Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
I purchased a new iPod Touch 5th gen and wanted a screen protector for it from the get-go. There weren't too many available for the new larger screen iPod. I was a bit skeptical about this one because it sounded quite a bit like the Zagg Invisible Shield which I've tried and really didn't like. This one is much better.

The kit included the shield, a small bottle of spray liquid to assist with the shield application, instructions, a cleaning cloth, and a squeegee.

Clean the screen, wet your fingers with the spray, spray the front of the shield, peal it off the back it came on, wet the sticky side of the shield, slide it onto the iPod. Now you squeegee out any bubbles, dry it off, and then slide the shield until it is as close to perfect as you want, then wait for it to dry. It took me about 3 or 4 minutes to apply it, and it came out with no bubbles at all.

The thing that made this application easy was, when wet it is easy to slide into position. I had trouble doing that with the Zagg but I now think it was because I didn't apply enough liquid.

Two things pleased me about the ArmorSuit vs the Zagg. Once properly installed the ArmorSuit is flat and smooth where the Zagg had a dimpled surface. The other thing is the Zagg was slightly sticky, even after several days, making it hard to slide my fingers or thumbs over the surface. The ArmorSuit is not sticky and is pleasant to use.

I actually was only going to use the ArmorSit for a while until another product I really like is available for the iPod Touch 5th gen, but now I find no reason to make that switch.

My only concern is the ArmorSit MilitaryShield and the Zagg Invisible shield are both made from a soft material. If you happen to catch the edge of it with your hand the edge of it is easy to lift up a little. That might let the underside of the shield to get dirty along the edge and it will begin to peal up over time. That happened to me with the Zagg and I see the same thing is possible here.

Update March 28, 2013.
I'm still using the ArmorSuit, it has not been damaged even though I use the iPod Touch every day. It has not lifted off the surface of the iPod Touch. I'm pretty happy with it after five months.

Update July 12, 2013
I damaged my ArmorSuit. I know they have a lifetime replacement but I didn't try to take advantage of it because the damage was clearly my fault. Guess what I ordered to replace it? Another ArmorSuit MilitaryShield. In fact I also recently replaced the screen protectors on both my wife's and son's iPod Touch 4 devices with ArmorSit shields. We are all very happy with how clear they are, especially my wife and son who's screens were not quite clear with the other protectors they had been using.
I've used ArmorSuit products on all my i-devices and they've never let me down. This product is no different. The final screen protection (after installation and curing) is superior to peel and stick screen protectors, resisting scratches and scrapes. Virtually invisible to the naked eye.

The screen touch sensitivity isn't affected by the MilitaryShield, and it will absorb scratches and 'self-heal', so that you don't see them after a time. You will see fingerprints, but they are easily removed. (They easily wipe off with a microfiber cloth.)

If you've not used ArmorSuit MilitaryShield products in the past, be sure to check out the tutorial on their website prior to installation. *Click 'Installation' for both written directions and a video.

It's a bit daunting at first because you're using liquid on your device, however if you are careful and don't over-spray (saturating and getting liquid into ports), the finished product will make you very happy.

I suggest putting down a slide-resistant surface like Duck 1100392 Non-Adhesive Select Easy Shelf Liner, Autumn Red, 12-Inch Wide 10-Square-Feet or similar, prior to installation. Have an area prepared where your iPod can sit for at least 24 hours without being turned on or played with, so the MilitaryShield has time to adhere fully to the screen.

Take your time and do the prep work, and this screen protector will do its job and be backed by a great company. (I've messed up the installation on an iPad before, and the company sent me a replacement without an issue.)

NOTE: The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield doesn't provide direct impact protection for your screen. The best defense to that is a case like the Evecase OhMyCase! Leatherette Cover Wallet Folio with Built-in Card Slots and Stand for The New Apple iPod Touch 5 5th Generation (2012 Version) - Black, which allows you to use the MilitaryShield on your device for additional protection.
on October 19, 2012
The package comes with several things: first, of course, is the screen protector; another is a non-toxic solution that assists in applying the screen protector; A package with a lint-free cloth and "shield" that helps smooth out the protector; and an instruction manual. The instructions were clear and concise and there's even an instruction video. Overall, the packaging was professional and does not look like those cheap knock-offs.

