Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on July 28, 2016
I remember listening to tracks from this album when originally released around 1980 and wondering who this "new" artist was. Steve Winwood sounded so familiar to my ears. Then it hit me, this is the guy from The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith and has finally released a solo effort. And what an effort! He enlisted some exceptional lyricists, wrote all of the music himself and took on the playing of all instruments...recording in his own home studio built on his farm property. This is a masterful effort that stands the test of time. Each track is a joy to listen to now as they were when originally released.
on May 13, 2017
Great record that brings me back. A Winwood classic. One thing I found odd though was the seller stated that the CD was NEW, however when I received it there was no shrink wrap on it. Only two small pieces of red tape holding it closed. Not sure what happened there. The disc plays fine though.
on January 8, 2012
I had not listened to this album in quite some time. Today I thought I would revisit it, I'm so glad that I did. Much like a long lost friend... the songs come back to me. I just like Steve Winwood's work. His early work, sure who does not? But here I'm referring to his solo output. It has a different yet very distinct sound. The tracks here and on some other solo output, have a tinge of Jazz to them. I'm not one much for Jazz in general, but very much like, or perhaps have learned to like his sound here on 'Arc Of A Diver.' I suppose I could or should refer to this as material that is for Adults, not for Children. I just don't think kids would or could 'get this.' It is sonically for mature listeners of all ages. This disc sounds quite nice for as old as it has become. Steve Winwood seems to have put much care into his recordings, and as such, they have weathered well. I've to get out the other disc's in my collection and give them a spin... I have no idea why they came out of rotation, must have been an oversight on my part.

Truly an enjoyable listen, recommended for those new and like I, that have let Steve slip from their playlists. Smooth, mellow and enchanting, Steve's voice is bright and clear. The production is just top notch, the instruments... well they sound like they are in the room to me. All in all a wonderful recording form one of Rocks legends. If you like this one,'Talking Back to the Night' would be in order next. I see the track listing has disappeared from the Amazon page here, so I've included one for those of you who enjoy such. Enjoy!

01. While You See a Chance
06. Night Train
07. Dust
review image
on April 22, 2017
Mofi 24k gold disc of Arc Of A Diver is probably the best version of the album!
on May 10, 2015
Fantastic. Steve Winwoods finest album. This was a good find. Thanks
on March 21, 2017
very good
on October 31, 2016
Very pleased with this CD; great quality, very fast shipping. Thanks.
on October 23, 2016
Great CD from one of the all time great musician, singer, songwriters.
on January 4, 2016
Steve Winwood, what more is there to say.
on May 17, 2014
Loved the album when it was released. Still do! Saw Winwood last year and he's only gotten better. Filling in my digital collection