Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on March 14, 2016
Finally got to rock this bad boy for the 2015-2016 ski season. Had it out about 10x this season not a single issue! Waterproofing is great, fairly breathable for a waterproof softshell. Pit zips are crucial for dumping heat. Powder skirt works great, no snow up my back. I wish the hood was just a touch bigger; with my XL helmet, it just barely fits over top and binds a bit when turn the head, but my helmet is warm enough and has closable vents so I don't stress over that too much. Great jacket, looking forward to breaking it out next season.
on November 8, 2015
I use this for biking to work mostly, it hasn't seen much winter use but I can tell it's quite warm for its size. Protects well in the rain, the hood fits over the helmet well (I have a large head, and a large helmet). The armpit vents are large and effective, I frequently have them open due to all the energy used biking. The front pockets are almost too ample, the arm pocket fits my note 2 but not my passport wallet (after seeing the phone fit, I realized if I fell i'd smash it to bits). The wallet did fit in the inside pocket. The zippers all seem sturdily made, though only time can test that. I'm 6'3" 225lb with a 46" chest, stomach measures 43" resting and I wear 36-38" pants. In all areas the XL jacket is a perfect fit, and I'm pretty sure there's room for more stomach if that is in my future. It lives up to its near $500 price tag, though I don't think I'd have bought it if I hadn't found one for $288.
on January 30, 2015
Returned due to fit ordered Sabre with relaxed fit for layering Stingray was tight through shoulders and waist

I had a large and I am 5'8" 170 lbs with stocky build
on January 30, 2012
Overall: Great Jacket but too expensive. I would give it 4 and a half stars.

This jacket was as advertised and really stylish. I only went boarding twice with it so far and received a lot of compliments. Note, this is a shell, you WILL get cold. Just make sure to layer up and you will be fine. I tackled -20 degree weather in VT by layering up.

I also plan to use this in NYC on rainy days so I could get the most use out of this jacket.

I am also excited for the lifetime warranty, should anything happen to my jacket, other than normal wear and tear.

Maybe the only negative is the selection of colors for this jacket. The other colors look like disaster and was forced (happily) to choose black.

Remember people, you get what you pay for.
on September 1, 2015
Jacket is very nice It fits well, has lots of pockets. I like the feel of this jacket, it is softer than the Sabre and doesn't have all the crinkle sound. The jacket has pit zips and large front pockets designed for heat dump. The jacket does have a tad of insulation on the back. I like the color too, agathis is a nice color of green. Thanks to Amazon I got this jacket for a great price. I definitely recommend this jacket.
on November 23, 2015
Really nice quality jacket, and very waterproof. Zippers are slow due to the watertightness element. Looks good and glad i got it
on December 1, 2014
All I can say is wow!!! For a shell it is very comfortable. Awsome engineering and well thought out. Everything has its place and nothing was just thrown on this jacket for style or for the sake of cutting some corner.
on June 21, 2011
This jacket is a soft shell jacket with the power of Gore-Tex! Think of a soft, quiet, waterproof material. It is just a shell with a micro fleece type lining to add a little softness to the inside. It has a powder skirt which I think all jackets should come with and the pit zips to dump heat. Don't forget to clean and re-waterproof it with Nikwax!
on October 9, 2016
Nice jacket, but you have to have orangutan arms if you don't want 4" of extra sleeve hanging off your hands. Just didn't come close to fitting me, even though the torso was clearly the right size.
on January 2, 2014
Just back from skiing, jacket worked well, kept me warm with fleece layer and cap 4 baselayer, had good weather so did not test the waterproofing but suspect will hold up well, typical of Arc'teryx, would highly recommend

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.