Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Garmin eTrex GPS Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on June 6, 2014
This Is a Must have item. At first I had an issue with it and a Bubble in it but after it got to about 8,400 feet where I have our other house It all but went away. and smoothed right out and as clear as can be.
Much like putting on a iPhone Protective cover it may look like its full of bubbles but as it says it will smooth out in just a few days or in my case only a week.
I did contact the company and they were real good at getting back but found out I did not need to replace it.
And this Unit lives on My Suzuki 750 King Quad on a Ram System and in the dirt and dust of Colorado back country each and every day when I'm out their.
Or if it's in my Truck to see the exact speed I am doing it too is clear as can be.

One tip is to make sure you never pull on it when putting it on and (DO NOT TOUCH) the INSIDE surface or you will leave fingerprints on it and I was very careful in doing Just that, also make sure the surface is as clean as possible with no dust or fingerprints on the surface your putting it on. Learned this after putting many others on other items over the years.

Very well made and holds up to date.

Great Product and backed by the Company.
on November 6, 2015
This item was even better than the description! It was very easy to install on the device, the u-Tube video link they provided was useful, but the written instructions would have been sufficient without the video. Basically, if you keep your fingers moistened (and it only took no more than 2-minutes to install the screen protector) but if needed, you can reapply the spray solution to your fingers as needed, Since ArmorSuit stated their screen protector could be easily removed, I resisted the urge to power up the device (as I didn't wanted to make sure the screen was a clean as it could possibly be) before I installed the screen saver. After using the enclosed squeegee to remove the few air bubbles trapped under the screen, and carefully wiping the excess moisture from around the edges after the final squeegee, I placed the unit flat on a shelf in an area of the house that receives constant air circulation from the heating/cooling unit, and left it their for 24-hours (they say it can be handled after 8 hours or so, but I wanted to make sure it was securely attached. When it was time to begin using the unit, the screen saver looked like it was actually part of the device, it was crystal clear with no bubbles, yet the touch-screen device responded perfectly, so the screen protector didn't interfere at all with the sensitivity of the unit, needless to say, I was very pleased with the product. However, due to no fault of ArmorSuit, after trying to get the device to load mapping software, it was determined the device itself was defective so I was asked to return the unit. Even though ArmorSuit states the screen protector can be removed and repositioned as necessary, I was very nervous about peeling off their product. I was able to remove the product, but I was actually surprised at how well (i.e. firm) the protector was attached to the screen. I needed to use an appropriate amount of force to remove it, but it made me feel very confident about how well their protector had "bonded" to my device. My fears about it prematurely peeling away from the screen were eased. and I felt their product would provide the protection they advertised. My defective unit will be replaced with a different model, so I won't be able to reuse the first screen protector I purchased, but I will definitely purchase one for the new model devise when it arrives.
on December 5, 2014
I've used all kinds of screen shields over the years. This one is as near to perfect as any. Goes on easy, didn't have any problems with dust or bubbles, easy enough to slide around and reposition for a minute or two, then it grabs solidly. Even after it grabbed, I noticed that I hadn't aligned the shield perfectly. I was able to peel it up, spray it a bit more, adjust it, and all was good.

At first, the shield seemed to degrade the look of the screen, making it all pixellated. I crossed my fingers that it was just because it was still wet under the plastic. Sure enough, the next day, it was fine.
on October 9, 2014
Easy to install with video instructions directed to from paper instructions. I covered a big scratch on my GPS with the Screen Protector and now you can't see the scratch anymore! That's better than what I bargained for!
on May 21, 2015
When I received my Garmin eTrex 30 (same size screen as eTrex 10 and 20 ) some time ago, I immediately went to Amazon to search for a ZAGG lifetime screen protector, like I have done with all my gadgetry. Well for some reason they (ZAGG) do not make a screen protector for that GPSr. After many months of using cheap, ineffective, have to cut it out yourself, throw away "protectors" from the local office stores, I found out "through the grapevine" that I should search ArmorSuit MilitaryShield on Amazon. Saw just what I thought I needed and in two days had the product in hand. After watching the tutorial online, pretty much same procedure as ZAGG but ArmorShield gives you PLENTY of solution and a very handy microfiber cloth, I proceeded to make the installation without a hitch. I let it set a couple of days and that GPSr never looked better! Crystal clear and no bubbles, fingerprints etc. I have heard from my friends they have an extremely customer friendly lifetime warranty, which if like ZAGG you will never have to use!
I highly recommend this wonderful product and will purchase protectors from ArmorShield for all my future toys!

See ya'
on October 18, 2014
So glad they make this for the etrex20! the plastic display sticks out past the body on the Garmin, this is the part most likely to get scratched first. the screen protector is clear and covers the entire screen with a cutout for the toggle. Any bubbles will go away when it drys (it did for me)
on December 16, 2015
I hadn't realized it was one of the soft flexible screen protectors or I would have purchased something else. I find the soft ones to be a little more difficult to install and it has a little bit of orange peel texture. My preference is the hard ones.

That said, it comes with a nice little kit for installing and there's a good installation video. For my GPS that doesn't get used daily it's fine.
on March 7, 2015
I gave the product 5 stars based on ease of installation only. My history of installation of protective shields is disappointing at best. When I purchased my latest cellphone. I was given the option of 3 cheap protectors for $10, which is the way I usually go, or the Armorsuit with lifetime warranty which they would put on themselves. Again with my history I would have screwed up two of the cheap protectors and gotten a marginal install on the third. And the one I did get on would have looked like crap in 60 days or less. So I watched them install the Armorsuit and was impressed with how the spray used made it possible to get a nice clean bubble free installation. 9 months later the Armorsuit still looks great. So when I purchased a handheld GPS I once again had to choose between the cheapie or the Armorsuit. I went for the Armorsuit, followed the installation video and amazed myself. Now we wait to see if it holds up as well as the one on my phone. Thanks Armorsuit
on March 29, 2015
Easy to install and seems very durable. I've had my eTrex on a motorcycle through some nastyness, and stuffed into pockets, backpacks, and it's staying on great.

Does not hurt the readability of the screen at all either.
on February 28, 2016
I had a Garmin GPS 62sc but unfortunately lost it. I could not afford to get another one like it and so I purchased this one. Some of it's features are better such as the tilt wheel. However, it is missing several nice feature that I wish it had. It does not have a chirp feature but more important is the compass only gives a direction when you are moving. With the 62sc I could search for a geocache by itself but with the ETrex I still need to use a smart phone with a compass. But unless you are willing to spend another $100 that is the only option.

The batteries do last longer than they did with the 62sc.