Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Arlington Road [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

VINE VOICEon August 4, 2016
This movie offers a rather poignant question: what if your next-door-neighbor was a Timothy McVeigh type? What if you knew he was a terrorist who was up to no good, but you didn't have any proof of nefarious or insidious activities? What would you do? How far would you go to stop him? Such are the questions posed by this movie.

Jeff Bridges plays a professor of history @ George Washington university. He has an obsession with terrorist acts as his late wife died in an F.B.I. raid gone bad (similar to the infamous incident at Ruby Ridge). He has friends @ the F.B.I. who were co-workers of his late wife. Tim Robbins plays our friendly neighborhood terrorist.....or is he? Something is just not quite right about his story.....but it's unclear what he is up to.

This is a thoughtful movie.....some of it a wee bit far fetched, but that's OK. If you like suspense / thrillers, then it's certainly worth your while to pay a visit to Arlington Road!
on February 12, 2017
"Arlington Road" with Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins is an only slightly tacky movie. Everything about it basically screams: "The world is being dissolved and destroyed by caucasian terrorists and they are very serious." That's the plot, in essentials: Jeff Bridges is a man who had a wife working in the FBI--killed, incidentally, by a brainwashed white power lady--and he is sort of the opposite of anyone who could work in any militia or institution. He is a kind guy who sees the threat but does not act in time: every compassionate instinct he has is preyed upon by fellow terrorist neighbor Tim Robbins.

Tim Robbins almost gives a good performance but because he is a sort of Upper West Manhattan yuppie liberal he never talks the way these guys actually talk: to do that would be to stain his immaculate image. Jeff Bridges is more believable as a baby boomer who is still idealistic.

Every piece of the dialogue could be applied to the invasion of Iraq, the Twin Towers; it is almost perfect. I think Ann Coulter plagiarized some of what Tim Robbins says. Watching this now is something.
on August 22, 2016
Disturbing but Realistic Premise - A Startling Ending. I just recently discovered this movie after taking an acting class with one of the actors in this movie. Being a Tim Robbins fan, I was surprised at the role that he plays in this movie. Joan Cusack is fantastic and scary in a role that is a departure from what she usually does. After years in the "civilian military complex," I totally bought into the premise of this movie and I realized the ending of this movie about the same time Jeff Bridges does - and it is tragic. There is a very disturbing opening sequence with a young boy walking down an empty neighborhood street that sets the tone - nothing at all is what it appears to be. Released in 1999 and given the nature of what is happening all over the world right now, this movie is still timely in the message. You never really know who is living right next door to you.
I by-passed this movie several times. I thought it was a Civil War movie because of the title. Ultimately I bought it because I'm a Jeff Bridges fan.

It's been several days since I watched this movie, and I can't stop thinking about all the implications of the events that transpired in this movie. I keep stringing together "what about this . . ." and "what ifs . . ." that go way beyond the movie itself and enter into my everyday life -- the terrorism that has crept into all of our lives since 9/11.

I think what is scariest about this movie is the idea that such an educated person could be so easily manipulated and used as a tool for a terrorist group. If a man who lectures about the perils of terrorism to his students in such a thought-provoking way can be sucked into such a horrible scheme, how do we less-educated or less-perceptive individuals avoid such dangers? As a parent, I honestly could see myself reacting exactly the same way to the boy in the street, to my child wanting to be included and have more friends, and ultimately to doing anything to protect my child who is in danger.

I used to wonder how any rational human being could be sucked into these terrorist groups to the point of turning against their own country. After watching this movie, it seems like it would be just a matter of finding a person's trigger point. That scares me.

