Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Guitar Pro 6
|Price:||$43.04 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$6.91 (14%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Win/mac Hybrid, Is The Ultimate Toolbox For The Guitarist
- Includes All The Tools Needed To Improve, Compose & Accompany On The Guitar
- The Simple & Intuitive Multitrack Tablature Editor Is Specifically Designed For Guitar, Bass Or Other Stringed Instruments
- Guitar Pro 6 is the standard in guitar tablature editing, now with 40 new features, a new interface and mixing table, and more improvements
- Provides an optimal display of your score, together with all the tools you need for editing, sound-setting, and playing your instrument
- Quickly and easily capture the notes with the keyboard, mouse, or a MIDI instrument, then play back to facilitate composing or learning
- Features tools like chord and scale libraries, tuner, metronome, virtual fretboard/keyboard--
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The ultimate toolbox for the guitarist. Click to enlarge.
All the tools you need to improve, compose and accompany yourself on the guitar. Click to enlarge.
Switch from tablature view to standard notation for viewing or editing scores. Click to enlarge.
Request any chord in any tuning, and Guitar pro will display all possible finger positions for you.
Guitar Pro 6 features the newest in playback technology including RSE - Realistic Sound Engine. RSE gives you real time playback of your scores with realistic sound samples taken from high quality guitars and real time effects such as wah-wah. Advanced notation features add drum notation, vocal notation and tablature support for any stringed instruments with four to seven strings. The newest version, Guitar Pro 6.0, includes over 40 new features while improving on those that have made it the most popular guitar tablature editor available.
Known for its ease of use, Guitar Pro allows you to enter notes by using keyboard keys, mouse clicks on an on-screen fretboard or directly through a connected MIDI device, all in just a few minutes. This revolutionary software can handle up to 256 tracks and you can switch from tablature view to standard notation for viewing or editing scores. With automatically calculated rhythms, Guitar Pro works out the note durations for you, and when you play the score, the music scrolls along with you, rendering guitar-specific effects like bends and slides.
Also included in Guitar Pro are a digital guitar tuner, a chord diagram engine, and a scales tool. You can easily import and export MIDI and ASCII tab formats allowing Guitar Pro to be used with a limitless number of songs. Tens of thousands of Guitar Pro format files are available on the Internet. The WAVE Export allows you to convert a Guitar Pro file into an audio file which is playable without Guitar Pro and can be burned onto an audio CD.
With its ease-of-use, versatility and variety of tools, Guitar Pro will have you creating music in no time!
- Multitrack/monotrack display, horizontal or vertical scrolling, the screen display adjusts to your preferences and score types.
- Chord Diagram editor allows you to easily add chord diagrams to your score. Ask for any chord in any tuning and Guitar Pro will show you every diagram possible.
- Scales Tool allows you to view and listen to a large number of scales, from the most common to the most exotic.
- Digital or MIDI Tuner allows you to tune your guitar for every tuning possible, from 4- to 7-strings.
- Fretboard (or Keyboard) allows you to view and enter notes on the score. It is able to show the notes of the current beat, but also the notes for the next beat, the complete bar or the selected scale.
- Metronome gives the tempo while playing a score or even without playing it.
- Professional Quality Paper Printings can be monotrack or multitrack. This way you can print several views of the same score, perfect for a band.
New Features for Guitar Pro 6:
- Over 50 pedal effects and numerous sound banks (guitar, bass, drums, piano, orchestral etc.)
- A New MDI User Interface (including full screen mode)
- Piano Grand Staff
- Rhythm slash
- Simile marks
- Concert tone
- Parametric equalization on each track
- Configurable tones
- Tap tempo
- Jazz fonts
“Guitar Pro is an intelligent, simple, clear and precise tool … the standard of its field.”
“Complete and easy to use … for a very low price considering its possibilities…”
“Guitar Pro is unquestionably the best that can be found in the field of tablature editing for the PC.”
Top Customer Reviews
1) It is way harder to figure out, less intuitive, than version 5/4.
2) It seems to have less options, but it does have some effects, etc.
3) The layout is a space hog.
4) it is unfriendly with soft synths, particularily emulator x3. It likes to suddenly freeze and stop playback; I think I have associated that with 'autosave'
5) Using RSE, sometimes notes wont sound????? For example, 2 snare hits with 2 quarter notes, as a triplet feel, and the second one won't sound.
