Order it now. Sold by Better than Outlet and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Argo Corn Starch 16 oz. (3-Pack)
- A nearly flavorless thickener, Argo corn starch allows the natural taste of food to shine through.
- Argo corn starch is the perfect thickening agent for gravies, sauces, and glazes.
- It can also be used to thicken desserts like pies, custards, and puddings.
- Because it's gluten-free, Argo corn starch is a health-conscious alternative to glutinous starches used in baking and cooking.
- Argo corn starch comes in a convenient,
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Pack of 3
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Corn starch has many uses including a thickening agent in cooking, added to cake recipes it makes a lighter more tender cake, is an ingredient for homemade baking powder, is great at removing oil stains from clothing or leather, can be used as a gentle abrasive to clean pots and pans, mixed with water to form a paste it will clean silver or relieve hives and rashes, can be used just like baby powder, added to bath water protects the skin, can even be used as a dry shampoo for you or your pet, and can be used to make a homemade clay for crafts and jewelry.
What an amazing product! I should have bought the package of 4 then I would have one for Cooking, One for Cleaning, One for First aid, and One for Playing!
Hints for Cooking:
1. Remember when cooking with corn starch, bring to a full boil and then boil 1 minute but only 1 minute while stirring gently. This will ensure that the starch granules have swollen to their full capacity. Don't boil any longer or the starch cells might rupture and cause the mixture to thin as it cools.
2. To substitute Corn Starch for arrowroot, potato starch or tapioca use the same amount called for in the recipe.
3. To substitute Corn Starch as a thickener instead of Flour, use half as much as called for.(2 Tablespoons of Flour is equal to 1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch.
4. Corn starch blends more easily with cold water than flour.Read more ›
1) I has a pure taste and it does not taste chalky like some brands do.
2) Large size - This is the best size to have and I like the jar style!
3) Mixes well with no lumping.
4) Price for this size is excellent.
* Hints: This mixes well with water, oil and soy sauce for making a stir fry sauce to add to a wok when cooking veggies. Also, I make gravies with this and sauces and prefer it over flour because the gravy or sauce has a cleaner taste (no chalky taste) and also the gravy is clearer.
Highly recommend this Argo Corn Starch!
Remember 1 Tbsp of corn starch equals 2 Tbsp of flour. My mom used corn starch many years ago and we have used it since we have been married for over 46 years. It is a good product and Argo is the brand we get. I like that you can use what you want and reseal the lid and it keeps for a long time. We purchase ours at a local grocery store at a good price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great clean fresh corn starch - used it for my homemade talc free body powder, homemade deodorant and homemade face powder. Great quality as Argo always is. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Princessnana1999