Armasight Dark Strider Gen 1+ Night Vision Binocular
|Price:||$443.23 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 5x magnification
- Rubberized for extra protection water and fog resistant with build in long-range infrared illuminator
- High resolution Gen. 1+ image intensifier tube
- Easy to operate
- Export of this product outside of the United States of America is not allowed and is controlled by the US Department of State
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
With appearance, size and weight very similar to regular day binoculars, the Armasight Dark Strider Gen 1 night vision binoculars offer superb night vision performance in a familiar form factor. Binocular night vision is better for sustained viewing periods and improved depth perception. Dark Strider is equipped with a pair of high quality Gen 1 image tubes, multi-coated glass lenses and fitted a rubber armoured, aluminium housing.
A built-in adjustable infrared illuminator ensures operation even in total darkness, and using the Dark Strider is easy, thanks to simple control buttons and eyepiece-only focussing optics.
Powerful, tough and practical – the Armasight Dark Strider!
- Easy operation
- Powerful 5x magnification
- Rubberized for higher protection
- Two high resolution collimated Gen. 1+ Image Intensifier Tubes inside
- Multi-coated all-glass optics
- Build-In Long-Range Infrared Illuminator
- Excellent water and fog resistance
- Limited Two-Year Warranty
- IIT Generation Gen 1+
- Resolution 30-40 lp/mm
- Magnification 5x
- Lens System 80mm; F/1.7
- FOV 14°
- Range of Focus 10 to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment -5 to +5 dpt
- Controls Digital
- Infrared Illuminator Yes (built in with flood lens)
- IR Indicator Yes (LED indicator)
- Low Battery Indicator Yes (LED indicator)
- Power Supply 1x CR-123 Lithium 3V
- Battery Life IR On up to 12 hours; IR Off up to 58 hours
- Environmental Rating Weatherproof
- Operating Temperature -30 to +45 °C
- Storage Temperature -50 to +60 °C
- Dimensions 225 x 150 x 60 mm / 8.9 x 5.9 x 2.3 in
- Weight 1.4 kg / 3 lbs
- Warranty 2 Years
- Generation: 1+
- Magnification: 5x
- Objective lens diameter (mm): 50
- Lens system: 80mm; F/1.7
- Field of view (°):14
- Focus range (m): 10 to infinity
- Exit pupil diameter (mm): 5
- Eye relief (mm): 15
- Power Supply: CR-123 Lithium (1) 3V
- Battery life IR On (hour): up to 12
- Battery life IR Off (hour): up to 58
- Body material: Glass-fiber reinforced composite
- Lens material/type: Multicoated heavy glass
- Operating temperature (°C): -30 to +45
- Tripod mount: Yes
- Dimensions (LxWxH, mm/in): 225 x 150 x 60 / 8.9 x 5.9 x 2.3
Top Customer Reviews
But here's where it gets really good. The customer service from this company is insanely great. I called the company with some questions and they actually directed me to Amazon so I could get the best price. To quote their sales executive "we just want our customers to be happy".
I highly recommend this company and the item. It's the least expensive night vision they offer so if price is a determinator I'm sure the rest of their items are even more spectacular.
There is also some fine print in the instruction manual that, if was in the description of the item that you read before you purchased it, you would not purchase it. There are too many environmental conditions that have to be perfect in order to get these to function properly at night! The IR light that is on the unit has next to no focus and creates terrible shadows when trying to use it. The 5 power fixed focus is also not that great, even with the binocular style your depth perception is no good and you have a very hard time viewing moving objectives. This unit is advertised for several uses that I would never use them for, now that I have had them in my hands.
Overall, The quality of the Armasight Dark Strider GEN 1 +(no clue what the plus means) Night vision binocular is extremely poor! I have purchased several night vision devices over the years and have had the opportunity to try units from $100 to $12,000 and I would recommend several of the worst units between $100 and $500 dollars before I would recommend these.
A tri-pod is a must for these. The lens caps are attached and they dont seal up the lenses the way i like because they are a little loose. The only major problem i have with these binocs are the individual eyepiece adjustments. They are difficult to get 100percent focus and that is the only adjustment area. Focus becomes difficult when standing.
Let me mention that the night vision works great for gen 1, however if you plan to use in urban well streetlit enviroment. The tubes work too good. Perfect for stationary surveillance. The bag is ok at best, by that i mean it simply works holding tje binocs
Ir can can only be used in complete darkness. I give the range on these 200 yards give or take.
Overall a good buy for a spotter or a night watcher, but i would not recommemd for tactical purpose because of the focus adjustment.
Well built and they seem very durable. Comfortable in uour hands but they do become a brick. Strap sucks. Adjustable IR. Good battery life. Nice rusky +1.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
disapointing stuff. bad focusing, blurred, not even close to an expected fair result; not even good as a playtoy
Not an investment, best, a waist of money,... Read more
I bought these as a gift for my Dad , but unfortunately he couldn't see a thing with them, a lot of money for poor qualityPublished on February 26, 2014 by Robbin chernoff
The device is not what we needed. We find that we needed more people to help us and show us how to use it. The manual was bleh.Published on March 15, 2013 by The Living Tribunal
Had to return it, very nice. When I review it and purchase it. Wish it had mention in layman term. That is was only for night which work great. Try it in the basement wow. Read morePublished on December 19, 2012 by Thomas Ling