my face. I purchased a set of optional cheek pads and Viola!, I now have the best fitting full face helmet I've ever owned. A little pricey, but worth every penny.
on November 9, 2016
I take back all of my previous positive reviews on the dozen other helmets I've had in my life. This helmet raises the bar. I wish I would've stopped buying the cheap ones 20 years ago after using this one.
on November 9, 2015
I sent a few weeks in Ireland this past summer and returned with a new appreciation for my Irish heritage. I really like this graphic and I've always enjoyed Arai helmets. If there's a niggle it's that Vector 2 occupies Arai's lower rung, I would have preferred this graffic on the RX-Q, my favorite Arai model.
on November 15, 2015
Great helmet!! Very comfy and aerodynamic, thought it makes a beep noise at certain angle at 60+mph. First I thought it was my bike horn acting weird. Would still give 5/5. This helmet is comfy as fudge. It is quite but would still need ear plugs.
on June 12, 2015
Never had one before, and my problem is why i dint bought it before, best Helmet ever own, very comfortable, a lot of key ventilation points and feels like you are protected, do not go cheap on helmets you life depends on it
on February 12, 2015
Fits great, excellent ventilation, and very protective (Thanks Arai, it was minor but would have been worse without your helmet).. Plus I kinda like rolling down the highway with Irish symbolism blatantly displayed for everyone to see.. That's just me.
on March 4, 2013
I spent about a year reviewing helmets and I finally decided on the Arai XD-4 in Hi Vis. The 2Xl fits my head snug so I might have to take advantage of the adjustable foam inserts to make it a more comfortable fit. I love all the vents and various ways ways to wear the helmet. The price was excellent! I had seen this same helmet in a motorcycle shop for $600. The HI Vis color really sticks out in a crowd.
on March 10, 2015
The fit, finish and function is INCREDIBLE. THE Best helmet I have bought. I love Arai quality.
Like any off road style helmet you still have wind noise, but it is much less than running fully open and goggles.