|Item model number||IPM-TAB1|
|Operating System||Windows, Pocket PC|
|Item Weight||0.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||7 x 1 x 1 inches|
Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.06. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Arkon’s folding tablet stand fits tablets with 7 to 12 inch screen size
- Universal stand fits all iPad models, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2
- US Patent 8,186,639
- For use on desk, airplane, kitchen, table
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Great for Student or Teacher Use
These folding tablet stands are affordable enough to have one at every student's desk. It easily folds up to store in a desk or locker at the end of the school day.
Keep Your Recipes at Your Fingertips
Arkon's IPM-TAB1 folding tablet holder is the perfect addition for your kitchen counter for following recipes and tutorials on Pinterest and other apps.
Keep the Kids Entertained While Traveling
The non-slip legs of the IPM-TAB1 travel tablet stand keep the tablet in place. When you've arrived at your destination, simply fold it up and put it back in your carry-on.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Devices||Apple iPad 4/Apple iPad Air/Apple iPad Mini||Apple iPad 1/Apple iPad 3/Apple iPad Air/Apple iPad Mini/Apple iPhone 4/Apple iPhone 5S/Samsung Galaxy S3/Samsung Galaxy S4/Samsung Galaxy S5/Samsung Galaxy Tab 2/Sony Xperia Z Tablet||New iPad 9.7 2017, iPad Pro 10.5 / 9.7, iPad Mini 4 / 3 / 2 / 1, iPad Air 2/1, iPad 4 / 3 / 2 / 1,iPhone X, iPhone 8 / 8 Plus/ 7 / 7 Plus / SE / 6s / 6s Plus / 6 / 6 Plus / 5S, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+||Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy / Tab, Google Nexus, HTC, LG, Nokia Lumia, OnePlus, and more||Apple iPad 4/Apple iPad Air/Apple iPad Mini/Apple iPhone 5S/Samsung Galaxy S3||Apple iPad Air/Apple iPad Mini|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 7 x 1 in||3.54 x 3.94 x 0.79 in||2.8 x 3.3 x 0.5 in||3.4 x 3.9 x 1.4 in||5.51 x 7.08 x 1.18 in||1.29 x 7.5 x 4.33 in|
Arkon’s high-quality folding tablet stand and universal tablet PC holder is compatible with all tablets having 7”-12” screen size, including the Apple iPad Air, iPad 4, 3, and 2, and iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and 8.0, and Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Google Nexus 10, 9 and 7, LG G Pad 10.1, Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9, and Sony Xperia Tablet Z4 and Z. IPM-TAB1 is highly versatile desk or travel stand and can be used to read music or books on a plane, to give lectures and presentations in the classroom, to participate in video conferences in the office, to read recipes in the kitchen, or to watch movies or other programs at home. This package includes Arkon’s patented best-selling IPM-TAB1 tablet stand (US Patent 8,186,639). Take the IPM-TAB1 anywhere--the universal tablet holder’s compact and portable design folds up for easy storage in a purse or travel bag. Non-skid cushioned pads and slotted feet provide stability to the tablet stand and tablet.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Folds down to a size akin to that of an eyeglasses case - an ideal size for carrying and travel.
2. Very light - perfect for carrying and travel.
3. Very sturdy when used (with iPad) on a clean, hard surface. The grips on the feet of this stand keep it stationary, and the stand does not move when I poke my iPad. I also own a leatherette iPad case/stand (it holds an iPad horizontally at adjustable angles), and it tends to move a lot when I use it as a stand on a hard surface and poke my iPad. The Arkon stand doesn't move at all.
4. Elegant design suitable for casual and professional use/occasions.
5. Practical design: The screws and nuts that hold the moving parts together are user-accessible (i.e., a user could tighten if necessary), and adjustments in angle are made via a kind of ratchet system (albeit plastic). I'd expected an adjustment system dependent on friction, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the Arkon stand uses what I'm describing as a ratchet-type system, because I would expect a system that depends on friction to loosen over time much faster than I think the ratchet-type system the Arkon stand actually uses will.
1. As other reviewers have noted, when using the stand with an iPad, if you want to position the iPad vertically with the iPad's home button on the bottom, you will not be able to have the charger cord that comes with the iPad plugged in. This is hardly a deal-breaker, as you can always have the home button/charger port at the top if you must have the iPad charger cord plugged in (for use with the A/C adapter or with USB), and if you use the stand to hold an iPad horizontally, having the charger cord plugged in will be no problem. However, if you use the stand to hold an iPad vertically with the home button on top so you can use the charging port, you will not be able to use the audio out jack, because that will be on the bottom.
There are rubbery pads on the feet of the stand, and on the parts of the stand that touch the face of the iPad or whatever unit you use the stand to hold. I assume they are held in place with glue and may eventually come loose, but I expect that should that happen, it will easy to re-glue them.
The price of this unit has been fluctuating since I discovered it in Amazon's listings (visit camelcamelcamel and enter a product name or ASIN, etc., to see a chart of the item's price history at Amazon and by third-party sellers), but even at full list price it is a fair deal considering how overpriced so many (I'd say most) accessories for the iPad (and similar products) tend to be.
If you need an iPad stand - for use at home (dining table, nightstand, coffee table, etc.), at a cafe, on a desktop at work or in a school, etc. - you can pay more than you'll pay for the Arkon, but I doubt you'll find a better combination of form and function.
1) All of the other users are right, there is some awkwardness if you want to keep your Kindle in portrait mode (with plug at bottom) and charge it at the same time. The stand is small and and so does not hold your device very far from the table surface. If you plug the charging cable in at the bottom while it's in portrait mode, you may have to bend the cable it so that it fits, OR set the device at a very severe angle backwards (which makes it almost unusable). The best idea is to keep your device in landscape mode while charging OR turn it upside down in portrait mode aka with plug at TOP (from reading some other users' reviews... I don't think they know that you can flip the Kindle every which way and most apps will adjust and turn to fit). Even with these alternatives, this is still a little annoying for me, as my WordFeud game app (aka Scrabble) ONLY works in portrait mode, and ONLY the portrait mode where the charging plug is on the bottom (doesn't flip around to fit like other apps, sadly).
2) It seems to be made of lightweight and simple plastic. Opening it and closing it daily wears the plastic away very slowly. I'm very curious as to how long it will last me.
1) I searched all around and wasn't able to find a product like this... it doesn't seem to have a competitor, so that made it an easy choice!! All of the other stands I found at the time were large, and I wanted something foldable and portable to bring with me everywhere, since I take my Kindle Fire everywhere.
2) It's SOO customizable!! Landscape or portrait mode, and every possible angle. Very easy to set up and adjust. Seems like it could hold anything with ease.
3) There is soft rubbery cushioning everywhere it's needed on this stand: on the bottom to prevent sliding, on the arm where the back of your device rests, and in the "slits" on the bottom 2 legs where the device rests. Absolutely zero worries about this stand scratching up my Kindle Fire.
P.S. I have a silicone cover on my Kindle Fire and no issues whatsoever, still fits just fine. This stand is a CHAMP, especially at this price! I would recommend this to anyone that owns or uses a tablet.
UPDATE 08/17/2012: The stand is STILL going strong, even with my daily use! No indication of wear at all... this thing is great. I recently travelled to Egypt, and had preloaded my Kindle Fire with all kinds of movies to watch. This stand was wonderful on the long plane ride - it packed down very small in my purse, set up in 2 seconds, and it sat perfectly on the plane's fold-down tray and never budged thanks to the rubbery cushioning on the bottom. It's nice to have for travelling.