- Brand Name: Archos
- Model Number: 500698
Archos AV4100 100 GB Pocket Video Recorder
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Record up to 400 hours of TV programs and video content from a TV, VCR, cable, or satellite receiver using the TV cradle
- Program recordings using the Recording Scheduler, which directly controls the VCR or set-top box tuner
- Store and watch between up to 200 full-length movies
- Enjoy up to 4.5 hours of video playback on the color LCD while on the go
- Play MP3, WMA (including protected files) and WAV music files
From the Manufacturer
The AV4100 experience starts in the living room where you can record TV shows and movies directly from a TV, VCR, or cable / satellite receiver with a convenient one-time set-up TV Cradle.
But entertainment enjoyment goes far beyond the living room. When on the go, you can watch videos and view photos on the large color LCD screen, listen to and record music, transfer photos from your digital camera and data files from your PC.
The Recording Scheduler automatically finds and digitally records the programs and movies that interest you.
|Pocket DVR with convenient, one-time set-up TV Cradle |
Dock the AV4100 in the TV Cradle and let it record up to 400 hours of TV programs and movies directly from a TV, VCR, cable box, or satellite tuner. Once you have connected the cradle for the first time, you will not have to reconnect the cables each time you get home. Just dock the AV4100 and you are ready to record or view files on the TV.
Recording Scheduler - relax while it does the work for you!
While you are busy doing other things, the Recording Scheduler automatically finds and digitally records the programs and movies that interest you. The AV4100 starts recording based on the time and duration of the recording schedule you have established. More details
Program Recordings in advance with Yahoo! Calendar
For those who have a My Yahoo! account and use the calendar feature, the AV4100 can read the TV programs scheduled into your personal calendar and thus make scheduled recordings. You can sign up for an account and learn how to use the My Yahoo! TV and calendar functions at the Yahoo! Website.
Beyond the Living Room... My Life in My pocket
Entertainment enjoyment goes far beyond the living room. When on the go, you can watch videos and view photos on the large color LCD screen, listen to and record music, transfer photos from memory cards, and transfer data files all with one pocket-sized device. The result is that all your personal media and data content are always in your pocket.
Store and view thousands of JPEG photos and make a slide show for family and friends.
ARCHOS launched the first portable video player in 2002, the Jukebox Multimedia. Since then, the company has gained an in-depth experience that has enabled us to develop the industry's most advanced operating system for portable video devices. It has never been easier to quickly access the function you want by clicking on the specific icon. Enjoy thumbnail views for photos and videos.
Playback recorded TV shows or movies on the go on the built-in color LCD. You can also display video content on a TV or video projector for at-home viewing with family and friends. The AV4100 plays MPEG-4 video in DVD quality (704x480 @ 30 f/s) with CD quality stereo sound. All your videos with you anywhere, anytime.
Listen to and record 300 to 1500 hours of music - big enough to hold 25,000 songs! The AV4100 plays MP3, WMA (including protected files, with Microsoft's Windows Media Digital Rights Management), and WAV music files and is compatible with major on-line music stores. Easily organize songs with the ARCHOS ARClibrary and view by artist, genre, title and year (ID3 compatible). The AV4100 can record from any standard audio source with high-quality stereo sound. All your music with you anywhere, anytime.
|The AV4100 offers playback for your favorite music and video files.|
Use the internal Microphone for making voice recordings on the go or add an optional external Stereo Microphone (available for sale in our accessories catalog).
The Pocket Video Recorder AV4100 is seen as an additional drive on your computer (PC or Macintosh). Store any computer file using the USB 2.0 interface, which is also USB 1.1 compatible. Once your data is stored in the AV4100, you can easily organize files while on the go thanks to the Double Browser.
Organize files while on the go - no computer needed
The Double Browser is an easy-to-use music file management system for organizing your files will on the go. This unique file management functionality allows you to delete, rename, copy, move files and even create folders directly on the AV4100 without using a computer - ideal for photographers who want to organize photo files when on a shoot.
Top Customer Reviews
- The setup was a no brainer. You plug it into your computer with the USB and the computer will automatically detect your new hardware and install all the needed software and drivers (since they're all in the ARCHOS device).
- The TV/VCR/DVD recording setup and usage is really simple. However, if your DVD is copyright protected, you'll only be able to play it back on the LCD (it won't play on your TV or on your computer).
- The sound quality is fine. The speaker can become really squeaky and coarse if you put it up really loud, but in general, the sound is not bad at all.
- I haven't really used the photo-viewing ability, but so far, with the sample pictures that comes with the device, the photoviewer works fine.
- The music player is really cool. The interface is exceptional and if you play on shuffle, it'll display what the next song in queue is. The only disappointment that I have with the music player is the playlist. It was a little confusing at first to set up a playlist and even after I made one, it didn't show up when I wanted it to. But after a little playing around, I figured everything out.Read more ›
I'm a big anime fan and I wanted to have something that could play my anime fansubs anywhere...in addition to my entire music collection. And the archos has the biggest harddrive of any player out there so I knew i didn't have to worry about filling up the hard drive and having to erase stuff from it all the time.
Also, I like to beable to watch my anime on TV but a lot of the shows I watch do not come on american television.. The ARCHOS has a nice feature that allows you to play the video on the archos, on the television screen. most of my anime files are around 100 to 200 mb... not DVD quality by a long shot but when my dad walked into the room and saw my anime playing on the TV, he was very very very surprised to see that it was in fact, coming from the archos...The quality was amazing, and looked even better than when I played it on my computer. No quality whatsoever was lost by expanding the picture to a 36 inch television.
I was worried, before it came, that the screen would be too small to read the subtitles or that the resolution wouldn't be good enough, but neither of those turned out to be a problem. Not only are the subtitles just the perfect size to read, but the resolution is AMAZING for such a small device.
I was also worried, that it would be pretty big and klunky, for having a 100 gig drive and a 3 and a half inch screen and whatnot but the size and weight don't bother me at all.Read more ›
- It plays video!
- It's 100G instead of 60G
- Its USB 2.0 connection is MUCH faster than the Creative (I can send over a whole album in a few seconds)
- The unit's interface is easy to use and navigate
- It plays video!
- The audio and video sound is much better, richer (there's a bass boost that's really good)
- Its video is GREAT (I've ripped and loaded several of my DVDs to it and they play really well with good color and sound)
- The screen is bright (even in the middle setting it's bright enough for everyday use)
- It records my fave TV shows to take with me on my subway ride
- Did I mention that it plays video!
- The resume function works great (I can stop a video or song in mid-stream when, say, lunch is over, and then pick back up on my way home; I can even set up bookmarks in different files to jump to that part of the file)
- It acts like a hard drive so I can use SecondCopy to autosync my music and videos without having to launch WMP, MMJB, etc. (except for a few DRM files I have, then I have to use WMP)
- All the previous quality issues I've read about with the Archos products seem to have been fixed
Highly, HIGHLY recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I don't know how i've managed to live so long without it! never again will i ever be bored standing in line or waiting somewhere. Read morePublished on January 15, 2006 by yb
After researching this thing and all the other PMPs out there, I decided this 100GB one was the best for the price. Read morePublished on July 30, 2005 by Max
After 4 months of waiting, my order finally arrived. Good thing the local distributor provided an AV420 service unit to relieve me of my frustrations. Read morePublished on July 22, 2005 by Reggie J.
Just bought the AV4100 last week and it keeps on freezing. First only when connecting/disconnecting the USB however now also using the cradle to connect to the TV/DVD. Read morePublished on May 17, 2005 by Jaap Groot