The screen protector is as it said it is; it is scratch proof and ultra-tough. Trust me, I tried to scratch it with my keys. Even if it does scratch a bit, it is a "heals" by itself. Another advantage is that there is a lifetime replacement warranty. All of this for about $10 is very well worth it.
on June 29, 2014
I've bought ZAGG products in the past, but noticed ArmorSuit a few years ago and thought to try it out. I initially bought one for a 7" Samsung tablet I bought and had issues with it, unfortunately I lost my receipt/proof-of-purchase so didn't bother with the warranty replacement on it (which is LIFETIME by the way). I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy 8.4 and my son has a iPod Touch 5G with one of those cheap protectors on it.

I figured it was time to buy a new protector for him and the price for ArmorSuit (compared to others) just can't be beat.

Installing the protector is easy after you've done one, I was able to install this inside of 5-minutes once everything was set-up and ready to go -- in fact you may spend more time in preparing the area and wiping down the device to ensure it's clean and free of any fingerprints/oil etc.,

I LOVE the feel of the protector on the devices, it feels better than the glass that is on it and it may be psychological but I feel that the touch screen is greatly enhanced as well.

The protector goes on easily and once it's set is smooth to the touch any small bubbles disappear within a few days.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting ArmorSuit as a screen protector -- avoid the cheap $$ protectors that don't work and look bad. ArmorSuit is the best (in fact am going to buy one for my wife's iPhone 5s).
on November 28, 2012
I didn't read any reviews before buying this, but did read some today after I put armorsuit on my ipod.
I can't believe some people using their USER ERROR as an excuse for labeling this a bad/worst product ever.

I rate this 5 STARS because I viewed the video's and believe in the product.
Also, the video's were helpful and took away and doubt I had about installing the sheet on the face of my ipod.
Spending $405.00 on any item, needs protection and I will recommend this one to anyone looking to guard their treasure.
I have zero regrets.

This middle aged mama is eager to rock and roll in 12 hours after the armorsuit dries!
on September 28, 2016
This is the brand I buy for all of my electronics and again am very pleased with the purchase. It is extremely easy to install once you watch the video tutorial and read the instructions. After several years of using this brand I've never had a screen break.
Generally Military shield does a good job, but I continually saw dirt trappings with this application. Wasn't worth sending it back because of time and money to do so. Buyers remorse.
on November 23, 2012
The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield for the iPod 5G gives every appearance of being a very fine product. Watch their video 2-3 times; get a good working area; things laid out; then go for it. The shield has roughly 1/64" clearance between its edge and that of the iPod's case (little wiggle room), so pay attention and get the shield positioned the first time. As the application fluid dries it becomes increasingly difficult to reposition the shield. Be "very gentle" in smoothing the shield out, holding it with your finger, being particularly vigilant for movement. Let the shield "rest" for at least 24 hours. It will probably look like an abject failure when you "revisit" it, but a squirt of the application fluid, and rubbing with the applicator cloth will clean it right up; this may have to be repeated. Bubbles, and other imperfections will disappear within 72 hours. My electronic toys are treated with TLC, and their protective covers have served me well. The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield might be considered a pain to install, because you're impatient, but the end result looks much nicer than "static" type applied shields, and the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield has shown absolutely no finger prints. I'd have not reservations about purchasing it again...patience is the key. The shield has been in use for 2 weeks now, and appears to be working just fine.
on September 15, 2015
This is a resilient screen shield. My daughter has iPod touch cases for her 5th generation that fit snuggly around the screen and cause the shield to bubble up around the corners, but as soon as she switches to a case that isn't so tight, the shield bounces right back without having to be removed and adjusted. It is a neat product. It responds perfectly to your finger on the touchscreen, even though the shield is made of a thicker material. It is crystal clear and if you make an indention with your nail, etc., within seconds it is literally bouncing back repairing itself. Amazing product!
on July 20, 2013
This item is as clear as glass. I was nervous about applying fluid to such an expensive item but there were no issues.

I have absolutely no restraint and i used the product far more quickly then they said i should have after the application and I have had no issues.

Lining up the holes takes a little bit of time but this product does actually make it easy to redo.

The only flaw I have seen is that after about 5 months one of the corners has started to peel a bit, I do have to admit though that I give this thing some abuse, it is always being rubbed back and forth in my pocket.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.