Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Are You a Cow? (Boynton on Board)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on June 12, 2012
Got this book for my 15-month-old who loves animals and also loves the word "no". after asking him if he's that animal he answers "no" When i read "No!" right after him he laughs and laughs. He feels like he's reading the book to me and he just loves it
on July 28, 2012
This book literally asks the reader (or the one who is being read to) if they are a cow, dog, duck, etc. While it can be repetitive, it is the first book that has encouraged a verbal response from my 15 month old son. When you ask the question, it encourages him to say 'No'. He will have me read this book over and over again, enjoying the opportunity to answer the questions. It seems to make him feel accomplished in knowing and being able to say the answer. For this, I highly recommend the book for other parents looking to get a similar response.
on January 15, 2013
Absolutely adorable book which will be fun to grow with my daughter! I had picked it up in the store previously and put it back down because the first page was a bit obnoxious-feeling to me, but looking at the whole book it is really sweet. The book goes through asking a bunch of "Are you a ___?" questions, with a no on each page I'm sure my daughter will enjoy "reading" as she gets older. At the end it concludes with, "Are you a penguin? You're not? But wait! You must be YOU! Now isn't that great?" Sweet, positive message that will be fun for years and is short enough to hold my 7 month old's attention now. As a bonus, all of the simple questions/picture of just a (cartoon) animal head makes this a great book for learning animals, too!
Sandra Boynton, Are You a Cow? (Simon and Schuster, 2012)

I'm not sure I can, or need to, give you any more of a recommendation than this. The bean, an inveterate Boynton fanatic, has never asked me to read a Boynton book more than once in a row until tonight. Are You a Cow? Got read three full times before I was allowed to put it down. If that doesn't qualify as the Bean Stamp of Approval, I don't know what does. From my perspective, it's a rather slight thing, but fun to read and just as adept at rhythm and rhyme as all of Boynton's stuff (this is something I still feel weird about pointing out, but the more kids' books I've read over the last few years, the more of them I've noticed are, shall we say, less than adept at one, the other, or both). A big hit at Goat Central. ****
on February 8, 2016
Sandra Boynton has done it again! We love her books and this one was no exception! My son loves cows, so what's more appropriate than to get him a book with a cow in it?! He laughs when I read this to him and loves the cute illustrations. The board book holds up well to my active 16 month old and provides great bonding time while we read and laugh together.
on December 18, 2014
Bought this book and 3 other Sandra Boynton books (Hippos Go Berserk, Snuggle Puppy, and Doggies) for Christmas gifts for my best friend's 2-year old and my boyfriend's niece who is almost a year old. I think they will be perfect for mom and dad to read to them, and the girls to begin to learn to read as they grow! They are board books-- thick and good quality, that will be easy for tiny hands to hold... or put in their mouth... or whatever... haha. This book is so adorable, sweetly illustrated, and I had fun reading the lines aloud. I can imagine that it will get a lot of giggles... "Are you a cow?!?" "No!!!! giggle giggle giggle". Overall I think this book (and the others) are perfect for toddlers and I will remember them if I have kiddos of my own someday! :)
on December 18, 2015
Sandra Boynton is a gifted writer of children's literature. The text is simple without being insipid; quickly memorizable by a young child so that they can 'read along' with you, and not so long that they overwhelm their attention span. My grandkids love animals of all kinds, so the illustrations are always a hit as well.
on May 3, 2016
Son totally loves this book! It is very easy for young readers to read and due to its repetition it helps children learn simple sight words. Loved the book! As a teacher I expanded the book by adding more animals and actions to the story!
on July 11, 2016
Fun book with short sentences.
love Boynton Books!
Also these books are prunted on heavy cardboard that stand up tp a lot of abuse. My toddler not only loves reading these, but sometimes takes them into the bed overnight. I know it makes for a strange cuddle buddy but at least I don't have to worry about whether or not the book is going to survive the night. We've had others that were not so lucky.
on November 21, 2015
In case you weren't sure, this book walks you through several steps to determine which type of animal you are. Perhaps a pig? Nope. At the end of the story, my almost two year old squeals with the excitement at the prospect of learning who she is.