|Item model number||SM517|
|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 6.1 x 3.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||11 x 6.1 x 3.5 inches|
Arkon Windshield Dashboard Car Mount for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0,Kindle Fire HD/HDX 7, Google Nexus 7 and Midsize Tablets
|Price:||$17.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Spring loaded holder enables one handed insertion and removal
- Fits smartphones and tablets up to 5.2 inches tall, even with protective cases
- Large sized 80mm diameter suction performs well in hot climates
- 2 year limited warranty provided by Arkon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
One small thing to note: At first it will look like a 7-inch tablet doesn't quite fit. The instructions were a little vague, but with a little imagination I figured out that the bottom two prongs are attached to a spring-loaded, sliding portion of the main piece. The instructions make it look like you need to bend it back - don't do it. Just hold on to it firmly, and press straight down on the bottom two prongs and you should be good to go.
Overall, if you're looking for decent GPS mount to fit a variety of small mobile devices, this is definitely a good pick. Highly recommended.
I am attaching a collage of three photos under customers photos which I will be referencing in this review.
Here are the features I look for in a good windshield mount and how Arkon mount measures up
1) Good suction, quick and easy to mount, stays on, does not jiggle. Arkon mount is better than most. We have been using it for a number of weeks. It has not fallen down even in rough terrain. This is a low vibration mount - it generates almost no jiggle of the unit.
2) Good positioning of grippers that hold the device. This is especially important when using a phone or tablet (rather than a dedicated GPS device) as those units have volume and on/off buttons on the sides. Arkon mount does very well in this department. We did not have to do any fussing, it just worked.
3) Flexibility in holding multiple devices. Arkon comes with with 4 short and 2 long grippers. The long grippers worked perfectly for 7" Nexus tablet (see photo #1) and the short grippers worked well for Samsung Galaxy Nexus cell phone.
I also own 7.7 Samsung Galaxy tablet, which is slightly wider that the Nexus 7 tablet. My Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet did not fit into the mount (see photo #2). Photo #3 has two tablets side by side, where you can see the difference in width between the two units.
A note on price: During the last year the price on this mount fluctuated between $22 and $11. I found a nice tool that allows me to see price history of Amazon items. If you search on Amazon price history and select the one with the word 'camel' you will see the tool I find very useful in my shopping.Read more ›
The Nook Color fits very tightly in the mount, to the point where it's a little difficult to remove. This is actually a good thing, since if you want to mount it in portrait mode the only thing keeping it in place is the mount's tight grip. I've driven and flown with it and have not felt the least concerned that the mount will let my baby fall.
I've scoured the web for mounts and while, as of this writing, it's the only option for the Nook, it's a very good option. I recommend it.
- Works with iPad mini and iPhone 5 without having to adjust the brackets into different modes.
- Spring loaded brackets.
- Works with iPad mini with Smart Cover.
- Works with iPhone 5 with bumper (and I would guess just about any case).
- Comes with round adhesive plate so you can stick that on an non-perfectly flat surface.
- Adjusts/tilts in all directions.
- Rotates into vertical and landscape and holds device in both top orientations.
- Firmly holds devices.
- Suction cup seems pretty strong, and I haven't had a problem with it yet (still new), but I'd prefer a stronger screw-down-suction like the Satechi CR-3600 smartphone mount.
- Requires two hands to insert or remove device - again using the Satechi CR-3600 smartphone mount as a comparison, it would be nice if the spring loaded clamps had a button that unsprung them so you could insert/remove the device with one hand. This is a very minor issue that I'm really reaching for here so I can increase the number of con items.
Overall, this thing is too inexpensive for the value you get out of it. It sucks that great products like this are sold for less than products that clearly weren't as well thought out. The could easily charge way more for this and it would still be worth it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not bad .. Sticks good to car window or dash !! Hard to kinda figure out at first.. But does the job!!Published 12 days ago by vance
I've been using this for a while now and really like it. It actually doesn't fall off like I feared. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Markt9
totally held up great in my landcruiser in an moderate rated offroad trip for my nexus 7. Didn't budge at all. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.Published 3 months ago by goatcheese
The head keeps popin off the mount when your driving make it hard to use I am going to have to glue it on so it doesn't brake my ipadPublished 3 months ago by Robert Mannschreck
Supports my Tab 4 7" with no vibration and actually holds. Good-by Garmin!! Now I can actually have mapping detail while driving. Best mount I've tried. Sticking with it.Published 4 months ago by Chuck