Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 5, 2014
So Far So Good.

I love this lil guy here. I have rocked it more than any of my other watches mainly because I rock casuals more these days. This watch is good for the gym, jogging and what not. My brothers made fun of it when they saw it and to shut them up I dropped it in a bucket of water for a few minutes. See, I was following the other reviews so I decided to put it to the test - blind faith.

It came out alive and kicking. I use it a lot because it has two time zones, I alternative between two time zones because of my work and other activities. I also like that it is very comfortable to wear.

It is simple and gets the job done. Nothing fancy which will cause stirs but functional and of course it can cause stirs if you use at a swimming pool without freaking out.
review image
on May 12, 2015
- Good watch for the price
- Feature list is great for a sub-$20 watch
- Durable/Waterproof
- Wristband can crack after a while (1.25 yrs for me)
- Scratches on the face are pretty noticeable after prolonged use
Conclusion: If you know you're gonna wear this all the time (as I did), invest in a slightly more expensive watch so it can take the wear and tear.
review imagereview image
on April 13, 2016
Bought my first armitron watch when I joined the military back in 2012. It was a older model of this one. That watch went with and did everything with me I put it through every type of weather and stress imaginatable after 2 long years the wrist band started cracking do to me taking it on and off. No bad for a 20 dollar watch so I said what the hell I buy another one. Proceeded to buy this one on amazon tight away it didn't fit the same as the older model. Also with anytime of movement the strap come lose from its retaining band every 5 literally I have to insert it into the retaining band but whatever not a big deal for me annoying but no biggie. But same deal thick and thin with this new watch a year hits and randomly one night I'm sitting watching a movie I go to illuminate my watch a bam nothing. Light is completely dead and I tried everything to get it to work again. Yeah I know everyone who reading this is saying "well not every product can be as great as they're last" or "that's what you get for buying a 20 dollar watch. I completely agree with you.
on April 4, 2016
I like the overall design of the watch - it's attractive, easy to use and does its job of telling the time just fine. The problem I have with it, and the reason I can't give it 5 stars, is that IT IS INCREDIBLY SCREWY WITH THE STOPWATCH FEATURE. I can't figure it out. Sometimes, I'll be between sets at the gym (and I like to take 30 to 45 second rests between sets) and this thing will simply cut out and go back to the normal time function. Ok, I guess not a big deal, but then when I press the button to cycle back to the stopwatch feature, the features will cycle in a completely different order than they normally do. It's like the brain of this watch is schizophrenic. I wanted it for the simple task of stop watch, and it delivers - but in the most unstable way imaginable. Its ALMOST unusable for me at the gym. If you like to keep your watch on the stop watch feature - too bad, this watch won't allow it.

TLDR - The watch is too inconvenient and screwy for me to recommend, and all I needed it to do was function as a stopwatch.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2016
Helluva watch and a great fit! This beautiful watch has made another great addition to my already large Armitron collection. Armitron watches have proven to be the "best bang for your buck" buys yet.

This watch also gets a lot of compliments for its unique look.

Update: 08/16/2016

This watch is working and looking great! I have put it through it's paces and this watch has performed beautifully. Still very happy with this purchase.

This review is based on my own opinion and not based on any discount received from the seller.
review image
on May 30, 2017
I have had this watch for a 2 years and it finally broke after about 25,000 hours of hard work and abuse this watch and i were good friends we saw a lot together the strap one day got caught on an ice cooler and the clip broke but it was well worth the price !
on July 18, 2014
Here is my review for Armitron Sports Men's Watch

The reason I got this watch was because I am a lifeguard and I needed something that can take a beating in water. I've been in depts of 20 feet with this watch and up to 8 hours on some days. This watch won't give up. I have owned this watch for about 4 years know and I still use it to this day. I didn't want to pay the expensive price of a G Shock so I got this. It's cheap and all my friends thinks it's a G Shock. My boss loved this watch so much she took it, so I had to buy another one. What is the point of buying a $100+ watch when you can get this watch that does the same exact thing. Thank you Armitron.

Pros- Very strong, easy to use, water resistant, comfy,

Cons- None found.
on January 9, 2016
I needed a watch to time myself at the gym, etc., and for less than $16, this watch will be just fine. There are mysteries, however - the instructions provided are for another model with slightly different buttons. It wasn't tough to figure out and set the time correctly. The buttons are a little awkward but they work. Another mystery is at the top of the display - there are 5 bars that change configuration every second, but don't seem to mean anything (not mentioned in the provided instructions or on instructions I found online). The "magnifying" lens over the seconds display serves more to block the display than to help read it (a mystery why it's there). The backlight is only helpful if it's really dark out.

I don't plan on diving to 330 feet so I will never know if the watch can really survive at depth. But all in all, it will serve the purpose I have for it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 25, 2015
This watch was made in China and the enclosed directions are terrible. Also I is almost impossible to find better directions on-line because there are so many other similar watches which all do not fit the needs. I think since this watch was made in Chine the directions must have been poorly translated into English.

The functions on the watch are not clearly readable as well. It took me a long time to find the combination of buttons to even set the time let alone anything else. I would never purchase another Amitron watch again!

I purchased this Amitron watch because the CASIO WAVE CEPTOR watch I had for years started to reset the town location i.e. LAX to some place in Europe at times it was supposed to be reset by a satellite. Very frustrating as well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 20, 2014
A solid watch for the sub-$20 category, I was a little disappointed because I bought it because I thought it looked sleek/cool but when the watch got here and I took a closer look, I realized it was much more plastic-y than it looks in the picture. Most of the knobs and buttons on the side are just decorative and aren't really buttons or controls. There are only 4 buttons on the watch that are functional.

That being said, this watch probably does everything you expect from a watch of this price/category. It is waterproof, has 4 different modes, including regular,alarm, stop watch, and secondary watch(displays a second set of time). There is also a weird calendar mode, but the watch essentially tells you the date and day of the week as well.

Overall this is a great watch for the price, although it looks a little bit cheap, it really just looks like it's a sub-$20 watch, which it is.

I've brought it in the shower and into a swimming pool with me and had no problems, so it seems great for water sports and activities.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.