ArcBotics Sparki Robot - Programmable Arduino STEM Robot Kit for Kids - Complete Platform to Learn Robotics, Coding and Electronics
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Complete Educational Platform: Sparki is used by 2000+ top middle schools, high schools, universities, and STEM programs like Stanford, MIT, Purdue and FIRST Robotics for being an all-in-one solution to teach students 9+ robotics, coding and electronics.
- Infinite Possibilities: Learn to program over 40 parts including an LCD display, grippers for grabbing objects, line following sensors for mazes, remote control, speakers for music, light sensors, distance sensor, edge detection sensors, motor wheels, and more! All open source hardware and software. Board is based on Arduino so you can expand on Sparki and make it your dream robot.
- Over 100 Lessons: Open source lessons written by professional educators. Lessons designed for complete beginners to advanced students of robotics, coding, and electronics. View our lessons now on our website to see the activities you will learn. We constantly expand lessons based on community feedback. We offer excellent support from our Cali-based team, and have active global forums.
- No Complicated Assembly: Sparki comes preassembled, ready to go out-of-the-box with all its accessories like remote control, a maze following poster, line following poster, Sparki-fitted pen/pencil, USB cable, Bluetooth module. No costly expansion packs. We're here for you if you ever need replacement parts.
- Many Programming Options: Programming environments include drag-and-drop blocks similar to Scratch, Arduino code (C/C++), and Chromebooks. Beginners start learning with colorful blocks to create simple programs, then transition easily to Arduino code.
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Sparki is an affordable, easy to use, and fun intro to programming, electronics, and robotics. It is geared towards kids elementary-age and above, educators looking for an easy intro to robotics, parents eager to find something affordable but educational and fun, DIY enthusiasts, and more. It is simple enough for beginners, while being feature-packed enough to be a must-have for pro-users. Sparki is your chance to have your very own robot, completely open source and available to do your bidding. Sparki has already been sold in 51 countries. It has been featured on Fast Company, Boston Globe, MAKE, Kickstarter Staff Pick, Ars Technica and more. Sparki is ArcBotics’ answer to robotics in STEM education, and is being used in classrooms around the world. Here are some of the things you’ll learn how to do: Edge avoidance, Line following, Maze solving, Wall avoidance, Room navigation, Object retrieval, Follow/hide from light sources and Shape drawing. Spark’s programming comes available in both Arduino code (C/C++) and drag-and-drop programming, all open-source. Sparki components: 1x Ultrasonic distance sensor (get distance from Sparki to walls/objects), 1x 3-Axis Accelerometer (pick-up detection, fall detection, hill climbing), 1x 3-Axis Magnetometer (sense the magnetic field around Sparki, coordinate with accelerometer to detect compass heading), 3x Light-sensing phototransistors (light following, darkness seeking), 5x Line-following and edge detection sensors (mazes, line follow, sumo), 1x 128x64 Graphic LCD, 1x RGB LED (RGB = generate any color!), 1x Buzzer (beeping, booping, and musical tones!), 1x IR Transmitter (like your TV remote control), 1x IR Receiver (like your TV), 1x IR Remote control (lots of buttons to control Sparki with), 1x TTL Serial port for expansion (talk to an Arduino/Raspberry Pi), 1x Port for Bluetooth Serial Module (not in all rewards), Powered by 4xAA batteries (rechargeable or alkaline), 2x Geared stepper motors (precise, measured movement down to millimeters/ sub-degrees), Marker holder for drawing, USB cable and ABS plastic construction, durable and suitable for drawing.
From the Manufacturer
Sparki works out of the box with its remote control. To write your own programs, just plug it in via USB, install the custom-enhanced Arduino software and try any of the dozens of example programs.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a real bargain considering the various types of sensor, the 3 servo motors, the included blue-tooth module and the web based lessons, examples, and iconbased miniBlok and Sparkiduino (C++) programming IDEs.
I really think this is going to both give her confidence that she can learn and build anything and it will set her up very well if she wants to pursue anything related to programming and computers. Our children are users of technology but being a user is not in any way like being a programmer where you actually have to think about a design and then build it.
As far as the product I love it. On the one hand it comes all ready to go out of the box. Absolutely no assembling of computer boards, etc. On the other hand it doesn't hide the components and allows you to literally visually explore all of it's exposed capabilities. It can look a little daunting at first if you are a newbie to electronics but it is very easy to use. It seems very solidly built given all of the delicate electronics.
Finally, the web site is very helpful. ArcBotics has clearly invested a lot of time providing lot's of lessons and information. There is ample information about Sparki himself (about the use of Stepper motors for the wheels which are different than the electric motors in most toys I learned, about rack and pinion drive for the grippers, etc.) and lots of programming lessons that make it very understandable. And their customer service is great and responsive to emails and ready to support.
I am glad they made this product and wish them well.
Lots of fun for "kids" interested in robotics.