I will be more vigilant and watchful now, more than ever before, but . . . "will that save me?" God, I truly do hope so!!!
on July 30, 2016
Arlington Road is an incredible thriller that never got its dues. Its very real, intense, dark and thrilling. Once again Jeff Bridges is fantastic along with Tim Robbins in a very creepy and stellar villainous performance. Its completely unpredictable and the ending is jaw dropping. An outstandingly well made thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat and shock you. Don't miss it!
on February 21, 2015
Wow! I'm left speechless after viewing this unbelievable masterpiece. It doesn't get any better than "Arlington Road". The level of drama and suspense delivered by this movie are unmatched by ANY movie I've seen in my life. Do yourself a huge favor and rent or buy this movie today. You will truly escape from whatever is going on in your real life and be drawn into this movie for a couple of hours and can't help but be riveted to what you're watching and hearing from your favorite viewing device. I'll just end this review like I stared - Wow!
on March 2, 2014
Spoiler alert. I do not give away the story but I say things that can sway your feelings about seeing it so continue with caution.

I loved this movie but it is very hard to watch as I have tried to finish it at least 3 different times. If I tell you why it will spoil the movie so I won't. Jeff Bridges plays a college professor who teaches a conspiracy theory type class and Tim Robbins is the very dark conspiracy agitator who just moves in next door. Both put on a great performance but the movies dark story and ending makes it hard for me to give it 5 stars. A five star movie should not be hard to finish.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2012
If you're one of those skeptics that thinks 911 was caused by 12 crazy Saudis, then you'll absolutely hate this film. But just remember that the pilot episode of the Lone Gunman TV series, a spin-off of the X-Files, had a 747 ready to crash into the World Trade Center six months before it happened. I found Arlington Road to be truly credible; frighteningly so. But them I'm one of those lunatics who doesn't believe one word of what comes out of the mouths of politicians or the CIA. I found the DVD, never having heard of it before, at a yard sale for a dollar. I've watched it several times and just ordered the blu-ray version.
on June 4, 2003
I started watching this movie around 11 PM...two hours later, I finally started breathing. The movie was exhilarating. It was probably the most intense movie I've ever seen. The suspense was incredible, the camera work was great (with several Hitchcock-esque shots added in the mix), the plot was nicely twisted. It was a great movie! If you're looking for an adrenaline rush, go check this movie out. It had my heart pumping at twice my optimal heart rate from the first minute of the movie. I can't really give any of the details of the movie away, because it would really ruin a lot of it. Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins were the perfect choice for both characters. I really wish I could say more about the movie, but this is the type of movie that would be ruined by knowing too much. Don't even read the cover of the movie
A few words of caution: this movie is not for the faint of heart. However, if you think you are partially faint hearted, just don't watch the first 5 minutes...which (at least for me), was the most disturbing part of the movie. There are several scenes of violence, and there is blood, but the violence isn't what makes this movie so is the suspense. The camera angles and the film score make the movie almost unbearable when it comes to suspense. I could have shared my seat with several other people because I *only* used the edge of it! There are many, many "jump scenes" (scenes that make you jump out of your seat), despite what says. The language isn't great, but it isn't horrible either. There are a few incidents of foul language, but it is fairly isolated.
I give this movie a thumb's up, but I can definitely think of better times/locations to watch it (I had to drive home at 1:15 AM after watching it...). I would prefer to watch this movie in broad daylight in my own house with a large blunt object in my hand.
on March 5, 2006
One of the most recent unheralded heart-throbbing thrillers of recent years,"Arlington Road" is one of the best blendings of fact to fiction,an early warning shot across America's bow, warning of a prophetic, closer attack(9/11).Jeff Bridges, as a paranoid professor of American history pays a price for his curiosity.Avoiding government censorship by fictionalizing the Oklahoma bombing and doing the same with the Ruby Ridge incident, it nonethless depicts the FBI for what it has become today. Bridges, as Prof. Faraday, turns to his neighbors when his former FBI cronies cannot.Into this potboiler all elements swirl toward a climactic finish with a disturbing, informed force. Jeff Bridges (Prof.Faraday) warns us against pursuing a violent path as a country, yet personally was forced into the crusade."Arlington Road" fell on deaf ears then, yet resonates at every viewing since.