Arestech 5.5 inches A8 OBD2 Windshield HUD Head Up Display with Display RPM MPH Speeding Warning Fuel Consumption Temperature
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- 5.5 inches multi-color large screen design makes the information abundant and easier to read. Automatic adaptation car models and can apply for cars in line with OBD II or EUOBD. The OBD II and EUOBD first applied to European and North American manufactured automobiles after 2003 and for Asian manufactured cars since 2007. Please check around the area under the steering wheel for an OBD plug before purchase.
- Display rich contents: speed, engine speed, water temperature, battery voltage, instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, mileage measurement, shift reminding, fatigue driving reminding, low voltage alarm, high temperature alarm, speed alarm, engine fault alarm, fault code elimination, free switching between kilometer and mile.
- This HUD supports over speed reminding, the icon of over speed will alarm and flicker when the vehicle exceeds the speed limit which set up in advance.
- This head-up display supports shift reminder, it will remind the driver to gear up or down to save fuel when the engine speed and vehicle speed come to a certain ratio.
- This head up display supports automatic and manual brightness adjustment mode which also use nano-technology to eliminate unwanted reflections and can make display information sharper. Auto power on and off with vehicle started and shutdown, effective protection of the car battery; while retaining the manual switch mode, and more beneficial to control HUD.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Convenience and Safe for your Driving Tour
This product is for drivers' safety, at high speeds, especially in high-speed driving at night, in order to avoid the driver to look down their head to watch the instrument, and decrease car accident.
Our HUD can display many useful information, and allows you to experience the speed and also to ensure your driving safety and driving pleasure.
Our HUD uses the latest stable performance of integrated circuits design, the indexes are in line with the standards, unique and elegant shape, smooth lines, thin body natural beauty, for your car to add a beauty.
Before you use our HUD, please read the instructions in detail, in order to make full use of all the features of the HUD.
Display rich contents: speed, engine speed, water temperature, battery voltage, instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, mileage measurement, shift reminding, fatigue driving reminding, low voltage alarm, high temperature alarm, speed alarm, engine fault alarm, fault code elimination, free switching between kilometre and mile.
Screen size: 5.5 inch
Package weight: 250 g
Product size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 7.50 x 1.30 cm / 5.12 x 2.95 x 0.51 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 16.80 x 13.00 x 4.30 cm / 6.61 x 5.12 x 1.69 inches
Package includes: A8 Head Up Display x 1, Reflective Film x 1, OBD Cable x 1, Antiskid Pad x 1, English User Manual x 1.
OBD II or EUOBD Compatible
1.Ensure your vehicle is OBDII compatible or EUOBD.
a.Check around the area under the steering wheel for an OBD plug
b.Contact your vehicle manufacturer or search online
c.Open the bonnet and look for a OBDII compatible sticker (this is NOT on all OBDII compatible cars, therefore isn't a deciding factor)
d.Be aware of your car the year of manufacture,which earlier than 2003 year may not available for this HUD.
2.If you find out that HUD displays only voltage for 30 seconds and then turn off automatically, this is because the interface isn’t OBD II or EOBD.
3.For old cars, you should set your start voltage at 12.8V, for your battery is too old to provide 13.2V voltage.
4.Driving speed this HUD displays is 5 km faster than actual speed by factory default. You can adjust it to your personal preference.
Find the Position
Normal OBD II placement area in different cars:
Area A: GM, Volkswagen, BMW, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, Citroen and most of other car models
Area B: Volkswagen Touran, imported Lexus and other models
Area C: Citroen and rare models
Area D: Citroen and other rare models
*Most of OBD interface are in black/white/purple/blue colour.
This head-up display supports automatic and manual brightness adjustment mode which also eliminate unwanted reflections and can make display information sharper.
Whatever the weather is hot or cold, this HUD can work perfect on any conditions. Work on Environment Temperature: - 40 ~ 80 centigrade degree.
Distraction is danger. HUD is design for drivers' safety, especially in high-speed driving at night, in order to avoid the driver to look down to watch the instrument and decrease car accident.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read all reviews and here is my response:
1. This thing is not an app, it does not work with your phone. It simply reads the info from your vehicle computer and translates it into graphics.
2. The speed sometimes is not accurate because it takes time (1-2 seconds) to transmit the info from the computer to the unit. Also, it says on the manual that you have to adjust the errors from the menu, so if it displays +3 mph on the unit, then you have to -3 so it displays the exact number.
3. For the people that buy this and doesnt work, before you buy, pop open your hood, and if you dont see something that says obdII, it will NOT work. Don't go by the vehicle list the seller provides it is inaccurate.
4. The reflexion SUCKS in direct sunlight, it is invisible, direct sunlight meaning the sun beaming on the unit, it looks good in the daytime otherwise.
5. If you are seeing double, that means your glass was tinted by the factory, you need the included reflector plastic, use a squeegy and water it looks great.
6. The unit itself is flimsy and made poorly, what a shame, i do see when people say it stops working after a while, mine stopped working within the first day, and is now malfunctioning, I am returning to amazon for a new one. I realy hope the new one works fine.
The unit looks great when it works and if you aim it correctly to the reflector, it is a great concept, and the numbers are pretty accurate. This thing is mass produced from china, the quality isn't great but use it for a few months and just be ready to buy a new one, nevertheless the price isn't bad.
It doesn't have cardinal directions as the ACECAR does; it shows fuel economy, but in terms of L/100km, which is not especially useful in the US. The only potentially useful aspect is that it shows you real-time economy, so you might get some sense of your general economy. It also has a trip computer, which is helpful, but again, in km only, so, it's not going to be useful with respect to your nav unit, maps on your phone, directions, etc.
Engine temperature, in degrees Celsius, is also a useful reading, and may be consistent with your instrument cluster if you're in a European car.
Given that it is bigger, easier to read, updates its readings more quickly, and that all of the data displayed is helpful (although the color scheme is a complete mess and it's only in metric / European units), the reasonable price, and ESPECIALLY given the lack of better competitive offerings, this is a solid 4-5 stars as of June 2020. I'm opting to add this to all of my cars that don't have a HUD. It's simple, easy and useful.