Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on April 23, 2012
This watch is really really glossy. The wrist bands are straight out gloss black. Upon receiving this watch it looked huge when I opened the box. Although it is huge it still fits my wrist nicely and I do have a small wrist compared to many people out there. For being a little over 20 dollars it is amazing and it looks really nice too. I wanted to get a G-Shock watch but those are way out of my price range. This has all the basic features such as a stop watch, timer, dual time zones, 2 alarms and date. One thing that really bothers me about this watch is the way the numbers light up. Unlike other watches that lights up the whole screen, this watch only lights up the numbers. I don't mind having only the numbers light up but for this watch it is terrible. The color of the light is like a neonish green color, but don't let that fool you because the light is really dim. If you are in a room with standard lights it is very hard to read the numbers if you press the light button. Overall this watch would've been a 5 star but because of the dim light I gave it a 4 star.

***NOTE (The instructions are in the box, its not exactly in the box itself but it is inside the plastic display thing that the watch sits on. So just open up the plastic thing and the instructions are inside.)
on March 12, 2017
Love this watch. I had one just like it for a couple of years. I kind of beat it up a little bit, wearing it all the time, to work(warehouse), but it still looked and worked great. I didn't think I could find it again ( hadn't really tried), but the band finally broke, from constant bending to put on and take off and constantly being soaked in sweat, as I work in a very hot warehouse, during the summer. Thought I was going to have to settle for a different kind, after searching a few local stores, but to my surprise, I came across it on Amazon. All is right, with the world, again 😆😎
on January 4, 2013
First of all, it looks pretty much EXACTLY as the Amazon rotating view shows. I do want to mention that the dimensions listed with the other color versions of this same watch (i.e. red) are more accurate. I measure them as:

Case diameter (at widest points) = 50 millimeters
Wide portion of band width = 26 millimeters
Thin portion of band width = 20 millimeters

I mention this because if you're looking for a big DIGITAL watch, this is one of the larger I have seen in both case diameter and height. I think it looks good!

DISPLAY:
There has been much reviewed about the display and lighting. The date display is just fine. The time display is a tad smallish and I'd prefer it a bit larger, but still pretty readable. The greenish tint really doesn't negatively effect it's readability. The light is indeed fairly week but I think it's just sufficient enough by a slim margin. I've not really encountered lighting in which I absolutely couldn't read the display.

BEEPING:
Possibly the biggest con (to me anyway) is that the watch beeps whenever you press a function (except the light) and...

INSTRUCTIONS:
...there were no instructions included to see if the beeping can be turned off. (I doubt it can.) Most of the watch functions are pretty intuitive so if you've owned other digitals, you'll probably not have trouble quickly grasping its usage. It has pretty basic functions.

BUTTONS:
The buttons are recessed a bit too much for my liking, which is just a little annoying.

LONGEVITY:
I cannot speak to this, as I've only had the watch for days. No signs of problems or blatant shoddiness yet though.

Despite some minor drawbacks, I think this is a pretty good watch for the money. Keep in mind, this is pretty inexpensive. Assuming no early malfunction, I give it 4 of 5 stars, for the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2015
This watch has a major drawback for me. The numbers for the time are NOT back lit. The numbers themselves are what lights up, and unless it is 100% dark you are not able to see what time it is. Forget about using the light button if it's just dusky dark. It's useless.

Other than that I liked the watch. The band has now broken on me, and I will be replacing the whole watch with something that has a real back light for the time.
on April 3, 2017
A horrible piece of junk. THE WATCH BROKE IN HALF AND I THREW THE WATCH AWAY IN THE GSRBAFE,DO NOT BUY THIS WZTCH5
on June 25, 2012
This is my second Armitron watch that I have bought on Amazon. The first one was a good watch but after 9 months the band broke because it was to weak in the first place but it was a light watch. This model has a band that is tough enough to take anything and will not wear out because of sweat and water which happen to the first on the above that I talked about. It is a bit heavier than what I am used to but that could be a good thing because band breakage is always the problem that I have had with other sport watches. I think this band can take the salt which comes from the sweat on your wrist because it is tough and looks like something that I have not seen before. It is very glossy and thick and also there is no extra length that most sports watches has which keeps getting caught on something which weakings the band. It is close to the end of the watch which is the best thing I like about the watch because there is no extra length to catch on something.

I have had this watch for about 2 months and it looks as good as the day I got it. There is only one thing I do not like about this watch is the light is to dim and you can not read what time it is in the dark which I think is important to have but what can you do. This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the very dim light.
on May 17, 2015
This is the second Armitron watch I've purchased and both have are good-looking, quality watches at an exceptionally low price. I purchased both of my Armitron to match a pair of shoes (the first was a pair of gray & orange Brooks running shoes, and this one was purchased to match a green & gray pair of trail running shoes). The band on this one is black with little (tiny) specks of silver in it and it raises the overall quality look of the watch. I'm already looking for the next Armitron watch to purchase...but gotta find the right shoes first ;-)
on July 23, 2014
I almost didn't buy this watch based on a negative review which maintained that this watch was very cheap looking. Nothing further from the truth, in fact, I have a hard time understanding why will anyone say something like this about this watch. My conclusions were that this person either have a hidden agenda or knows nothing about watch quality. I own over 15 watches with prices which range from $60 to $600. This is the first watch that I buy for only $20. Compared to my other watches, this watch looks great and certainly does not look like a $20 watch. It is comparable to two of my Seiko watches with prices above $100!
on April 18, 2017
its okay it is watch so far it is working
on September 18, 2016
I purchased this watch 2 years ago and for the price it has held up very well. The band is now starting to tear, and I'm replacing the watch with something new from Armitron but considering it's my only watch and I've worn nearly everyday for 2 years, I'm very pleased and would definitely purchase again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question