Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 709 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,906 reviews
on March 22, 2017
Trading on themes expressed in Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities, Arbitrage is a morality play targeting elites for a proper comeuppance. Gere plays Roger Miller, a hedge fund manager, whose illicit conduct places him under suspicion for both manslaughter and financial crimes. To say anything more would spoil the pleasures in the narrative. Taut, intelligent and suspenseful, the film suffers occasionally from writer/director Nicholas Jarecki's fawning over his power player protagonist and his unwillingness to stay true to the character's ugliness. Miller is, and should be, depicted as an unrelenting bastard trading people like commodities but a bit of softness creeps into the characterization unconvincingly. Nevertheless, the script is smart, cast exceptional (save for Tim Roth, whose NY accent is overcooked) and the film works in some sly ambiguities. Despite the aforementioned compromises, this type of sophisticated adult entertainment is rarified air and worth seeking out.
on January 17, 2015
Classic case of extreme wealth, greed, infidelity, fiduciary irresponsibility; combined with love, sex and death. Although this has been a common theme in a variety of movies, the talented acting and suspenseful story line created during our present decade of real life financial/economic scandal makes this movie incredibly realistic and intriguing. A very well written plot that combines real life plausibility wrapped up in the types of scandals and drama that we all like to read or hear about on the news (although we may not admit it). In this movie we get to see the inner workings of the ultra wealthy and how almost anything is possible for the right price; except your soul. I loved it its a great movie.
on March 2, 2017
I like Richard Gere as an actor. This movie was very interesting and kept me interested the whole time.
on August 4, 2016
There's a couple hours I'll never get back not to mention our money.
on April 13, 2017
Great product!
on December 27, 2012
I like Richard Gere this was a good movie not his greatest. It was a bit slow for me and I saw it twice, maybe I was distracted it just didn't stick with me.
on July 21, 2015
admit your sins quickly.
on October 7, 2012
This was a great movie. Richard Gere never loses his mojo! If you like Gere, you should definitely watch this movie!
on December 27, 2012
I saw the first 20 minutes and fell asleep during the show. So therefore, feel unqualified to review the entire show. First 20 minutes were OK
on May 30, 2016
Great movie! Kept my attention!