Other Sellers on Amazon
Arches Watercolor Paper Block, Cold Press, 12" x 16", 140 pound
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The cold press finish has a light texture and is the most common. It reflects light well, retaining the transparent quality of watercolours. A light grain makes it easier to achieve certain details
- All Arches papers are cylinder mould made as they have been for over a century. With long fibers, this thick, stable sheet is beautiful, durable, and resillient.
- Each sheet of Arches Watercolour paper is tub-sized in a bath of pure natural gelatin and then air dried to add additional strength and durability
- The best quality control. Ourt paper undergoes sophisticated testing and monitoring, with every sheet individually inspected to assure the finest quality
- Contains one block with 20 sheets, 300 GSM
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
ARCHES Watercolour paper is made the traditional way, using a cylinder mould. This method ensures that the fibres are evenly distributed which makes the paper extremely stable, so it will not warp or stretch when water is applied to it. ARCHES Watercolour paper is made from long, 100% cotton fibres, allowing it to absorb a lot of water without warping or causing the colours to bleed. It is sized to the core with natural gelatin, so it can be scratched without tearing or linting. This internal sizing also prevents paint penetrating into the paper, allowing light to shine through the pigment and reflect off the paper while ensuring durability of the colours.
Compare with similar items
Canson 100510941 XL Series Watercolor Pad, 1 Pack, Multicolor
Legion Stonehenge Aqua Watercolor Block , 140 Cold Press, 9 X 12 inches, 15 Sheets, White
Arches Water Colour Block, 300 lb / 640GSM, Cold Pressed, 9" x 12"
Arches Cold Press Watercolor Pad, 9"X12" 2-Pack
Arches Watercolor Pad, Hot Press 9"X12"
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sold By||BuyBoxer||Amazon.com||Tori’s General Store||National Art Supply||BestSource OfficeSupplies||BestSource OfficeSupplies|
|Item Dimensions||16.1 x 12.2 x 0.6 inches||12 x 9 x 0.5 inches||12 x 9.1 x 0.5 inches||0.5 x 9 x 12 inches||—||12.2 x 9.06 x 0.24 inches|
|Size||12"x16"||1 Pack||9x12 in||9"x12"||2-Pack||9"X12"|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Yoli R. on May 25, 2019
Didn't think it made this much difference, give it a whirl with some MGraham or Sennelier watercolors, but please don't blame me for introducing you!
Cheaper papers are often wood pulp so the paint sits on top of the paper, the paint, therefore, does not mix or layer well. The texture doesn't show up. Even if you are the most skilled artists' paintings will end up looking like a toddler painted it. Wood pulp paper works AGAINST you as you try to paint.
But this paper is 100 percent cotton and is a dream to paint on. The water and pigment soak into the paper, leaving vivid beautiful washes that are extremely easy to layer and glaze. Arches works WITH you to create the best painting of your ability. If you watercolor, this paper is a MUST.