Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on January 7, 2014
I really enjoyed The Archie Wedding: Archie in Will You Marry Me? (The Married Life Series), and when i found out that they were going to continue the stories I was really interested in what direction the stories would be taken. And from this book I am very pleased with the direction. As an Archie fan for as long as i can remember this is a great step forward, cannot wait to read the next Book and I really hope that they continue with this, it is truly a great read for all Archie fans.
on January 21, 2014
i'm enjoying this book ,i have been a fan of the Archie's comic since 4th grade,and i'm 52 now and still enjoy reading the Archie comic, i hav a collection of the comics since 4th grade so when i pulled this up on amazon, i was truly,truly happy,it's all good- thanks so much,amazon is the best
on May 18, 2012
This is just about the best comic book/graphic novel that I have ever read. Well-developed characters and two fantastic story lines. Mystery, intrigue, trials, tribulations, ambition, tragedy, parallel worlds and parallel lives. Archie and the gang grow up and begin to find that their world is a far more complex and that their lives are far more stressful and intriguing than they ever bargained for. What a read! Beautiful!
on November 6, 2011
I was disappointed with the Archie wedding series, which used a plot of alternate futures to depict the dual fates awaiting Archie Andrews that hinged on his choice between his life-long loves Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge. The plot fell flat, the characters were one-dimensional and the entire premise was too simple to accept. In other words, it was just like all of the other modern Archie comics that I've read and just another example of why I spend my money on buying old Archie digests and magazines rather than subscribe to the new editions coming out today. Needless to say, I was reluctant to invest in this book, but when I got a sneak peak at the first chapter in another comic, I was so entranced that I had to buy it. This book takes the superficial and bland Wedding storyline and transforms it into something so much more. It reminded me of some of the best stories in the old comics that I've read: those with beautiful artwork that told stories peopled with believable characters caught in realistic and emotionally charged (for a comic, at least!) plots.

As the alternate stories unfold, the book reads more like a novel than a comic book and focuses not only on the fate of the love triangle between Archie and his gals but on the future of the entire community of Riverdale as well. The reader gets a glimpse into the alternate futures of Jughead, Reggie, Moose and other favorite characters, each involved in their own dilemmas and uncertainties. The storylines are complex and differ widely enough to remain separate but retain similarities that keep them true to the characters and history behind the entire Archie universe. Many of the future events are surprising but completely believable based on the characters' long-standing attributes. I was drawn into their lives and felt, for the first time in a long while, that I had finally found Archie and his gang again, this time as mature adults dealing with many of the same issues as I do. My only complaint is the way in which Mr. Lodge is portrayed as the bad guy of both futures, plotting his way to take over Riverdale and transform it from a small town driven by local business to another Micky-D's and Walmart infested supercity. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Mr. Lodge and I just can't accept this horrible reincarnation. However, despite that fact, I still loved this book and the way it reveals how much of our lives depend on the simplest of choices. Its plot is emotionally charged, its characters are full-bodied and the storylines are absorbing. Add to that the beautiful artwork and I can honestly say that the money I spent on this book (and on pre-ordering its sequel) was money well spent!
on August 2, 2013
A great way to expand on the Archie Wedding book! I fell in love with the characters, and the story, because it shows that they have finally all left school behind, and have begun real life. I can relate to a lot of their experiences starting out after college!
on March 10, 2014
Book quality is very good. The comic itself is beautifully done. Very happy to finally get my hands on it. Now to get the hot chocolate and a blanket and curl up to read it. Thank you!
on May 26, 2014
my 10 year old daughter enjoyed it so much she asked for numbers two and three right away. She already has number four and wants to read teh consecutive order. She is really into it. These are addictive.
on July 19, 2013
I have enjoyed this immensely, but it wasn't clear to me that this wasn't a complete story, but rather a series. Still, really entertaining to imagine the way life might have gone. I miss this style of comics, there's nothing contemporary like this. Very enjoyable.
on August 8, 2014
Was never really a fan of Archie till I started reading Afterlife with Archie. I wanted to backtrack some good Archie stories and started with this. Awesome read. Any Archie or comic fan should give it a read.
on March 12, 2014
I love it I can't wait to get the next one I got it yesterday and I finished it today