Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on October 2, 2015
I ordered this book figuring it would be a great resource for Argentine cooking. I'm from Argentina so I was really looking forward to doing some of my childhood dishes like my mom used to make them.
Lo and behold, when I get the book, there isn't a single picture of any of the dishes described! There's photos of some tourist attractions in Argentina (huh???), but not of the meals in the recipes!
Sorry that doesn't work for me.I immediately returned it.
on May 15, 2013
Like the author, my friend is from Cali and is married to an Argentinian. This was the perfect gift. The book had a lot of pictures and a lot of history about Argentina. The recipient said that she and her new groom spent hours discussing the places and stories in the book. Beyond all that, there are lots of delicious recipes in here. I can't give it five stars because I don't own it but I'm thinking about buying it for myself. It's really tempting. I enjoyed just skimming through the book before giving it away.
on March 25, 2013
I expected to find the traditional recipes that my grandmother and mother used to cook. Most of the recipes are new for me and use a lot of new ingredients. I think that it's alright to find the changes generations go through. I tried some and Il'l try more of the recipes.
on October 6, 2008
We belong to a Gourmet Club for 20 some years. We revisited Argentina this past weekend and it was a success! We had 6 courses and all were very good, well explained. The only thing missing in the book was pictures. It helps to see how to serve the dish.
The Lomo Mar del Plata, the Empanadas and Torta de naranja are specially good. (The names are in Spanish but the recipies are in English). I plan to use it often.
on November 16, 2014
great book, terrific recipes. love it
on May 12, 2013
I loved this book as I lived in Argentina and had to learn to cook there! 50 years too late!
on March 24, 2014
I didn't enjoy much of this recipe book. It was just not my cup of tea. Sorry, but, a bit boring.