Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 236 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 277 reviews
on January 15, 2013
Absolutely adorable book which will be fun to grow with my daughter! I had picked it up in the store previously and put it back down because the first page was a bit obnoxious-feeling to me, but looking at the whole book it is really sweet. The book goes through asking a bunch of "Are you a ___?" questions, with a no on each page I'm sure my daughter will enjoy "reading" as she gets older. At the end it concludes with, "Are you a penguin? You're not? But wait! You must be YOU! Now isn't that great?" Sweet, positive message that will be fun for years and is short enough to hold my 7 month old's attention now. As a bonus, all of the simple questions/picture of just a (cartoon) animal head makes this a great book for learning animals, too!
on October 7, 2016
My dad bought me this book as a joke after our daughter was born because I kept complaining that I felt like a cow with all the post-partum bloating and round the clock pumping and feedings. (Thanks, Dad). It is a cute book. The illustrations are simple and bright, and the book itself is short enough for my now 4 month old to handle. We try to read to her everyday, but she doesn't have a very long attention span yet. She pays attention to the pictures in this book, and I think she will like the different animals and sounds as she grows and starts to understand language.
on December 18, 2014
Bought this book and 3 other Sandra Boynton books (Hippos Go Berserk, Snuggle Puppy, and Doggies) for Christmas gifts for my best friend's 2-year old and my boyfriend's niece who is almost a year old. I think they will be perfect for mom and dad to read to them, and the girls to begin to learn to read as they grow! They are board books-- thick and good quality, that will be easy for tiny hands to hold... or put in their mouth... or whatever... haha. This book is so adorable, sweetly illustrated, and I had fun reading the lines aloud. I can imagine that it will get a lot of giggles... "Are you a cow?!?" "No!!!! giggle giggle giggle". Overall I think this book (and the others) are perfect for toddlers and I will remember them if I have kiddos of my own someday! :)
on July 28, 2012
This book literally asks the reader (or the one who is being read to) if they are a cow, dog, duck, etc. While it can be repetitive, it is the first book that has encouraged a verbal response from my 15 month old son. When you ask the question, it encourages him to say 'No'. He will have me read this book over and over again, enjoying the opportunity to answer the questions. It seems to make him feel accomplished in knowing and being able to say the answer. For this, I highly recommend the book for other parents looking to get a similar response.
on March 22, 2017
We love Sandra Boynton books and this one is super cute. Fun, easy read. Perfect for my 1 year old who can't sit still for a long story. It keeps her attention and the illustrations are adorable.
on May 3, 2017
Great book if your little one loves animals and the sounds they make. Simple and easy to captivate their short attention spans.
on March 25, 2017
Not the best that Boynton has written. Not a lot of content. Daughter prefers the other titles like Pajama Time and My Oh My Dinosaurs.
on September 19, 2016
Not all of Sandra Boynton's books are written for the same age, and this one happens to be more appropriate for babies 12 months and under. While the illustrations do not disappoint, the story is exactly like many other infant books that we already own. Basically it's the "same" book (where the last page points to "you" meaning baby), it's just published by a different author. It lacks creativity.
on May 7, 2017
Are you a Cow is a great book! My 2 year old enjoys reading this book to us. It is one of our family favorites.
on December 18, 2015
Sandra Boynton is a gifted writer of children's literature. The text is simple without being insipid; quickly memorizable by a young child so that they can 'read along' with you, and not so long that they overwhelm their attention span. My grandkids love animals of all kinds, so the illustrations are always a hit as well.