BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on October 6, 2017
Very good product. Drastically lowered my CPU temperatures on my gaming laptop (Lenovo Y50, GTX860M, i7-4710HQ). I had tried a new tube of Arctic Alumina, but still had high temps (overheated often in FO4 - 100C and entered thermal cooldown). I wiped that off and then used an old (over 10 years) tube of Arctic Silver 2 I had lying around. Same issue with little improvement. I then ordered this kit, and followed the instructions to the letter (use the AS website). I think what I had done wrong was the surface prep. I used drug store quality isopropyl alcohol, which must have left some residue. Because I kid you not, my temps on my CPU have dropped 20C to 25C at least on load. It's crazy how bad it was before. I recommend the kit, and using the stage 1 and 2 cleaners with lint free cloth to prep the CPU and heatsink.
on September 29, 2017
Love this compound. Applied to three different laptops of varying age, on the CPU and GPU. On two laptops the average operating temp of the CPU dropped by 5 degrees C, and on the third oldest laptop the average temperature of the CPU dropped 10 degrees C. For the GPU temperatures the change was smaller, but still 2-5 degrees C for all three GPUs.
on October 14, 2017
I'm pleased to be writing this review from a newly restored Late 2008 unibody Macbook. I was experiencing random shutdowns I suspected to be related to overheating. I tore the laptop apart and removed built up dust from the fan. You'd be surprised at how much a laptop can accumulate in 8 years. While I was in there I figured after more than 8 years, the thermal paste should probably be replaced as well. After this procedure there is a night and day difference. My Macbook is regularly running around 130 F where it was shutting down around 180 F under light loads before. The included cleaner and prep solutions made this an easy pick. Even though this does not contain much thermal compound, it was more than double what I needed to repair my Macbook.
on September 13, 2017
I re-pasted the CPU and GPU in my old laptop with this stuff last night, after the original paste finally dried out, causing a sudden thermal shutdown. Upon booting back up, temps went down to 63C (from 93C on the GPU) under full load. I couldn't get the temps any higher, even running Project Cars on a 6 year old laptop. The cleaning kit was extremely easy to use as well. Very satisfied!
on April 17, 2017
this is one of the better thermal pastes on the market. this does not scratch your heat sink mating surfaces, so thats a big plus to this type. I think the diamond paste is the only one that scratches. usually your cooling unit will do much more than the thermal compound. as far as upgradability goes
on November 16, 2013
Used this to redo the thermal paste on my 2011 17" MacBook Pro. The max temp is down about 4-5 degrees Celsius, and when high load is removed, the system cools down much faster than it used to.

I also used this to redo the thermal paste on a 2008 15" 2.4GHz C2D MacBook Pro, a 2009 White MacBook, and a 2011 15" i7 MacBook Pro. All of them had really poor paste jobs from the factory.

My wife's 15" 2008 MBP was the most impressive, though. We sent it back to Apple three times for a new logic board, new hard drive, and for Nvidia graphics issues. Streaming video would always result in screen tearing, and there were a plethora of video issues. It would get so hot that you could literally fry an egg on it. So recently I figured, why not redo the thermal paste? It was the worst of all the laptops I did.

Once redoing the thermal paste on that 15" Aluminum MBP, the results were dramatic. The laptop was cooler, the fans didn't spool up as often, and AMAZINGLY, video streaming no longer had screen tearing! So all of the Nvidia issues that have been documented for that model laptop could have been ameliorated by something as simple as reapplying the thermal paste.

It's been about 4 months since I did the paste on her laptop, and it has run like a whistle ever since. Her 2008 laptop is just as fast as the 2013 MacBook Airs, for basic tasks. Her battery life also increased due to the better cooling.

Thanks, Arctic Silver!!
on July 8, 2017
Exactly what you would expect. Used this stuff many times and always works great. If you have strong IPA you can use that too, but this stuff is very convenient and it works great. Thermal paste tube is pretty small so only really can get a couple of uses out of it probably. Don't need too much of if to be effective though too.
on June 9, 2017
I upgraded an old computer and needed to remove paste residue from old cooler. The remover work really well and the cleaner did a great job also. Of course Arctic Silver is the only paste I would ever use. It works and it is important.
on July 28, 2015
Im not sure what went amiss, but I received a used product? The cleaner was barely half full, and the purifier less than a quarter. the Thermal Paste was new, and for that I gave it a second star. The lids were on super super tight, so I doubt there as any leakage during shipping. The cleaner/purifier seems a little superfluous. I have used alcohol for many years and thought I'd give this a try. I'll stick to the cheaper, more effective solution. It preformed no better than Isopropyl Alcohol and is therefore not something i'll advocate or purchase twice. For those that love this stuff, congrats. It just didn't work out for me as well as I had hoped.
on February 4, 2017
The thermal compound cleaner was like magic. I've used a variety of products to remove old thermal compound and none came close to this, then using the purifier to remove all residue - great and easy...
Can't say enough about this product offering