Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on January 16, 2015
Pros and Cons and how to set the time:

Pros:
- price is right
- sleek and small - nice on a lady's wrist for casual or dressy
- face is easy to read
- fits well on even a small wrist
- very water resistant - I've worn it swimming and soaking in the tub for 2 years with no problem at all
- long lasting battery

Cons:
- NO LIGHT! - this is my biggest complaint - you can't see it at night or in the dark
- It does start to look scratched after a couple years of wear, but for less than $20, it's hard to complain.
- I'm pretty experienced in the world of digital watches, and setting the time on this little guy is like solving an algebraic equation! I googled it and included the directions below to help save you all time. (no pun intended)

1. Hold down the mode button until the alarm starts to flash.
2. Hit the mode button again so that the time appears. The seconds will be flashing.
3. Use the ST/STP button to move to the minutes, hours, or date setting.
4. Hit the reset button to change each of those numbers.
5. Press the mode button again to make the time stop flashing.
on September 13, 2014
John's wife here... I feel highly qualified to write a review of this watch because I have owned 5 of them over the past 14 years.

Pros:
1) As a petite build, I love that it isn't overly bulky, the simple black and silver goes well with anything.
2) The stopwatch feature is easy to use .
3) No issues with water resistance.
4) It's quite cheap for what you get.
5) Its a great all purpose watch.

Cons (There are only 2 negatives):
1) it can be somewhat complex to adjust the date and some of the other functions because it requires pressing certain button combinations for certain lengths of time to launch the correct menus. Once you figure it out that isn't a big deal though.
2)The reason I give if 4 stars instead of 5 is because anywhere between the 1.5 and 2.5 year mark a tear will start about 3/4 inches from the clasp. Due to the styling you can't get a replacement band, and other methods of mending don't work/hold, so you have to move on to a new one. The watch itself has incredible longevity though, I still happen to have the original, aside from the band being broken the watch itself is still running perfectly after 14 years, on the same original battery.

For the price, this watch is excellent, and I'm happy to see this model is still around. I'll continue to buy it as long as it is.
on March 23, 2013
I read the reviews about this watch being very hard to program but the positives for it made me still want to buy it. Also, people wrote that directions weren't included in their watch but my directions were located in the watch case. You have to take apart the base the watch is sent in to get to them.

Things I love: This is a small stop watch. It actually looks like a woman's watch and not just a huge bulky thing on your wrist.
Things I hate: Because it is so compact, there are only three buttons you can use to program it. Lots of errors where it doesn't program exactly. Don't know if that it a malfunction in the watch or what.

But I followed the directions exactly of how to program time, date and alarm and couldn't get it to program the time of day, only the alarm. I called Amtron and their customer service was HORRIBLE. I asked for help on how to program it. The lady told me to look at my directions. I told her I did but couldn't figure it out. She told me that she cannot help. I asked why and she said there are only two people working and her phone is ringing so she has to help someone else and can't help me. I stated that this is a customer service line and I am asking for some service. I was transferred to her manager who never answered. So back to my directions to try again. After another 15 minutes, I finally got the watch to program the date, time and how to turn off the alarm that I kept programming.

All in all, the watch is good. It is hard to program and hard to remember how to do it when daylight savings time happens.
on October 24, 2012
My brother gave me this watch about 5 years ago for christmas. I lead a busy life working, going to school, camping, and swimming. I always where this watch and I am really hard on it. I am able to mountain bike, rock climb, and backpack all the time. It has survived countless times through the wash. A few months ago i had it sitting in my car and I knocked it out and ran over it. :( Amazingly we found it later and it still worked fine although one of the buttons was pushed in. A few weeds ago i threw it in my pocket on my way into work and got home to find out it was gone. I was very upset to find it gone. It was weird to not have my watch on for a few weeks. I ordered another when I realized I wasn't going to find it and it came in the mail today. Very excited to have my watch back, hopping this one holds up as well as the last one. You really can't beat the quality for the price. I was very impressed!
on August 14, 2013
My boyfriend had this watch and I actually borrowed it from him and then didn't want to give it back at all because it looked so nice and fit my tiny wrist and was so easy to use. The instructions are located in a piece of folded up paper in the plastic thing the watch comes on. Yes, it can be a bit confusing with all the button B, C and D business, but once you do it a few times it's perfectly straightforward. Don't go swimming in it though...I dove in and the watch stopped working. The water-resistance has more to do with getting it wet washing dishes or showering. Read up on water resistance in watches if you're curious...it has to do with how much pressure is on the watch so moving your arms fast through the water while swimming can break it.
on March 3, 2013
Armitron Women's 456963BLK Sport Chronograph Black Resin Strap Digital Display Watch
# ASIN: B001RODQW2

Armitron watches seem to all come without directions! (Google)
Directions are not written well. Had to telephone for directions.

Sometimes one of the watch buttons is hit by mistake which makes the time disappear.
When asking for directions, find out how to make the time appear again.

So far (less than a week) the time and the alarm are working.

This seemed to be the simplest watch with an alarm.
on June 14, 2013
Pros: I really needed a watch that chimed every hour. The watch does beep every hour (just once and very lightly) and you can set a separate alarm, so it does what I needed and that is why I gave it four stars.

Cons: - At first, I didn't like the watch because the "chime" was a beep and it was soft and short. But I have found that after wearing it for a few weeks, that I do hear the beep fairly often.
- The day and date are on separate "screens" of the watch. The day appears on the main face of the watch. You press the reset button to get the date. I'd rather have them both together.
on October 21, 2012
I love this watch!! I wanted a sports type watch that was small but had all the features I was looking for. And I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. This watch is a great smaller size. I haven't seen a smaller sports watch that has all these features. It's easy to read. The buttons are really easy to push but don't accidentally get pushed (if that makes sense). It has an alarm, stop watch, is water resistant and just looks good! The only thing it's missing is that it doesn't have a light, but for me that's not really an issue. Again, great watch. So glad I purchased it.
on March 18, 2010
I have tiny wrists and regular sports watches just weigh them down. This watch is 1/2 the size of my old one. I absolutely love it!! It doesn't have a backlight, but i didn't use that option much on my other watch anyway. Great watch that is perfect for small wrists!
on September 13, 2012
I bought this identical watch three years ago and finally the band broke (not bad since it wasn't off my wrist unless I was wet). I replaced it because I was so happy with it and I still am. The numbers are big enough to see without my glasses if necessary. It's comfortable and unobtrusive looking. If the loop that holds the band is too loose (mine was on both watches), you can squeeze it a little tighter and it will work fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.