Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Arkon Car Phone Holder Mount for iPhone X 8 7 6S Plus 8 7 6S Galaxy Note Retail Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.92 (15%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 3 in 1 windshield, dash, air vent phone holder solution
- Mega Grip phone holder fits smartphones 2.25 inches to 3.25 inches wide
- Apple iPhone X 8 7 6S Plus iPhone 8 7 6S compatible
- Samsung Galaxy S8 S7 Note 8 5 compatible
- Limited lifetime warranty
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Arkon’s SM410 is a versatile 3-in-1 car phone mount bundle that includes multiple options for holding smartphones on the windshield, dash, or air vent, along with a high-quality universal phone holder. The Mega Grip car phone holder is best suited for large smartphones having up to 3.25” width with no height restrictions, such as Apple iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Note 5, and Note 4, Galaxy S8, S7, and S6, HTC One M9, One M8, and One Max, Nokia Lumia 1520 and 1020, LG G6, G5, and G4, and Nexus 6. Its unique side-grip technology provides a strong hold that’s easy to use. Just set your phone in the holder and close the arms to lock the smartphone in place. A push of the holder’s one-touch button releases the phone. The universal design of the holder accommodates even large or ruggedized cases. The holder can be attached to either the included windshield/dash mount or air vent mount. Arkon’s Travelmount deluxe windshield suction car mount performs particularly well in hot climates. The arm of the suction mount adjusts vertically and provides 360° rotation, giving you the ultimate flexibility in viewing the smartphone from any angle. To use the car mount on the dash, use the included 3M adhesive dash mounting disk. The adhesive disk replicates the smooth surface of a glass windshield by providing a flat mounting surface for the suction mount. The air vent mount included is one of Arkon’s most popular and best-selling smartphone car mount options. The patented air vent mount attaches to your car’s horizontal air vent louvers with easy-to-use, and recently upgraded air vent clips. Unfortunately, this solution will not work with circular air vent louvers. First introduced in 2004, and now backed by Arkon’s lifetime limited warranty, the SM410 is Arkon’s all-time best-selling car phone holder with more than 100,000 units sold worldwide.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I prefer the vent mount as the Droid X has an issue with heat. This keeps the phone out of the window and allows the AC to blow across it when on.
- The windshield clamp is secure and doesn't fall off, and the cradle also holds the phone safely.
- Inserting and removing the phone is very easy, which is important since you'll be doing that quite often!
- The mount is very flexible, and can be set in a wide range of positions (it can also hold the phone either vertically or horizontally).
- It's very simple to install, though be aware that there's only one windshield adhesive so you can't use the windshield mount in more than one car.
- The vent mount works flawlessly in the CR-V, and seems most suited to vents with thin plastic bars that are fixed.
- Conversely, the vent mount doesn't work in every vehicle. It won't fit on any vent in the Yaris at all.
- The windshield clamp can be tricky to attach (you have to make sure you create enough of a vacuum).
Overall, so far so good - I can finally use my phone as a navigation unit while it's charging in the car. Note that there are no power cables or FM transmitters included.
The one problem I've had so far is that the ball joint isn't holding up very well. Purchased this on 5/27 and less than a week later it started to tip forwards and to the side when holding my iPhone 6S (with lightweight case) - very awkward to constantly have to readjust to reduce glare while driving. Once or twice it's even completely flopped forward so the screen is facing the dash. I managed to awkwardly balance it with the power cord propped against the dash, but that's not a very secure solution.
