Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 6, 2015
Excellent inexpensive watch.
review image
on February 6, 2011
I bought a watch from Armitron before and that watch lasted I think 3-4 years, because the rist band got too worn out and broke, but it lasted a long time for a 20 buck watch. You can't go wrong with Armitron. They are just great watches at a great price.

Also, just for some untold info about the way this watch works is that the days of the week in the big circle darken for each day, like if it was sunday the middle of the circle would darken. And in the smaller circle were it says T2(time two) it shows the date (like 06 or 15). It shows PM and AM next to the time on the left. IT COMES WITH A VERY DETAILED MANUAL. The stainless still is very nice and is located where it says set, adj, light, and mode. The sides where it has the buttons is also stainless steel and the two parts on the band. This watch is also very shiny and sharp looking, which makes it looks very expensive.

This watch has exactly what you need for every day use. It shows the day, date, time, seconds, and PM and Am all on the face of the watch. All of the features that this watch has is as follows...

1.A time telling Mode (hours, minutes, seconds, date, and day of the week).
2.A Calendar Mode (month, date, and day of the week, but there is NO YEAR).
3.(2) 24 hour alarms.
4.Hourly chime: One 'beep' every full hour.
5.A Chronograph Mode: hours, minutes, seconds, and 1/100th of a second with lap operation.
6.A Countdown Timer
7.A Second Time Zone
8.A 12 or 24 hour clock
9.Water resistant 330 feet.
10.And a light you press when it gets dark to lighten up everything.

A perfect watch indeed.
22 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 16, 2012
UPDATED REVIEW January 8th, 2015 - I just ordered a replacement Armitron watch just because this watch has been the best I have ever owned. Can you believe it? I ordered a different model today but I am amazed how many compliments I have received over the years and I have literally beat this watch silly. I swim, bike, run, camp, hike....This watch I am replacing is scratched but still works great. The backlight is fading but I suspect it just needs a replacement battery. I have changed my rating to 5 stars. I am still amazed the value for such an inexpensive watch.

ORIGINAL REVIEW - This is my first Armitron watch....I am a triathlete and typically have used Timex Ironman watches for years and my last one was pretty beat up. So, I thought I would dress things up a bit with this watch. Very easy to setup after reading the instructions. Really cool layout once you get used to looking for the the information like the date, etc. For the money or really the less amount of money it is hard for me to believe I got this so cheaply. The super chrome surface areas maybe make it look cheap or maybe not. I got a compliment on the watch last night. So, not sure why I only gave it 4 stars but this early on it is hard for me to believe such a watch is so cheap. I will probably post a note down the road. But, even if this watch only lasts six months (but, other reviewers allege their Armitrons last for years...) who cares for $20?
on September 23, 2016
I bought this watch for the timers... when working outside I would keep forgetting the bread rising in the kitchen or worse yet baking in the oven! I just wish the alarm were a little louder - but people standing next to me are probably glad for the opposite! The watch is large and functional and beauty is in the eye of the beholder - the deal is, it does the job well... I do have to put on 2 pairs of glasses to see the small items on the watch face when setting it but have no trouble viewing the date and time or the readouts for the timer. Learning to set it is, as one would expect, is a bit of a challenge but once you see the pattern of setting the different functions you will get the hang of it.
on April 16, 2017
There is only one thing I do not like about this product: despite the fact that you can turn off alarms and hourly chimes, you cannot mute the pushing of a button. This is a little annoying, but it takes nothing away from the overall function and comfort that this watch has on my wrist. The watch didn't come with very good instructions, either. Just a slip of paper, not the mini-books that come with other watches these days.
I originally saw this watch at Wal-Mart. I was interested in getting a watch for camping and occasional outdoor use but I didn't want to spend $100 on a watch I was only going to use occasionally. When I went back to Wall Mart the watch was gone...Doing a search on Amazon I found this watch which looked similar, and so when there was a small price drop I went ahead and ordered it.. I'm pretty happy so far with my purchase
on June 24, 2012
I'm legally blind in one eye, and the other one isn't much better. This creates some problems in telling the time, since watching the sun isn't really that practical. After my pricey Casio bit the dust because of a busted strap, I started looking for a replacement with certain requirements in mind:

1. The time had to be very easy to see. Large, easy to read numbers.

2. The calendar function, while less important, also had to be relatively easy to read.

3. The night light on the watch had to light the time sufficiently well and all over so that I could tell when it was at 3 a.m.

4. The watch controls and settings had to be intuitively obvious so I could let my fingers do all the walking necessary in less than five minutes. The teensy print in the dinky manuals manufacturers typically send with watches is impossible for me to read.

5. The watch had to be fairly inexpensive. And I wanted something I could reasonably expect to last two years on one battery. When it dies, I just plan on buying another watch.

I'm pleased to say that this watch meets all the above expectations, and then some. It is especially easy to read, and the night light actually makes telling the time in the dark a real pleasure. The controls are protruded buttons with large, flat surfaces that have a wonderful tactile feel and are exceptionally easy to use. It's a plus that the watch is very attractive with its decorative orange highlighting. It also survives with style my forays into the deep end of the pool at the Y.

It's true that the watch doesn't have atomic timekeeping and a solar-powered battery, both of which are desirable features. But for the price, this is one very useful item that just can't be best.
on October 14, 2016
Got this for my son, but when arrived, the face was too big for him. I decided to give it a try for a work watch. Has all the standard digital watch perks, stop watch, timer, alarm, dual time, back light. Has the option for hourly chime, and turning alarm on/off. The light illuminates just the numbers in a soft blue glow, very easy to see without lighting up a dark area. The band feels well made, has a nice metal support accent piece on each side. The watch seems well made, and I would put it in the light/medium duty class. It looks nice, and a lot more expensive than it was. Very easy to set, and a full set of instructions are included in the watch case. I have gotten it soaked and went swimming with it, so far so good. The watch came inside a retail Armitron box, with the watch clasped to the inner shell of box. This was then packaged with padding inside a larger box. Based off the pictures, description, price and overall quality I work highly recommend this product and seller.
on January 1, 2014
This is a decent watch that looks very sharp. Standard Armitron features, I have owned this a year now and the battery is still fine. I own a lot of watches, but get complimented on this watch the most. It is a big watch (which I enjoy) so if you like big bulky watches this is a good fit.

My only drawback is that there is no button protection for activities that require a lot of movement. It is very easy to accidentally hit a button when bending your wrist. Usually the piece of raised frame is big enough to stop this from happening but you can tell in the picture they don’t come out past the buttons to prevent this. I am constantly hitting buttons and changing the screen.
Great watch for the price point, not as sturdy or as hardcore as a solid Casio, but not as cheap as a fashion watch. A decent all round watch that does have slick design.
on May 16, 2015
Pros:
Looks Great
All the outside bits are nice to touch
No problems taking into shower.

Cons:
Just too damn thick

The watch is nice. It held up nicely in the shower which is a big deal for me. When I wear a watch I like it to become a part of my wrist. However, this is the first time I have purchased a watch online and I have some serious buyer's remorse. This baby is over 5/8" inches thick at the face. 0.635 inches actual. IT IS CRAZY THICK. This is something that I never even considered when selecting a watch. All my previous watches have been much slimmer. This thing never "disappears" on my wrist. I am always aware that I have it on. It is driving me bonkers.

I would like to give this thing 2 stars because the thickness really kills it for me, but the watch is nice. I never spend more than 35 bucks on a watch, but this 20 dollar watch blows all the 35 dollar watches I have had out of the water. Looks great and buttons are nice and big. The light could be brighter, but still very usable.

I would give this watch 6 stars if not for the CRAZY thickness....