MOVI Arduino Shield Speech Recognizer and Speech Synthesizer
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Movi is an easy to use speech recognizer and voice synthesizer arduino shield.
- Easily program up to 150 full-sentence voice commands from arduino ide with the speech recognizer.
- Movi is speaker independent. You can carry on programmed conversations with projects with the speech synthesizer.
- Movi is privacy friendly: no internet or pc connection required. It is compatible with most arduino compatible boards.
- Movi speaks english and also supports spanish and german.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MOVI is an easy to use speech recognizer and voice synthesizer. It is used with an Arduino board and provides an alternative to buttons, remote controls, or cell phones by letting you program up to 150 full-sentence voice commands for tasks such as turning devices on and off, entering alarm codes, and carrying on programmed conversations with projects. It is programmed directly from the Arduino IDE. MOVI is plug and play! Plug the shield onto your Arduino Uno or compatible board, connect a power supply and a speaker, and you’re ready to go. For more information on MOVI please visit the Audeme website.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of the highlights would be:
- Arduino-compatible shield
- Does both voice recognition and speech
- Can handle hundreds of words/sentences at the same time (I tested with around 500, other ones I tried only support one group of 7 or 8 w/s at a time)
- Built-in mic works great
- Nice docs, examples, easy to program
- Direct communication/support from creators on their forum
- Firmware uses microSD card, so it can be upgraded
- Not strictly limited to the arduino, uses serial communication so other devices can be interfaced with it as well
It only took a few minutes to get it to do what took me hours with my other VR modules, so just the time I saved was worth every penny. It uses clean text strings on serial, so there was no need to write complicated code that manipulates single bits to issue commands or find out what words were spoken. I really like that it can answer back with speech, as it's more natural to use voice both ways.
Considering all the other features, convenience and online support, I think it really deserves 5 stars.
I've used it on Arduino Uno and Mega, on ESP-12e, and straight to the computer via serial/usb adapter.
Otherwise , it works well and is very easy to get working. For an adult voice it is reasonably reliable in properly interpreting spoken commands although it does begin to have trouble if the commands are too similar to each other. Very convenient that it also includes text-to-speech capability as well. The MOVI spoken voice is also reasonably easy to understand for almost all text.
Vendor link is here
Great experience and loving the shield so far.
Had another device I tried that was a total disappointment.
The MOVI is easy enough to interface with an Arduino and works amazingly well with the normal noises in the room completely stumped the previous device I tried.
GET ONE if you need speech recognition! Is it perfect? No, nothing to do with speech recognition at this time is problem free, but the MOVI is probably the absolute best.