Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 565 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 611 reviews
on March 8, 2014
I am writing this review after owning this watch for over three years. This watch is my favorite out of all the daily use watches I have ever owned. For the past twenty something years I have worn assorted sport type digital watches and they would all have their pros and cons. With this Armitron model, I have found no major faults. The watch came quickly and was in perfect condition. It was packed with an owners insert that went over the basic functions of the watch. The functions are easy to use and navigate, the display is big (maybe too big for some?) and easy to read. The watch crystal and band are as durable as one can ask for a watch of this price. Additionally, I have never gotten so many compliments on a watch before, and my dress watch is a Tag Heuer AquaRacer! I highly recommend this watch. I'm yet to even replace the battery after three years and near daily wear. My only caveat would be that the water resistance claims of this watch may be exaggerated; I swam in the ocean with this watch and while it did not break, there was some condensation inside the bezel for a few days - after that incident I never submerged it again. The watch was, however, worn in and exposed to some very nasty weather and I experienced no further water issues.

UPDATE 1/2015: After a little less than four years of ownership (I bought it March of 2011) the band on this watch snapped while I was taking it off. I wholeheartedly stand by my five star rating and figured I would update this review and mention that the four years of steadfast performance this inexpensive watch provided impressed me so much, I bought another.
on July 8, 2011
This watch looks great and is really not that big. The face is easy to see, the watch works for everything (gym, work, parties), and the buttons are easy to operate and learn how to control. Some other buyers say there is nothing in the right uppermost circle, but that's not true. When you go to alarm mode, press button C to activate the alarm and a bell shows there. Press C again and you get the hourly chime. Press C again 2 times to deactivate the alarms. Also, the instruction manuel is hidden inside the dock that the watch comes in, so look everywhere in the box before you throw it away. That's from experience. This watch gets a 5 star rating. I'm very impressed. If you're feeling oh-i-don't-know-if-i-should-get-it, definately get it. Without question. Great watch for a great price.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2011
Nice big face, even bigger than a lot of the G-watches. I own 2 G shocks 7900 & 9000 and this is bigger. I'm not a big fan of the chrome though, i think its too much. But other than than, this watch is functional and you can't beat the value. Most watches under this $20 doesn't even come close to looking this good.
I've taken this backpacking twice now in the last 2 months and no problems with water, mud and other elements. This is also pretty much my everyday watch now.

Just FYI, if you look at this watch with a polarized sunglasses, you may not see time on certain angles.
review image
on October 5, 2016
Really nice looking watch, the face is not as huge as I thought it was. Standard sport watch features, stop watch, timer, alarm, military time, and back light.
In case anyone was wondering, of you start the time or stop watch and go back to the clock screen, it will continue in the background. I went swimming at the beach with it once so far, the ocean was pretty rough, for tossed around by a couple waves and it held up perfectly.

Some people don't like the little clip at the end of the band but I think it's a nice addition, keeps the band in place.

I think I'll be buying more watches from armitron, excellent quality, reasonable price, you can't go wrong.

***Update*** So i've had this watch for about 2 months, i've showered with it, went swimming at the beach, and even wore it while soaking in a hot sulphur pool in the volcanic island of dominica and it handled it without a problem. I don't usually take time to update reviews or even write them to be honest but i think the brand deserves some props. If anyone wants a watch that they can swim and snorkel with, this one is perfect for it. And if the other watches from armitron are made like this one, they are probably just as good.
review image review image review image review image
on October 5, 2011
My husband needed a durable watch but we didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. He has had some that he ended up just scratching so now we just keep the good watches as dress up ones and he wears when we go out. Since we like to travel where we hike, bike and do adventurous things... we needed something that was not expensive because we don't want to worry about damaging or scratching it. He needed something that looked good but yet was durable and could take some bumping around, water and good jostling! This watch looks much more expensive than it was. It has held up very well. My husband and I are very happy with it. We have been in vacation with it twice already since we purchased it and it has been in the water and took some good bumps while mountain biking! Lots of people have even asked my husband where he bought his watch at. He was honest and needless to say they were shocked to hear the price.
review image
on May 12, 2011
This watch was absolutely the best watch I have ever bought. The instructions for set-up were easy and I like the look this gives. Some have complained that it does not come with instructions and this I believed at first too. The instructions are actually within the holder it comes in. I had to dig in the trash to get the instructions out because I had not thought to look in there.
The watch is very shiny. It gives date and time. It is not THAT big as some have been saying. I like my watches tight and i wear it this way. When I do push ups or weights i just loosen it.
People have been asking if it is a G-shock. When I show them they're surprised to see that it is a better looking watch at a cheaper price.
44 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2014
Looks expensive. I was very impressed by this watch. For being so reasonably priced I didn't think it would be much more than an every day casual watch. But it looks amazingly more dressy than I thought it would. My husband wears it to work with dress clothes and gets many compliments on it. It also looks great as a casual watch. Much more versatile than I thought. Very happy I purchased it.
on April 19, 2017
The buckle broke off the strap within one or two weeks of my beginning to wear it while I was out swimming. I will get it repaired, but I am pretty disappointed that any part of my brand new watch should fall apart. I've had good, reliable Armstrong watches before, so I was very surprised.
on February 23, 2015
I always liked Armitron watches they look good and last a long time. This watch so far is been great it looks good it's easy to read and once i got used to the way it operates I've come to like it a lot.
on June 13, 2016
I love the feel of this watch. The larger numbers is my favorite thing. Casio and Timex seems to have a little smaller numbers on them. Get lots of compliments on it for a $20.00 watch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.