Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on March 6, 2014
This book is really easy to read; what I liked most about it was simply the encouragement and reminder to focus on listening to others instead of trying to solve their problems. It's hard to apply the lesson, but this book at least pointed me in the right direction.
on September 30, 2012
This book is sensational and has helped me with many of my interpersonal and professional relationships. I was astonished at how the chapters break down ingrained bad behavior that I did not know I was doing and helped me learn to listen and better approach situations through successful communication. Granted I am still a work in progress, the outlines and guides and examples of situations where communication fails as a result of poor listening is something I think was vital to helping me, the reader connect with and understand. The guides to breaking poor listening habits was very useful and I refer back to the book constantly, especially when I feel communication breaking down - its a great reference tool to use. I highly recommend to everyone.
on August 8, 2005
Enjoyably readable, both practical and profound, this book hits all the right notes. As a clinical psychologist I found it so helpful, both in anchoring my approach to clients and in my being able to recommend it to them to help improve, often to rescue, their most important relationships.

In a compact presentation, with a wide array of engaging stories, the authors engender the necessary self-awareness of nonlistening behaviors, practiced with automatic ease even by those who see themselves as good listeners. This discussion lays the groundwork for the presentation of clear steps to skillful listening. In perhaps the greatest service, the authors suffuse this book with the essential spirit and meaning of listening--a vital human act of connecting with another person--for the sake of effectiveness, and for the sake of love.
on August 1, 2011
I bought this book after a break up with a women who complained that I didnt listen. After reading the book I relized just how right she was. I agreed with another persons comments. I felt encourage to start from Chapter 12. It worked as a great start up for me as I was desperate to learn my faults. I then went back and started from the begining. I read the entire book again start to finish. I find myself reflecting back to chapter 12 to the last. I wish that there was a continuation book II. It left me hunger for more. My staff and family has started opening up to me more. Great book.
on December 10, 2013
I sent this to someone in prison who said it helped him with relating to the other inmates. He wants more books on similar topics.
on January 23, 2013
Unless you live in an Internet equipped cave you'll benefit dramatically from reading this book.

This cuts to the heart of what goes wrong in relationships of all kinds from the most casual to the most intimate ones (especially marriage), and gives you the skills to not only overcome and sidestep these problems but to strengthen and deepen relationships because of your being able to know people on an incredibly deep level for having the skills this book teaches plainly and easily. It's filled with relatable examples that make it a compelling read.
on March 23, 2016
I was recommended this book by a good friend. It's surprising how many of us are awful listeners and don't notice it. And the way we think we should listen is usually not right. Great and easy read for anyone. Definitely a good buy!
on May 22, 2012
This is a great book for every human being, that assesses our communication habits and teaches us how to communicate effectively with one another. It will blow you away with the information inside. If you think that you are a great communicator, like some professionals may think, read this book. If you think that you are not a great communicator, like some parents and children may think, read this book. It will open your eyes to some truths about you that no one will tell you about yourself. Try it today, you won't regret it.
on October 9, 2013
The authors thoroughly, yet gently, explore the possibilities of loving listening and the consequences of surface listening. This is basic information for all relationships--even with yourself! I had read many other books and articles on listening, but this is the most thorough and gives examples of common behaviors anyone can relate to that block or enhance listening.
on January 14, 2017
good helpful book to learn better listening habits, not the usual stuff.