Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: Vacuum|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,377 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,494 reviews
on March 11, 2015
Holy Cow! What a little suction machine! This little sucker is powerful! I purchased it to keep all the sawdust from getting all over the house (I don't have a workshop or room- just a work corner). My little house vacuum hose barely sucks anything up. However, I seriously don't have the space for a large shop vac so the compact size of this is so great yet it performs as strongly as the large sizes. I was expecting less but got more!

My two little dogs who are terrified of my house vacuum actually don't even pay this one any mind at all. One typically runs and hides while the other follows me around barking madly at it--but with this little shop vac they even kept coming up to it while I'm using it with no barking.

The machine is also quite stable sitting low on the floor so it doesn't tip over. The hose has a good length to it and it comes with several different head attachments that work great! I can also attach my straight hose extensions from my upright vac to this.

UPDATE: OMG not long after I posted this I was spring cleaning - using a hose from my apartment to wash down the patio when I heard something running behind me. Turn around and the whole dining room area is flooded from a leak in the hose!!! So I promptly turned off the water, changed the filter from the cloth to the water filter in this little vac and proceeded to test its wet suction! SUPER HAPPY! It worked like a dream. From a huge spreading puddle to dry floors in minutes! Highly recommend.

I haven't tried the wet part yet or the "blow" part either but if the suction works this well, then I'm sure I'll have no worries.
review image
0Comment| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
There are plenty enough reviews of this vacuum, but I think it deserves another just for its ability to clean out wood stoves.

I finally tired of cleaning the ashes out of my pellet stove with a 30 year old Craftsman shopvac. It's a heavy duty machine, but it's huge, awkward in the house on its casters, and howls like a Lear Jet taking off. Emptying it is not pretty, either, requiring a shower afterwards, at least.

The Armor All shopvac is exactly right for the job: easy to tote, plenty of suction, a motor sound that doesn't scare cats on the next ranch over, and maybe most important, easy to clean. The included attachments are also appropriate and handy.

NOTE: for fireplace ashes and drywall dust, which are extremely fine, the manufacturer recommends an optional fine filter, and this is important, as the powdery dust from ashes will work through a regular filter and burn out the motor.

ALSO NOTE: I called the number for parts in the manual to order that fine filter, and a helpful representative gave me an absolutely super extra tip: mount a regular paper vacuum bag over the inflow tube in the canister and collect the ashes in that. If you do (and I did) hardly any ash gets through to the filter over the motor, and you can simply remove the bag and drop it in the garbage instead of turning the canister over and dumping the ashes in a choking cloud of dust. They carry the bags, too, though I had some leftover bags with a collar gasket that just fit over the inflow tube and those worked well too.)
1414 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2016
This is a nice, light weight compact vacuum that is great for cars, workshops and even home use. Some of the attachments work better than others but which attachment you want to use depends highly on what type of surface you are using it on. It did a great job of cleaning the cat hair off of our suede sofa which used to take forever to remove with one of those lint rollers. I haven't used it for liquids yet but part of the reason I purchased it is because you can suck up liquids, you just have to make sure the right filter is attached. The filters are easy to change and wash. I like that they are reusable so you don't have to worry about buying new ones. It's pretty easy to empty the canister when you are done but you will want to do it outside because when you open in up some dirt will come out. That's the only drawback I can think of to this vacuum, it does get a bit messy when you go to dump the dirt out but I know a lot of vacuums are like that as well. It would also be nice if it had little wheels so you could pull it around instead of having to carry it with the handle.
on April 6, 2016
The good: It's cheap. It doesn't take up very much space. It comes with all of the necessary attachments. All in all, this is a decent little utility vacuum.

The bad: It's under-powered. I seriously question the 2 hp rating that is stated in the product description. I've had shop vacs in the past that were also advertised as 2 hp, and they packed a lot more punch than this little guy...and I mean a lot. Maybe twice the suction. Even vacuuming out the interior of your vehicles (especially on stuff that is in the carpet/floor mats) you will notice how not powerful this ArmorAll vac is on a light duty job.

When the filter and everything is perfectly clean, it does a bit better, but how often do you really want to clean out your shop vac? For me, it's only as often as I have to, definitely not after every use. So, while I am not exactly happy with this product, it works alright. I would recommend that you buy something with a little more power. This performs like a 1 hp or even less.

Three stars for value and halfway decent performance.
on March 3, 2017
This is an awesome vacuum. I purchased it since I was doing some spring cleaning in my home. I wanted a powerful, yet small vacuum to sweep behind my W/D, oven and refrigerator and something with brush attachments for my baseboards. I have a large wet/dry vac in my garage, but it's filthy and huge. This is exactly what I was looking for. It would be perfect also for cleaning the inside of the car. It's only about 15" high, lightweight and extremely reasonable. If you're in the market for something like this, look no further.
on August 27, 2015
So much easier for pet accidents. I apply a cleaning / enzyme solution, sometimes really soaking it in. Then remove all the liquid and stain. No damage by brushing. It does a better job than upright rug cleaners. I do not have to lug my 30 gallon wet /dry vac around. Pet stains are usually not circular, the ArmorAll flexibility beats any spot-bot.

The real design benefit is the large carpet tool. A good grip, angled for proper suction on carpet, and large enough for great hand control.

The AA255 is small enough to go anywhere in your house. Each part connects with a snap. The 1.25 inch hose has turning connectors at each end to allow easy position changes, A nicely engineered all around useful tool.
on January 10, 2017
I used mine for Car Vacuuming, then for Pellet Stove ashes AFTER I broke one of the car attachments running it over. I thought the stove ashes would kill it but after 18 months its still going. I just clean the filter more often to protect the motor. I am buying another one soon for car use only.

Its STRONG enough for car use. I feel bad for the 1 star people, this really is a great unit and I am demanding and ABUSIVE. My first one looks like a filthy piece of junk, but its kicking butt after 3 years of HARD use.
on April 3, 2016
I bought this as a car vacuum and it worked really well the first time I used it on my van. But I just used it again for the third time and out of nowhere it started making horrible noises. I can't fix it as the problem lies in the sealed portion. Really disappointed.
on June 17, 2016
I was concerned the unit may be underpowered, considering the price. However, I have used this thing non-stop since it arrived. The attachments are pretty useful, and the dusting brush it great for car dashboards and dusting electronics in the house. It picks up pet hair very well, and I have used for cleaning the couches, a/c ceiling vent, and much more. Highly recommended!
on November 22, 2015
Good small vac. Daughter wanted one to pick up dust, dirt and bugs out of window and door tracks. She did not want to use her indoor vacuum. Great suction. Once we left they sucked up all kinds of stuff all over the house, in the attic, window tracks, window seals and even the work shop area. Both daughter and son in law had used it by the time I got home from a 4 hour trip. I think they were really happy with the performance of this handy little vac. Hard to buy for someone who has everything but they really were glad to get this. Both bragged on their new vac. Even cleaned up under the Christmas tree they put up without a hitch. Perfect size to haul all over the house without any problem what so ever.