Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Arlo by NETGEAR Security Camera - Add-on Wire-Free..." and save 43% off the $159.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Arlo by NETGEAR Security Camera – Add-on Wire-Free HD Camera [Base Station not included] | Indoor/Outdoor | Night Vision (VMC3030)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/Fire TV - View your live video with a simple voice command
- Add on Camera only - Base Station Required
- Patented 100% Wire-Free design for easy placement anywhere
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real-time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted
- Indoor/ outdoor weatherproof cameras
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart home security
- Easy set up – takes just minutes.
- Computer not required.
- Expandable – add cameras as needed.
- 100% wireless and completely Wire-Free.
Arlo Smart Home Indoor/Outdoor HD Security Add-on Camera
No cords. No wires. No worries.
The Arlo camera is a 100 Percent Wire-Free, completely wireless, HD smart home security camera – so you can get exactly the shot you need – inside or out. The Arlo camera is weatherproof and includes motion detection, night vision, and apps. It can capture clips and send you alerts whether you’re at home or away for round-the-clock peace of mind.
- See in stunning detail with HD cameras.
- Patented 100% Wire-Free design for easy placement anywhere.
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark.
- Motion activated cameras and real-time email or app notifications.
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted.
- Indoor/ outdoor weatherproof cameras.
- App to securely view live video while home or away.
Watch anywhere with iOS & Android apps:
- Up to 1GB secure cloud storage included.
- View 4 video streams at the same time.
- Create and schedule smart home rules.
Motion detection made easy
Arlo is a smartly designed IP camera that can record and send notifications only when it detects.
Optimal camera placement is 7 feet above the floor, aimed slightly down.
The best area for motion detection is five feet to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from camera position.
|[Optional] Tenergy Battery Charger and 4 RCR123 Batteries For Arlo Security Cameras||[Optional] 4 Tenergy RCR123 Battery For Arlo Security Cameras||[Optional] Tenergy RCR123 Battery Charger|
|Battery Charger included||✓||-||✓|
|Number of RCR123 batteries included||4||4||0|
What's in the box?
- (1) 100% Wire-free day/night camera
- (1) Magnetic camera mount
- (1) Mounting screw
- (4) Batteries.
- (1) Quick start card.
Service is included
Your Arlo system comes with a free basic plan
- Live remote video streaming.
- 7 days of secure cloud DVR storage.
- Email motion alerts & push notifications.
- Support for up to 5 cameras.
- One base station/one location.
- You can upgrade for more storage & service levels.
|Item Dimensions||4.53 x 2.96 x 4.53 inches|
|Item Weight||0.25 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Style Name||Camera Kit|
|Video Capture Resolution||720p|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Electronics Club||All For Less TX||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.96 x 4.53 x 4.53 in||11.62 x 9.26 x 4.77 in||11.7 x 9.42 x 5.08 in||1.9 x 3.1 x 2.8 in||9.69 x 9.92 x 4.96 in||2.8 x 2.8 x 3.5 in|
|Item Weight||4 ounces||4 ounces||2.93 lbs||1.07 lbs||3.6 lbs||0.69 lb|
Arlo Smart Home Security Cameras are the world’s ONLY 100% wire-free, HD, Indoor/Outdoor video cameras for home monitoring. Motion activated cameras initiate automatic recording and alert you via email or app notifications. Free apps enable remote monitoring from anywhere and with the built-in night vision you’ll even see in dark.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) the 2nd day my app said my base station was offline, it however had green light to cameras and internet. While i had the app open i power cycled the base unit and low and behold it all came back to life. Having a cloud only unit that does not properly reconnect to the cloud on problems is unacceptable. I have my entire network battery backed up including the Arlo base unit, power wasn't an issue. Needless to say this does not instill confidence in me as a reliable product when I need it.
2) The software while looking pretty is almost functionally useless. Only 10 seconds to 120 seconds recording option? Really why not record X seconds after motion stops. If you leave it at 10 seconds (factory setting) it's just garbage since the clips are not consecutive. IE lag, 10 seconds record (of UPS truck driving in), another maybe 10 second gap (where important stuff happens like UPS guy throws package down that you missed), 10 seconds recording (of UPS driving away). So as a user your forced to select 120 always making the other settings useless. Related note on Android you can't even scrub the video playback, you see a play button that you can toggle between playing and pausing but you can never go back in time. The only way to do it is to force refresh the chrome page. If you're going to use built in web pages to play the video make sure the actual player web pages work. I have a Google Nexus 5 so it's not like this is a custom setup.
3) Last and by far the most critical. Motion detected to camera recording lag. Wow this is bad, and I mean REAL bad. This product should have never gotten made if this is indeed a physical design problem. I have the camera over looking a large area, so lets say a person walking is like 20 feet away, they are able to walk anywhere from 1/2 the frame to 3/4 of the frame before it kicks into video mode. So basically you're forced to put the cameras so far back to give adequate boot up time for camera recording that the video quality is useless. People have reported online anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds of lag, mine was definitely over 5. The solution posted on your forums is to use 2 cameras to over lap an area and daisy chain the detection of one to start the next one. At $150 a camera that is NOT acceptable. You've gone and said, look that base station, really is a 2, maybe 3 camera max, at 300 a camera. WOW, and hopefully you have enough space to not care about the initial 5 to 20 seconds of video.
Sorry to sound harsh but I'm just amazed that this product is on the shelf at major stores and costs this much for these major holes. As soon as another company makes a weatherproof battery powered wireless camera you're going to have some serious problems.
The placement of the camera and the angle that an object enters the cameras field of view can have a big effect on how quickly motion is detected and the camera begins recording. (The cameras motion detection is thermal based, so there needs to be motion across the sensor for the thermal detection to trigger, which is why an object coming directly at the sensor takes longer to be detected.) We have a good article explaining the best camera placement for optimal motion detection, which you can review at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-camera/ta-p/37.
A week after installing the cameras, we went away on a 5 day trip, so I armed the system with a few taps. We were promptly informed of any motion (pest guy, pool guy, lawn guys, and a bird) and everything was recorded as expected. I also took a few live peeks into the house, just because I could.
After two weeks of use, with plenty of live looks and motion activated recordings, all 4 cameras are still showing full battery meters. I am very pleased with the ease of installation, ease of setup, and the overall usability. I was concerned that the battery life would be an issue, but so far it has not been a concern.