Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 1,010 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,193 reviews
on October 27, 2016
I've had 5 boxes of this litter delivered from Amazon and the performance is terrible. This isn't the same litter that I is stocked at big box stores. I purchased the exact same type at Fred Meyers and Walmart and that litter performs great! I don't understand why there is any difference purchasing the "exact same" product from Amazon, but there is, and it's disappointing.

The litter I've received from Amazon is considerably larger sized sand granuls, it is darker in color (wet in appearance), and lacks a quality clump and odor elimination. I thought maybe it was a bad batch and I would work through it. After 5 orders I've given up on amazon.

The exact same product I purchase at my local stores is NOTICEABLY better litter. It's lighter in color, drier, clumps much better, and vastly improved odor elimination. Yes, I know it sounds crazy or odd, but there is a difference and that is my experience with this litter from Amazon. SEE THE PICTURE ATTACHED. The litter on the left, with the large UPC code on the top of the box is from amazon.

I usually don't write a review unless I have a great experience or an experience that differs from the average user. Unfortunately, this amazon purchase was highly disappointed and perplexing as to the difference. I would NOT order or recommend anyone order this litter from amazon.
156 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on May 26, 2016
Do not buy this litter. I live in a household with five cats. Amazon was out of stock with my usual litter and I thought I'd try this to save a few bucks. However, a few days after I started using it, three of my cats started sneezing, and one ended up with an upper respiratory infection. A fourth cat ended up with a urinary tract infection. Now I'm not saying that these incidents are related to the litter, but my animals became healthy again when I dumped this litter out and went back to our previous litter, Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Premium Litter, although two also needed multiple veterinary visits.

So be warned that this litter could cause problems for your furry friends. I know many mentioned the smell, which did not bother me, but I guess it did bother my cats' sensitive noses and systems.
38 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 25, 2016
I've used Precious Cat clumping litter for quite sometime and have been very pleased. But my daughter and her husband use Arm and Hammer double duty. They were very happy with it and told me it was the best so I decided to switch. I'm definitely going back to Precious cat. Double duty has a fragrance added that I can smell all the time. Particularly when the litter is damp. I could never tell that there was litter anywhere in the house (by smell that is,my cat still tracks it everywhere) with my Precious Cat. Now I can smell the the litter often. Some people may like the fragrance, it's not unpleasant. It's just a reminder that there is the litter box present. I prefer not to have that reminder.
14 people found this helpful
on April 28, 2016
Well, this did get here fast. Which is great because I needed it. I typically use another brand of litter, and I don't buy anything less than 40 pounds bags. I decided on this brand, for the first time, due to it being cheaper than what I usually use. I'm not real impressed unfortunately. I only have ONE con, but it's a big one.

PROS
*easily clumps, and clumps well.

*cost efficient. You get a lot of litter on a budget

*I haven't had any tracking issues.

*not too dusty.

...........................................

CONS

*For it being arm and hammer, I expected it to hide or kill odors. It doesn't. Even after I scoop the box, there is still a smell of the litters "fresh" scent (which I don't like, it doesn't smell fresh to me) and urine. And the odor travels through the room as if they didn't even use the litter box at all but instead used the floor or something. So my living room smells like pee and air freshener....

So does the one con outweigh the pros to me? Yes. The odor issue is a deal breaker. With my usual litter, there was never a scent. Not the slightest odor. I just can't believe how much this stinks. It is almost as if it's producing an odor all on its own. I'll use the rest of it I guess, I'll just have to scoop every single time they use the box and even then I don't think it will help. If it weren't for the one big con, I'd continue using this. It has some great pros to it. I gave it three stars solely due to the pros.
6 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 25, 2017
We actually didn't have any problems with this litter. it is not our usual brand, Tidy Cats, which I typically get at the store, but was having a stinky week, got in a bind, and ordered this from Amazon. I try really hard to stick with our usual litter because one of our cats is a diabolical genius at finding new and repellent ways of making his people suffer if they mess with his world in ways he finds unsatisfactory, even if those changes are for his own good. So my week has to be pretty upended before I'm willing to take a chance and risk it.

He actually didn't even blink about this one, neither of our cats did. So this was a one time purchase for us, I didn't notice any real problems with it, so it would not bother me to use it again, but because I like to do what I can to keep from incurring the wrath of Catzilla, we purchased the normal kitty litter as soon as an opportunity presented itself.
4 people found this helpful
on January 13, 2017
I always purchase this litter as the picture is shown. It has this nice fresh smell to it even though its unscented.. the three litter I just purchased has a different box. I'm like okay package probably an upgrade, that's fine. The problem is the litter did not have that freshness the previous products had even though it's suppose to be the same product. :(
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 31, 2016
Ew.. I made the mistake of switching to this when the cost of Precious cat litter went up. Big mistake. I finished the box but the smell this created stunk up the whole room. Will pay extra for precious.
10 people found this helpful
on September 2, 2016
This was terrible. I have never used a worse litter in my life. Does not absorb, barely clumps, and the entire house smelled like cat pee. It was awful. The only reason I didn't return it was because I had to go out of town and could not make the time. I had to use something in the box while I was gone. My room mate complained to me that the house smelled like cat urine as soon as she walked in the door (I have ONE cat), and the litter box is in the back of the house. Will never buy again.
5 people found this helpful
on January 24, 2017
I rarely write reviews, if ever.

Had to comment for the sake of those who really dislike litter box duty.

My back story is I found a kitten on the side of the road 19 years ago, and I have tried all types of litter over the course of years.

Without a doubt, this stuff is amazing!! It clumps well, heavier litter so much less tracking outside of the litter box, and great at capturing odor.

This has been the best of the best in my 19 years, since being adopted by my cat.
6 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2017
Sorry, had to change back to one star. I was very happy with the lite fragrance that came with the litter. I also appreciated the lack of dust when pouring. I have COPD so dust is a big issue for me. However, I have a major concern with what the litter is made from. I have 5 large cats and 4 large litter boxes. Each time I scooped, I noticed shiny pieces that almost looked liked tiny shards of glass in the litter. I watched my cats paws closely for any evidence of blood or cuts and found none. A big relief. Since I can't find out where A and H are getting the litter or what its made from, I am going to switch back to my old litter to be on the safe side. Has anyone else noticed these shiny shards? If Arm and Hammer would state the source, I might have considered but at this point, I don't want to take the chance.
P.S. My 5 cats seem happier since I switched back to their old brand. Plus I'm not finding litter granules in the water bowls either. I think one of my cats was using the water bowl to wash out the large granules stuck between his toes! Granules are dangerously large!
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.