Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Size: One Size|Color: None|Change

Showing 1-10 of 585 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 633 reviews
on August 4, 2012
SO, I purchased this watch in September of 2011.. and the watchband finally broke (8/2012). The "chrome" finish has partially worn off, but the watch itself functions beautifully. The back lighting still works like a champ, the buttons held up perfectly, and I never had to change the battery. Unfortunately the watchband is probably as much as a new one of these inexpensive watches, so I will be throwing it my in my hunting bag so it will still get some use this fall.

Why I'm so impressed by this watch:

I am one of those crazy people that wear a watch 24/7. The only time this watch wasn't on my wrist was for business meetings and such where I wore a higher end watch. For almost a complete year, I worse this consistently in the shower.. swimming in the lake.. mountain biking.. hiking/trekking.. at work.. ect ect...

Its been scratched, beat, smashed, scuffed, and neglected.. and it STILL made it almost a year before the chrome paint began peeling and the band broke. I'm positive that if I took better care of it, the band would still have been in good shape. When all is said and done, this 20 dollar watch stands tall with my high dollar watches... and to pass this thing up would be a mistake! I'm ordering another as soon as I finish this review!
on October 18, 2016
This watch works great! I’ve had it for over a year and I wear it regularly while working and during workouts. I’ve never had a problem with it once. I’ve worn other cheap sports watches in the past and they usually break within a couple of months due to how harshly I treat them. This watch has stood the test of at least a year (and still going strong)! It has a large face that is extremely easy to read but it’s also very light for how big it is. It has an alarm (which is quite loud), lap timer, countdown timer, hourly chime, and military time, however, I really only use the normal time and alarm. The light up face lasts for three seconds and is helpful when in dark places such as bars. The adjustable rubber band fastens with a buckle clasp, is very comfortable and most of the time I barely notice I have the watch on. It’s also water resistant. I’ve read other reviews that stated it didn’t work in the water but I shower and go swimming with it on often and I’ve also been in the ocean with it and I haven’t had a problem yet. The only two negative things I’ll say about this watch is that the chrome paint began to peel around the face, but I’ll chalk that up to normal wear and tear. The other thing is that the compass marking are purely aesthetic and are not functional, so don’t buy if you are considering that aspect of the watch. Other than that this watch works great and it was money well spent! I recommend buying it to everyone who wants a visually appearing and highly functioning sports watch. I’m definitely going to be buying another one when I outlive this one!
on August 23, 2016
I started reffing soccer and so I needed a water resistant watch with a timer. I looked around and selected this watch.

Fit - this watch has a variety of holes, although I think they could add a few more and have some greater options.

Function - this watch has Alarm, chime, stopwatch, timer, dual time zones... The timer works well but I would prefer one where once the timer goes off it goes back to the length of time it was set for. I have to reset the timer after each 1/2 which is a little bit of a drag. I have gotten this watch wet in rain and tub and there are no moisture issues that I have observed.

Quality - for the price this watch appears to be of very good quality. I have had zero issues with it and expect that it will last quite a while. I have read some reviews where people talk about replacing the watch band and it is about the same as a new watch. So if I get to the point of needing a new band I would probably just get a new watch and look one for a timer that resets itself.

Some people have mistaken this for similar looking very expensive watch. I haven't told anyone what I paid, it is my little secret but it doesn't look cheap.
on August 1, 2016
Gorgeous watch and a great fit! The feel of the watch is very sturdy without being bulky. It is also lightweight, but by no means flimsy. This great watch has made another awesome addition to my already growing Armitron collection.

Update: 08/16/2016

This watch is still as beautiful as the day I received it from Amazon. Its been through workouts, pool parties, hikes and still looks gorgeous! Thanks Armitron for caring about the quality of your products.

Great purchase! I will be shopping around for another watch to add to the Armitron collection.
on September 24, 2016
I've bought this same watch for $9.88 from Wal-Mart for years--I think I've owned six or seven of them by now. It gets the job done, looks pretty good, and it's cheap. When mine breaks or I lose it, I just go to the nearest Wal-Mart and replace it. When I forget it at home, no problem--I keep an extra in my glove box. I even get compliments on it so often that it would blow your mind--I don't even explain that it's a cheap Wal-Mart watch anymore; I just let them think I have a nice watch. Hahaha.