First, let's address earlier comments. I saw previous reviews complaining that the air vent clip wasn't great, particularly for a Toyota Yaris. I took a chance based on the company's response to the top reviewer, and whatever corrections they made worked. I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris (not sure what year the earlier reviewer drives, so this may not apply to all Yarises) and it fits the vent ok. It takes some maneuvering, but that's because the vent can be controlled in two directions. If you arrange the inner (left/right) vent slats so that they face directly out (at a 90 degree angle to the up/down slats) the clips will then fit in the space between the slats. If you have trouble at first, don't forget that the clips slide along the mount, so you can space them to fit your vent slats (a HUGE advantage over other dash mounts where the clips are fixed, and if they don't fit you can't change the configuration). The only down side is that because the Yaris has big fat vent slats, the clips don't stay in place as well when the phone is turned sideways (i.e., while it's charging and/or connected to an auxiliary cable). From what I can see, this isn't a flaw of the product, it's just a matter of the Yaris' unusually thick vent slats. IF the company wanted to fix this problem on future models, it would be easily solved by making the farthest back teeth a bit longer, and perhaps angling them forward a bit so they hook onto the slat more securely - the problem is that, because the slat is so fat, the teeth on one arm (the arm closer to the charging input) slip off when the phone's weight isn't evenly balanced between them (and then the whole thing falls off). I can think of two easy solutions for those who buy it as-is: either you can keep the phone in the upright position when you have it plugged in, or (I will be trying this later today) you can adjust the vent clips so that the clip arm (on the charging side) is farther from the center of the mount than the other arm. Regardless, it's not a big deal.
Which leads me to the next awesome thing about this mount: the bottom padded rests are adjustable. I probably tried 3 or 4 other mounts over the years and I always had the same problem - the bottom piece blocked the charging port, or the headphone jack, or both. This one appeared to at first, but (SURPRISE!) you can adjust them. The headphone jack is just to the side of the charging input, so I had to slide both feet all the way to the other side. This means the phone sits a TEENSY bit askew inside the mount, but it's barely noticeable and it doesn't shake or wiggle (plus you can adjust the pivot so it still faces upright. I consider this a bonus, not a product flaw - it's incredibly flexible.
1. EVERYTHING is adjustable, so your phone model is basically irrelevant to whether this will function properly
2. EVERYTHING is padded, including the "footrest" thing for the vent clip. There is no rattling or vibrating, and cables stay in place. The Toyota Yaris is not exactly known for being a smooth ride, but it didn't budge and it didn't make a sound.
3. The suction part actually stuck to my dashboard, so I didn't have to use the adhesive plate thing it comes with. If your dash isn't smooth this might not be the case, but the adhesive is good quality (3M) and I have no doubt it would stay in place permanently. I'm going to mount that one in my husband's car so I can use it when we switch (he'll have to get his own mount if he likes it).
4. The pivot head is pretty secure, so at least for now it stays in whatever position I put it in. If that changes at any point as the plastic wears (or changes over a NY winter) I'll update this.
5. It's incredibly sturdy
1. It's a little heavy. That's great for stability, but IF the phone is unbalanced that means the vent clip is more likely to slip off. Also, when it did fall off the weight meant it plunked down pretty hard. However this isn't a huge problem since I figured out how to keep the vent clip from slipping off, so I don't anticipate this happening again.
2. The Yaris' vent unit is angled "up" a little (toward the roof). That means that even when it's pivoted down all the way it can't face down very far. This isn't a problem in my car because it still pivots down far enough to avoid glare, but if your vents are angled farther upward than a Yaris you might get glare. This could be solved easily by shipping the product with extra clip arms of a couple different lengths (another 1/2" would have corrected this completely). Again, this probably isn't an issue for most cars.
3. The button that opens the side locks pops out REALLY fast and hard. It makes me suspect that someday it will snap, because you can feel the force of the spring when the side pieces pop out. I may be wrong (and no one has actually reported this happening) so I wouldn't say this is a flaw, just something I noticed and didn't really love.
4. Unless I misunderstood the company's earlier post, this product doesn't come with the warranty they stated it does. The warranty notice that comes with the product actually says it's only good for 2 years. Now, they may have meant that they offer a limited lifetime warranty SEPARATELY for the vent clip arms, in which case disregard this. However, be aware that the notice that came with the product is limited to 2 years. $16/2yrs still seems pretty reasonable to me, so decide for yourself if you agree.
Overall, this is a fantastic product. Easy to use, easy to assemble, GREAT price. There was a little card inside the package notifying consumers that they recently updated the materials for the vent mount, and politely requesting a positive review on Amazon if you found it satisfactory. I DO. I wish there were more companies like this one, and I will happily purchase more products from them as needed in the future.