Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Architectural Mailboxes Coronado Mailbox with Antique Copper Accents, Black
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on November 23, 2013
The mailbox:

1) Look great
2) Has a solid feel
3) The door latches well - despite other's comments.

But,

The directions are terrible. I had a simple post with an arm. Out of the box, this could not be attached without purchasing an expensive accessory (also made by them), Even after buying the accessory, no where between the set of instructions could one figure out how this should be mounted. Why so difficult? Unless other mailboxes that have mounting holes along the lower edge, this system only mounts from the bottom of the the inside. But, it also does not sit flush on the bottom. So, the accessory place needs to be put between the two.

Even after the accessory plate is preset, it is difficult to mount the plate to the arm and then the mailbox to the plate because you need both a nut and bolt to attach it to the plate but you can't easily get a hand under it to hold the nut. If they wanted a greatly improved product I would:

1) recesses the mounting holes so the bolt head does not protrude into the bottom of the mailbox so that mail or you hand get caught on it.
2) include bolts that self threaded into the accessory plate (as long as you make people but it. For all the money, neither the accessory plate nor the mailbox included any screws.
3) include directions that are step by step for all the common mail post configurations - can't be more than 6. These directions were horrible - actually unusable,
on June 18, 2016
Beautiful, sturdy, very well made, but 4 stars because the bolt heads are exposed inside on the bottom causing the mail to get stuck. It doesn't just slide out as easily as it should. Nothing significant and nothing that would cut or poke you, but when trying to get the mail from my vehicle, it's a bit harder.
on May 18, 2014
I looked for a long time to find a mailbox that I really liked....and settled on this one (beige). I was so excited...BUT....after one winter the 'bronze' is quite rusty and the door does not stay closed. VERY expensive mailbox that does not work. I would love a replacement in hopes that'll last longer, but return policy doesn't allow for this.
on October 5, 2014
I love my mailbox. Although it seems it doesn't take much to entertain me, I am very very happy with the quality, the sturdiness, the beauty and class of this box. I got the white with antique copper trim and could not be happier. My son mounted it for me and although we did have to drill other screw holes due to the fact it did not line up with the previous box, I am very pleased. Now to see how long the box with magnet on the door holds up in Texas heat and weather.
on December 5, 2014
Good, heavy quality. With the matching post, the two were easy to put together and sink into the existing hole. The next time the USPS guy/gal hits this box, they're going to have more damage than me.
on March 14, 2016
This is the most well-constructed piece of garbage I have ever seen. Truly heavy duty, nice accents, great looking. With a door that simply won't stay closed from the moment we took it out of the box. The latch simply pops open within seconds of trying to close it. Which makes this a great looking, utterly unusable piece of junk. Too bad, because if it worked it would look great in front of our house. Clearly a recurring problem with this company because I've seen a few reviews indicating the same flaw. Buyer beware.
on June 9, 2016
Front door does not close the best at times... it is adjustable. I called the manufacturer and they sent me out a replacement kit. Great service. I believe that it function well once I finish the install.
on July 13, 2016
Have a shared driveway with three houses, so bought three of these to unify the look of the mail boxes. Two of the three won't stay closed because of the door latch. Now returning all three and looking elsewhere.
on October 9, 2015
Ordered one, took it out of the box and found after a couple of times of open/close of door, it would no longer stay closed. Wife decided to give it another try and had them replace it .. second one came and exact same thing .. few open/close and the door failed to stay closed on the second one. Gave up -- VERY poor design on the door latch. The mail box looks to be durable if not for the inferior door latch.
on February 23, 2012
The quality of the product cannot be questioned. We thought we were buying an American made product as Architectural Mailboxes website states "America's Leading Manufacturer of Premium Mailboxes." Disappointing that it is made in China.