- BUY 2 and SAVE 5% each item offered by Heezy Here's how (restrictions apply)
Arnberg Industries HTS15-MAN Generator Transfer Switch Powers Gas Furnace, Boiler or Pumps up to 1875 Watts 15 Amp One Circuit
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SIMPLE - Use on any 15 Amp 120-volt circuit, natural/propane gas furnace, boiler, freezer.
- EASY DIY - Pre-wired with 18" Flex Conduit with hardware needed for most installs
- UNIVERSAL - Works with all Generators, Inverter Battery Backup or Solar Power Systems
- SAVE GAS - Power only what you need and use a smaller generator that sips gas!
- SIMPLE - Anyone who can start a Generator can use this! Stay Prepared for "The Next Storm"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The HTS15 transfer switch allows for smaller & quieter generators to be used. If you have the HTS15 installed only on your gas furnace, it would allow you to only need a generator large enough to handle that load.
For example, most gas furnaces draw less than 500 Watts running, so a large generator won't be necessary.
Your thermostat will still turn your furnace on/off as it normally would after startup of your furnace you can plug lights & accessories into the generator while your house warms back up.
Most people can run their small generator for less than an hour for all their needs, and use a fraction of the gas & noise of a large generator. During an extensive power outage you can keep your family happy with a warm home and your food safe on just a few gallons of gas.
Our transfer switch was designed to be used by the new inverter generators to power High Efficiency gas furnaces, we Guarantee it will work with your setup and have yet to have one returned due to not being compatible with any equipment.
The transfer switch comes all ready for install, with 18” of flexible conduit, hardware kit and only 5 wires to hook up! Our step by step installer guide makes it easy for anyone to install it themselves
To use simply plug a standard 15 amp extension cord into the power outlet on your generator and into the built-in plug on the transfer switch, Flip the switch from Main Line to Gen Plug and now your running your equipment off the generator, it's that easy!
Safe and easy for anyone in the family to use, don’t go through another power outage without heat.
Click Add to Cart and be prepared for the next power outage!
Top customer reviews
- You can shorten the conduit to whatever length is needed/appropriate for your installation. You can either bend/twist it to break it to length or use side cutters or something similar to cut it. Just be sure to not cut the wires.
- When connecting the tires from the transfer switch to the wires from the breaker/appliance, make sure to first run through through the hole of the box where they were originally from. In the video you see him do this, but on paper it doesn't mention doing so. The last step of the instructions says to put all the wires back and recover them, but without having run the wires through the small hole you can't do this, obviously.
Both of the above things are probably from my inexperience, so I don't fault the product or company at all for not mentioning it. I only bring it up here to help others if they choose to try installing it themselves. All in, it probably took me 45 minutes, and that included drilling a 1/2" hole in the panel to run the wires through because I didn't have an available knock-out on the side I had to mount my switch on. You should not hesitate trying this yourself.
Edited to add: This is a complete kit including wire nuts and several types of screws for mounting. No trip to the hardware store for odds and ends to install! As it is explained to me this switch transfers the neutral and ground as well as hot...this may be necessary if you have a newer furnace and are using an inverter generator. If you choose another brand verify they are not just transfering the hot wire. This is a small manufactuer that cares about customer satisfaction. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
The only issue I had (and it was minor) was where I decided to mount the switch. The best location was right next to my service panel and the 90 degree screw cable clamp needed to be replaced with a straight clamp. In one of their videos they mentioned they'd send a straight one if requested, but I decided to go to the local hardware store and pick one up and exchanged it out.
Very nice to see high quality products made in the USA. On top of that the support is excellent.