Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 8, 2011
I bought this watch before my first cruise to the Bahamas. I don't normally wear a watch since my cellphone is on my at all times, but this was not going to be possible for some portions of the vacation. Timing is very important when traveling, because the train/bus/plane/ship does not wait for you.

Water resistance was key for me, and this watch survived many swims in the pool and ocean. It is very light and although it makes you sweat a little bit, you get used to it. As far as telling time, this watch is great. It was easy to set up, and it was very fashionable to boot (the bright white band with ports made me look extra tan). However, the good looks did not last. Firstly, after a few days of normal use, I noticed a few scratches on the face of the watch. It's only plastic and will eventually develop scratches. The bigger problem was the white finish. I don't know if it was because of suntan lotion or from constant exposure to the sun, but the white band quickly became cream-color and started to transform to yellow. The underside of the band was even worse, but thankfully no one sees that. The white around the face of the watch stayed nice and vibrant, so it made the band discoloration show even more.

I'm not too bummed about it since the watch was cheap and was just for a vacation. It would've been nice, however, if I could wear it after the vacation or use it for a future summer vacation. It doesn't look horrible, but now it is reduced to cheapo drugstore watch level.
on March 1, 2014
I like a watch with a larger display. A common problem with those is the watch can get caught when putting on a jacket. Another problem with them is when you are wearing a long sleeved shirt, particularly a dress shirt, the watch has to either going inside of it or outside of it. This watch has such a low profile, it fits under the cuff. I'm not usually a fan of gel watch bands because they can build up perspiration underneath them. This band has small square holes, so it has no such problem. One note for users of this, the back light is good, but you have to look at the watch from a 25-30 degree angle.
on October 29, 2013
I originally owned the black and red version of this watch:Armitron Men's 408177RED Chronograph Black and Red Digital Sport Watch And received a couple of compliments from females saying they liked the watch. I loved the watch for it's simplicity, comfort, and lack of protrusions that so easily get caught on things. I then purchased this version in white. I was very surprised to have several females (20-30 year olds) go out of their way to compliment me on my watch and one even asked me where I got it. Another reviewer is correct that the band will yellow while the face remains white. This has been my experience so far, and I might add it happens rather quickly. However, it does appear to be more related to skin oils and the sun than anything else. In addition, there are several methods for removing yellowing from plastic, so the watch isn't necessarily ruined. The description states it's plastic resin, so I may look at the methods one can use to remove yellowing from plastic resin. Many have success with bleach, but I think it may weaken the band.
on May 29, 2011
The build of the watch feels okay. Better than I expected for an inexpensive watch. Screen is very clear and easy to read. The plastic is pretty flexible and very smooth. The white color is glossy and bright. I like that I can adjust the watch to exactly the notch I want around my wrist. My complaint is that the actual timepiece is very bulky, so it sits up off my wrist kind of high which means it gets in the way all the time when I wear long sleeves or reach into my pocket. If I would have known it was this bulky, I wouldn't have purchased it. It's too much hassle to send it back and the watch is pretty nice otherwise. I wear it occasionally now, but I will pass it onto someone else when I find an ideal replacement.
on June 9, 2013
first of all i saw this watch and thought it would be a great watch for work, reason being that on the work site we are not allowed metal band watches for safety reasons. Got my watch and firstly i must say that its very attractive and fun to look at, very bold and attracts attention to your wrist. Indiglo works great in low lit areas, the band is a little flimsy but sturdy, hope it doesnt break in the near future because i plan to wear this everyday to work. Display is easily readable and stylish. dont have to be lookin around for a calender its all there. all in all i rate it 4 out of 5 because of the band.
on July 23, 2014
So far I am enjoying this watch. It looks very sleek, clean, and minimal. It was very difficult finding a watch that wasn't unbearably bulky or colorful, and I am glad that Armitron is selling this product.

However, I do have one complaint. This may be user error, but there does not appear to be a way to reset the countdown timer once it is set. The included instructions do not give any indication that this is possible. This is an annoyance that should have a simple solution.
on September 11, 2013
I purchase this watch so I would have an easy to read digital watch for a cruise vacation. I got it on time and it was very easy to set up. Fits very comfortably and it is easy to read the time and date. The illumination feature works very well. I used this watch while snorkeling and snuba diving and it worked great underwater and still works great. No reason to spend a ton of money on a watch. This watch is great for the price. I recommend this to any interested in a stylish white watch but don't want to spend a lot on it.
on October 17, 2011
I expected that the armband would be the "spongy" silicon band which has been all the rage in casual watches for the past few years. The white band is actually rigid plastic instead; It's alright but not what I wanted. At this point, I will keep the watch because I think it'll be more hassle to return it so, I'll keep it. The display that previous reviewers talked about is alright and fairly simple to navigate. All in all, the watch is decent, however, if I had purchased it locally, I probably would've returned it.
on November 22, 2013
This watch arrived on it's scheduled date.

I like the fit of this watch, not too tight, not too loose. Comfy.
The looks are just as the picture shows, but it has 'sparkles', which makes it appear more feminine.

The function of the watch is great, yet the 'beep' it makes at althe press of any button is not like enjoyable.

on February 20, 2013
I'm really happy I came across this watch and decided to purchase it. I was just looking for a low profile, stop watch, and this what I got. Low to medium expectations for the price, and I was not disappointed.

The only real concern and dislike I have for this watch is the fact that it didn't come with a manual, and I can't seem to be able to stop it from beeping everything a button is pushed. Other than that, it's a solid watch.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.