Anyway, Wal-Mart stopped carrying them, I guess, so I picked up a new one here after I left mine at the gym last week. Too bad about the price increase. Still, I doubt I'll switch to a new watch for a while. 5 stars!
on October 3, 2013
I bought the watch because it has a tachymeter scale. That wasn't the only reason, but it was the deciding factor. I have not seen another digital chronograph at any price with this feature, so I figured I'd give this watch a try because of its low price. At the worst, I'd have a pretty stylish beater watch for weekends.

What I have is a watch that looks good enough to wear everyday to my business-casual workplace. On my small wrist it looks rather big but not to the point of looking oversized. it fits well and is quite comfortable. This doesn't strike me as a watch for a triathlete, but for someone hiking, camping, or just on a road trip, it's plenty of watch for the money.

The bezel is brighter than it appears in the picture and stands out from the stainless steel accents on the strap, but this keeps it from looking like other watches that I have that are all black plastic. There are gimmicky styling details, like the compass points on the stationary bezel, and the display itself seems to be of a school of design where clutter = sophistication. Once you see where everything is, though, it all makes sense. Except for the subdial at 3 o'clock. Not sure what's going on there.

I hope this watch holds up as well as other reviews seem to indicate that it will. (I read the reviews after purchasing the watch.) It is one of the more accurate watches that I own--a collection with a lot of Casio watches--and was easy to set up. In addition to the tachymeter, the inner bezel also has clock markings which not only are essential to the tachymeter not just being for show but also allow the watch to be used as a compass, assuming you know how to use an analog watch as a compass. It's not like I do this that often, but I like that I can. It adds two more functions to a watch that already does a lot for a nice price.

So buy it for whatever reason you like.
on April 19, 2017
The buckle broke off the strap within one or two weeks of my beginning to wear it while I was out swimming. I will get it repaired, but I am pretty disappointed that any part of my brand new watch should fall apart. I've had good, reliable Armstrong watches before, so I was very surprised.
on July 15, 2013
I like this watch. I bought one on a hunch specifically for work versus a G-Shock. I would still have the first one except I accidentally ran it over with my car after about a year of having it. That's the only thing that beat it so far. I've had the second one just over a year and it's been through a lot, still runs like a champ.

Quite user friendly. The watch itself is quite light in weight. I would not use this as a complete sports watch though, I would call it an active type of watch, for work, riding a bike or hiking, something that wouldn't require free wrist motion or else it will get in the way, as will most wrist watches. The alarms/chimes are loud enough for me, can wake me up and can hear pretty good in loud environments. I have taken the watch down to 15 feet of water and no foggy bezel. The compass is not functional so it is primarily a decoration but it can give you a general idea I guess if you're good with direction. There is a dummy button for you to grasp when settings. The Armitron website does not have exact instructions for this model watch so keep the instructions you get or you will have some trouble as some of there watches come with more and fewer options.

For the price you can't go wrong but you shouldn't expect a $100 watch either. This is a great all around watch to have when you don't want to mess up your good watch but still want it to look attractive. As with anything, there are lemons, you could spend $10,000 on a watch and by chance it's faulty, that's a risk you take with anything you purchase.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Looks great
- Good display and lighting
- Waterproof
- Day/Weekday display
- Alarm/Chimes
- Dummy button for grasping when changing settings
- 2 Time Zone Options
- Timer/Stopwatch/Alarm capabilities
- 12/24 hour modes
- Comfortable band

Cons:
- Not really a sports watch, just looks sporty
- User can tell it's cheaper design
- Non-functional Compass
on November 16, 2012
This watch is the absolute best watch you can get for the price. I wouldn't trade it for a gold plated one. The screen is VERY easy to read and even easier to learn. The instructions are simple, and understandable. It is VERy confortable, and will fit any size wrist. I have a fairly large wrist, and it has TONS of room in each direction to expand or shrink to! Also, I don't know how many times I've wacked it REALLY hard on something, and the glass is still not even scratched. The metal (which is actually real metal) that surrounds the face is a little scuffed, but that makes it look more awesome really.

Fully submergable. Ive been in a pool numerous times, and just like it says, it is totaly waterproof.

There is a LED backlight that makes all the numbers and interface stuff light up when you press the button. Works fine.

Everyone has said it looks REALLY nice on me. Love it!!!!

Only problem I have with it is that it doesn't yell back how much it loves me!
on November 9, 2014
Looks expensive. I was very impressed by this watch. For being so reasonably priced I didn't think it would be much more than an every day casual watch. But it looks amazingly more dressy than I thought it would. My husband wears it to work with dress clothes and gets many compliments on it. It also looks great as a casual watch. Much more versatile than I thought. Very happy I purchased it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.