Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 156 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on January 7, 2010
Having owned several bamboo cutting boards, I decided to purchase two of these for my mother, who has been using the same cutting board set for almost a decade for christmas. The main purpose was because bamboo cutting boards are much more hygienic, more environmentally friendly (bamboo grows quickly and is a very renewable source), and that it's pretty tough.
The boards do come a little fuzzy at first, but after a bit of use and washing, they become very strong. As is with most lower end boards, cut marks do become visible, but those will eventually wear away as the outer finish of the board grows more weathered. This is nothing bad.
The best selling point about these boards are the rubber feet. While they do take away an entire side of a board to use for cooking, they provide a vital role in keeping the board still while you're dicing (these boards are light and would probably slide around otherwise without the feet; I've had bad experience with other boards sliding around) and also helps air the board while it dries, keeping the bamboo off the ground and letting the water soak in and promote bacterial growth.

My only qualms about this board are the lightness of the bamboo. My own boards are very dark in color, giving them a very rich quality. These boards are VERY light in color, so if you really like matching your cookware, make sure that you have a brighter kitchen, or you may begin thinking these are a bit of an eye-sore.
on December 27, 2011
This is a nice quality, heavyweight cutting board. We have bought a couple bamboo cutting boards in stores in the same price range but ended up returning them for various reasons. Some of the problems we had were a rough cutting surface, the board being warped and uneven, and one was so thin that it actually broke. This board has a nice smooth surface, is thick enough to be sturdy but isn't too heavy or awkward.

If you purchase this board, go to a drugstore and get some mineral oil (sold as a laxative or "intestinal lubricant") and coat the board lightly every month or whenever it starts to get a little dry. If you don't do this, the board can dry out, absorb moisture, and might eventually warp a little. This will also keep it from absorbing odors.

The rubber feet on the bottom are great and add a lot of stability. They are actually attached in the bamboo so they won't fall off. This is the first non-slip cutting board I've purchased because I always liked having both sides to cut on but it really makes a remarkable difference and I don't think I'll ever be going back.

The only thing that could improve this would be a groove around the edges to help when cutting juicy fruits. Even without that, I'm very happy with the board and expect that, with proper care, it will last us a long time.
on January 11, 2010
Love love love this cutting board. Hard rubber gripper feet are secured within the wood, NOT glued on, so they'll never come off. I have the smaller version of this board as well. Just be sure to oil it plenty when you first get it, and once a week for a month, and then once a month after that. Plain mineral oil from the drugstore is fine - it's the same as the "bamboo" oil that's much more expensive.
on March 24, 2013
I didn't want to spend a lot of money replacing one of my family's cutting boards, so I spent a large amount of time researching what would be the best value. I came across this one, and felt that with its price, I could afford to also purchase a quality cutting board oil (John Taylor butcher block conditioner) to make it last longer.

I applied the oil as instructed, and I always hand wash my boards as briefly as possible and pat them dry afterwards. Given all this extra care, a crack still appeared a week after being used. It's small, and since I only use this board for fruits and vegetables I didn't worry too much. I am rather disappointed though, and I can only assume it's due to a manufacturing defect.

However, considering the price I paid for this board, I'm still giving it a solid 4 stars. If the crack gets bigger, I will change this, but at the moment everything is still going smoothly.
on September 5, 2012
I am an advanced home chef and scratch cook more than 10 times a week. This is far and away my favorite cutting board of all time. I bought two and use them both multiple times daily. I am surprised that many people complain that the board is one-sided. Buy two if you need two sides. If you flip your board over, you make a mess on your counter top, doofus. Only amateurs or cooks who don't do their own cleaning would do something silly like that. The rubber feet on the bottom are sturdy and don't come off. They keep the board level and firm and prevent any slipping, even on a wet counter top. The bamboo hasn't split or warped. With heavy use, they absorb a little water, so I put them on top of a warm oven and that seems to dry them out without damaging the boards. I have other pretty boards that I take out for guests, but these bamboo boards are my daily work horses. I have used both over 1000 times each.
on August 19, 2014
Must towel dry thoroughly after each use, especially by the gripper feet or they will develop mold. I have had this board for 3 years and used it almost daily in a busy family of five, and recently had to throw it away.

I had no cracking issues. I did use mineral oil on it as suggested heavily for the first few weeks, then maybe 3 or 4 times a year after that.

I love the weight and size and gripper feet. Not too heavy or too big/small (I am a 5'3" woman). I did towel dry after every use, but husband and kids were not so consistent. For the price I think overall it's a good purchase and purchased another one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 16, 2010
This might be the preferred choice in bamboo cutting boards right now. I purchased two others from Amazon (that's how much I like them), but this one is raised with the grippers. That allows this board to be used right next to the sink, resting above any water on the counter near the sink.

The size is as advertised. They are an inch thick with the grippers, and the grippers are quite wide and large without adding much to the thickness dimension.

This cutting board is lighter in color than my other bamboo cutting boards. I prefer the looks of the darker ones. The grain is very nice and even, the same on both sides.

This one has a fairly large surface area, thickness and bottom grippers. The grippers are superior - by a lot, not just something pasted on.

Mineral oil is supposed to be the best sealant to treat this board - I used it on mine. You can get mineral oil in lots of stores such as pharmacies. I found mineral oil at my local pharmacy for seven dollars a quart.
on April 20, 2012
My only complaint is the size. Yes, it is given in the desc, but once it is in front of you, you get the true feel. In all reality it seems to be a perfect size for regular family meal prep. The board it replaced was slightly bigger so I probably just got used to it.

Now for all the good. The non slip feet are great and keep it raised slightly off the counter. The look of it is really nice, but then again I love the bamboo. I did get some wood curing for it as everywhere I read said it was useful and helped prolong the board life. I would recommend getting one bottle of that of your choice as it does seems to help it out and seal it. I got this one for it and it worked nicely: Howard BBC012 Butcher Block Conditioner Food Grade Mineral Oil and Natural Waxes, 12-Ounces

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice affordable wood cutting board. Just make sure the size fits your needs.
on June 5, 2013
After getting the product it looked nice. It was stable and I thought it was a quality built board.. After couple of weeks using the board it started to develop cracks where the wood is joined together. Then after another week you put a little pressure on it an see these cracks open up. I suspect it will break into pieces before long. I never put this board in the dish washer because I know that is harsh on any piece of wood. So believe me and the other reviews on this cutting board that it does crack! POS
on November 23, 2012
One of the few things our kitchen lacks is good cutting boards. Sadly, the $50 beautiful butcher block-thick cutting board on our wedding registry was one of the unclaimed items. So I bought this. I've been using it for about 2 months and I like it. It is perfectly serviceable. The gripper feet are probably its best feature. They keep the cutting board from sliding around on our smooth, formica countertops. I like the rounded sides and the feel of the wood is quite nice.

I have 2 small complaints: 1. This cutting board stains very easily. Even though I wash it with a soft bristle brush, hot water and soap shortly after I use it, it's already showing a lot of marks. 2. The wood is also already showing knife marks. I know I wasn't willing to spend $50 for the really nice hardwood board I really wanted, but I wasn't expecting this one to have scores after just two months.

I would absolutely buy this again, if I were going back in time to remake purchasing decisions related to small household goods. However, next time I need to buy a cutting board, I'm going to spend the money and get something that will last--and look beautiful--for longer.