6) No options to set up the audio. I have an advanced audio system, and I can't find where to set sample rate, etc.
7) Where are the bar cut/paste options like in GP5, where you could select how many bars to copy/cut or paste?
8) Where did the easy to use mix table go to????
9) How come I can't get tablature with a piano grand staff?
I don't like using the RSE because I have a lot of expensive samples. However, The drumkit in the RSE sounds very good--that's the best feature of it. For the rest, i would prefer to use my soft synths. But when you are moving happily along then suddenly--bang! Exception, blue screen of death, all my work down the crapper--I am paranoid to use soft synths.
10) Oddball errors when updating--first, it failed to update the banks, I wasted a lot of time downloading them, then it said--get this--my USER ID and Key was incorrect. It showed them on the screen, and they are exactly the same ones on the product! But I could still use it.
11) The guitar tuner doesnt work.Read more ›
Along comes version 6, and I upgrade. Lo and behold, the ability to import and play a Power Tab file is now crippled. It may import, but if it does, the odds are pretty good it won't play properly. And before you get ready to reply, "It imports and plays for me," take a deep breath and listen to what you are getting. A/B it with what comes out of GP 5 and you will see what I mean. Oh, and you couldn't do this in the trial version so there was no way of knowing that this had happened. There are a number of users on the Arobas forum who actually think these files are supposed to sound like this. Also note that for some reason, some GP 5 files (or from versions before that) don't even import correctly, although I haven't yet figured out what causes that for one but not the other. Incremental/fix version used for transcription/save maybe.
The workaround for these woes, if you have an up to date copy of GP 5, is to import it into that, save it in the Guitar Pro format, and then read it into GP 6. BTW, I figured that out myself - they were absolutely no help in coming up with it. And it's instructive that when the first complaints came out, their initial response was hostility first and silence afterward. At this stage they have barely acknowledged it, and only recently have made some statements to the effect that they will work on "improving" Power Tab support.Read more ›
This program is great, for the most part. Unfortunately it's glitchy, crashes and the customer support from Arobas is abysmal. Shame on all of you!!
I'm really just extremely mad right now. When you work for dozens of hours scoring out pieces and the program crashes for NO REASON and will not allow you to access the file you can become a bit resentful. It doesn't matter how much I've saved, if GP6 doesn't want to have a file anymore then I can never get it back. And don't go to Arobas if you need help. You'll be lucky if they even ever get back to you.
Update(12/12/2014): As I mentioned before, this program crashes. It has many wonderful features that other reviewers have mentioned but I will still give this program a one-star review based on the following: I have never encountered a program of any kind that crashes and literally destroys its own files so badly that the program cannot access them anymore. I can't number how many times this has happened. It seems to be related to the size of the file. Anything over three tracks and 3 minutes in length risks crashing and irretrievably corrupting it's own file. This is a truly astonishing feat of amateurish programming on the part of Arobas. A program corrupting it's own files??? This is a very fundamental bug that I can't believe made it through the quality control process. The only real saving and back-up option is to constantly export files as midis and if the file does permanently crash then you can import the midi. But be prepared to correct the rhythms, key, fingering and whatever other notes or information that are in the score.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great software, would be a 5 star if they would focus more on the presentation and practice value of the software rather than the playback quality.Published 22 days ago by JR
While I normally love Presonus software such as Studio One, Progression 3 comes with almost no help, documentation of videos on how to use it. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Michael K. Keilhofer
Full of bugs and tech support is absolute garbage. I think Finale has a similar software. I recommend that instead.Published 2 months ago by ABenz99
Using it on a very new MacBook Pro.
Crashes every time I fire it up, Crashes no matter how I use it. Even crashes when I look at it. Read more
Guitar Pro 6 is terrific. I use it to tab out music, combine rhythm and lead parts, compose-listen-compose, and practice. I particularly like it for practice... Read morePublished 3 months ago by A Reader
I tried to find a software to help me to play guitar as a techer, but this software didn't respond to my first expectation but help me on others, I have o recognize it s a pretty... Read morePublished 4 months ago by len
I wish i could honestly review this but seeing as it's day 3 of trying to activate I can't. Guitar pro site keeps changing the caseing of the letters in my user id when i try to... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer