Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Archer: Season 1
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on July 31, 2015
Either you like it or you don't, there's really no point in giving away plot-points of any one particular season. If you have been watching since day one like I have, you strap yourself in and go where they go.

Archer is a highly intelligent new series from the last decade that has filled my life with laughter, knowledge, catch-phrases, and memes that permeate through the privy circles of my family and friends to be fully released at both inappropriate and opportune times (phrasing). The first couple of episodes in the first season don't exactly hit the ground running, but it ramps up almost instantly (in particular the character development of both Cheryl and Pam, who by far made the most significant journeys). Every year it continues to impress me with the unique situations and story lines, the insane, brilliant, and often purposefully obscure references to anything from food, to shoes, to glassware, and of course the witty, snarky, and ribald dialogue - I adore this series.
on July 19, 2015
This is the type of satire made for cable TV.
Good characters, fast wit, and a nice spin of "Spy" stereotypes.
The voice actors seem to be having fun with their characters which makes for constant laughs.

The only problem is that today's writers and producers equate "edgy" with profanity.
Most of us moved on after middle school where we thought saying "dirty words" meant we "grown up."
On cable TV, they seem stuck in 8th grade when it comes to writing.
This is a shame becasue it becomes distracting in the stories. The words are thrown in like we did when we were boys trying to pretend to be men.
They are allowed to swear because this is Cable.
But like most cases, the writers are more interested in demanding their rights then living up to their responsibility.

I just find it funny that THIS is why the show has an MA rating.
on April 12, 2015
Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle, probably not. But Rocky and Bullwinkle was an adult cartoon masquerading as entertainment for kids. I was 9 years old when I started watching Rocky and Bullwinkle, but I could not get any of 10 year old classmates to do the same, because they did not understand Rocky and Bullwinkle. However, some of my actual friends 16 to 21 did watch Rocky and Bullwinkle and loved it. See the problem here. Now Rocky and Bullwinkle is considered a classic, and everyone I now who was my age 9 or 10 years old in 1959 claim that they loved Rocky and Bullwinkle, even though I know that is nothing but bulls***. Anyway, what I'm saying is Archer is a classic too, but it is not 50 years ago it is now, and right now everyone has the opportunity to watch a classic before it becomes one. So, watch the damn thing, because it is the best of its genre right now, just like Rocky and Bullwinkle in the past. And just like Rocky and Bullwinkle it has invented its own genre.
on November 16, 2015
At the risk of sounding like "that guy", I don't own a TV. I'm just not interested in most of the programs on today, and any sporting events I want to watch can be seen in bars or in the homes of friends.

I mention this to provide context as someone who rarely finds TV shows entertaining. That said, I think "Archer" is the funniest thing I've seen in years, movies included. It's definitely not for the prudish, but that's partly what I love about it. I'm not at all qualified to judge an animated TV comedy on its artistic merits--I just know that I laughed harder and more often at "Archer" than just about anything I've ever seen. It's comedy genius.
on April 15, 2016
Seller: Great. Condition: Excellent.

It's Archer. If you like inappropriate, sexy, raunchy and hysterical animated tv, you have found the best! I use phrases from this show every day, and while mostly I get looked at very strange, occasionally I get a fellow Archer fan scream "Boom phrasing" back at me! "YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!!!" Basically, if you love being in the danger zone, you need Archer in your life.
on June 5, 2015
Actually very funny. This show runs like a sitcom but as the plots continue the jokes and situations that become both familiar and relatable to the audience are happening in spectacularly over-the-top-action-movie fashion as could never be done without animation. Archer is a chiseled, narcissistic, verbally abusive momma's boy who somehow becomes top agent at New Yory City freelance counter intelligence agency, ISIS. As the ensuing adventures are the results of both his failings and his suprising moments of skill and brilliance ("Wow maybe I AM autistic...") the best moments are when Archer is shown to be both a burden, and then the salvation of the many other dysfunctional members of ISIS, making for a James Bondish/80's action movie/pop culture referencing animated version of "The Office".

If Family Guy, South Park or Robot Chicken have EVER been worth your consideration, watch some Archer, you will not be disapointed.
on February 1, 2016
I literally watch one episode every day at lunch. This series never gets old. Great grown-up humor that sneaks in educational snippets right along with the raunchy comedy. If you've never seen it, watch 5 minutes of the first episode and you'll know if it is for you. Superior voice acting, great stories and lots of fun. If these were real people, you would want them as friends.
on September 30, 2015
What a fun series! The quips, the barbs, the banter......it's all fantastic. There are tons of pop culture references; I didn't understand half of them, so I'll need to re-watch just to try to figure those out. The humor and language is definitely on the adult side, so don't take this as a cartoon for kids. Great fun for adults, though. Try to keep track of the recurring themes as you go through the episodes. There is a lot of clever writing associated with this series.
on December 3, 2015
Yes, it's a cartoon. No laugh track (thankfully!). Always funny while pushing the envelope of adult subjects within a family-run global spy agency. Plenty of nasty stuff, but nothing too graphic…just tongue-in-cheek comedy, at times painfully funny with surprisingly well-developed and mostly likable characters throughout. Our entire family watched each 22-minute episode in good spirits, and nobody lost an eye.
on July 4, 2015
All of your conceptions about James Bond are shattered by Archer and his clueless companions. The stories are politically incorrect, and this is definitely an adult series. For example, they got a twofer when they hired Conway Stern …you will understand when you watch the episode "Diversity Hire." It is not the Saturday morning cartoon that you remember. The voice acting is superb, from H John Benjamin to Aisha Taylor and everyone in between. Sit back, and prepare to be made to feel amused and uncomfortable at the same time.