Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 25, 2015
I have my old Aroma rice cooker for over 15 years, my older sister passed it down to me actually lol... and it is still in good working condition! But the pot inside is getting old and the breaker (person that breaks things) at my house, aka my husband just damaged the electric cord so it's time for a new rice cooker~~ We are both amazed with the quality of our old Aroma so we when we need a new rice cooker, we have our mind set on Aroma, no other brand.

20 cup is just the right size for us, we use it to make rice, vegetables, chicken, pork, etc. The new one has more functions, a delay timer, option for white and brown rice, saute, and keep warm. Comes with a scooper, a measuring cup, and a steamer tray. Everything is to my liking except two things. 1. The lid is NOT removable, making it hard to clean since we cook more than just rice. 2. The electrical cord is not retractable so when it's not in used, the cord will be dangling. We are comparing to our old one so we kind of expected these two features. Due to the non-removable lid, I will need to return it because I know we will not be able to keep it clean. But I am buying another Aroma, also the 20 cup, stainless steel with a glass lid. :) Doesn't have all the fancy functions, just a simple cook and warm button but that's what our old one has. Looking forward to it and I will be posting a review for that one when it arrives.

Hope you find my review helpful. :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
38 helpful votes
39 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 7, 2017
The 20 cup rice cooker from Aroma is a real time saver
I have had cheap rice cookers before that weren't worth the money
This Aroma cooker makes perfect rice every time
Just press one button and you are good to go
I definitely recommend buying one if you are looking for a rice cooker you can trust
on May 29, 2017
Takes 30-45 minutes to cook white rice, no matter the amount.
The rice made is well made, doesn't burn. I like the fact that water doesn't drip everywhere when the lid is lifted.
I will be trying the saute and steam function soon, I didn't know it could do that.
on September 15, 2017
After breaking my favorite rice cooker, I was left with no choice but to buy a new one. However, this rice cooker is definitely not as good as the last one I had. Overall, the Aroma Housewares Rice Coker is ok.

It has a nice design and it's easy to use but the rice it makes can be a letdown sometimes. For instance, I made rice yesterday and found the top cooked well but the lower half was still hard. In the instances when the rice is perfect, the leftover rice will burn quickly when left on warm mode so if you're gonna make some rice, make sure it's finished ASAP (no more than 3 hours). You might as well throw away whatever's remaining cause all you'll have left is hard, inedible rice.
on July 24, 2017
This is my second Aroma rice cooker. I had the first one for several years, but made the mistake of washing the bowl part in the dishwasher which eventually caused the nonstick material to wear off. Now I gently hand wash it. I've used it several times and it's still like new.
on September 28, 2017
This is a Amazon warehouse deal. It doesn't have any defects. It is like new and perfectly working.
This was a great deal for me.
This rice cooker received within two days and it was in the original box.
Don't hesitate to buy warehouse deal.
on April 11, 2017
Love this cooker, I don't know how I have lived without it for so long. It is fast and easy to use. Rice comes out great, steamed veggies so far have been perfect. Great for a massive pot of rice for get togethers!
on November 27, 2016
I am all about simple. This is as simple as it gets. You put in the amount of rice and water that the package recommends, you hit the start button, and shortly you have your rice.

There are two things you need to be aware of. First, don't follow the cookers directions. But, instead use the water and rice mixture recommended on the package. Second, I always end up with some browned rice on the bottom. But, I'm willing to put up with it for the convenience.

If I were scoring this based on simplicity and convenience, it would score 5 out of 5.
on August 22, 2016
Structurally sound. Large capacity. Did not research this product enough. Very nice steamer but I do not like the angle in the bottom. You have to be very careful when sitting pan in and closing lid. I don't like that it only gives you a choice for only 20 minutes steam time when you set it manually. These are personal choices. The product works as described. I personally would not buy this particular steamer again.
on April 20, 2016
This works really well! As long as you follow directions it will never steer you wrong! Good quality rice produced. One note though is that the direction says add "cups of uncooked rice" and this means the cup that the rice cooker comes with. This cup is not actual measurement cup size but closer to 3/4-5/6 cup. Important to know as otherwise your rice will come out dry and stiff as you will be putting in too much rice compared to water!