Aroma Housewares ADF-212 Smart Fry XL Digital Dual-Basket Deep Fryer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Double-capacity programmable deep fryer cooks up to 6 pounds of food at a time
- 20-cup-capacity enameled oil tank with min/max indicators; immersible heating element
- Digital control panel; 10 preprogrammed settings; adjustable temperature; 30-minute timer
- Includes extra-large basket, 2 side-by-side baskets, and 2 charcoal filters
- Measures approximately 14-2/5 by 11 by 17-3/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
When I chose this fryer, I deliberated for days. When it arrived and I examined the device, I was pretty sure I had chosen wisely. The heating elements and mechanisms reminded me of a small scale restaurant quality fryer.
The first time we used it, we had a fish fry for 6 people with fried pickles, onion rings, and ocean perch. Awesome! I was not disappointed. The unit worked flawlessly. The unit comes with two half baskets and a single large basket which were perfect for the different combinations of items we were frying. Our batters were fried crip, the unit maintained good temps, there was no burning, heat was evenly distributed, clean up was easy.
One side note, frying in your home will make your home smell like KFC or Long John Silvers, depending on what you are frying. It will linger for days. I use it outside on the deck to avoid this problem.
The construction is simple and the unit is fairly attractive if you like the look of professional grade stainless equipment. You can't go wrong with this one! Buy it. Buy it now. What are you waiting for? :)
Previously I had a Delonghi, which was a great design but did not hold the temperature very well and eventually the drain hose began leaking (oddly they do not sell replacement hoses which is really ridiculous). I had never heard of Aroma before, but figured for this price it was worth a shot. Turned out to be a great purchase.
Much larger well than some of the other fryers I checked out and allows for the basket to submerge fairly deep. No problem covering the items fully in the oil.
Because of its size, the temperature stays pretty consistent, even when the basket is full.
Heats up fairly quickly considering the size of the well.
Pretty easy to clean, and the design of the well (it separates from the rest of the unit) makes it much easier to drain than I though it might.
Temperature gauge seems accurate
I HATE the way the timer on this is done... It's handled via a multi-function button, which you can easily screw up when you are in a hurry. No easy way to just put it "3 minutes" and let it go. For some people this will be less of a deal breaker than others, but seriously - I would pay 10 bucks more for the same unit with a real stand-alone easy-to-program timer.
Overall I highly recommend, especially if you do large batches of fries or tortillas. This is a great product for the money.
1) It took 18 minutes to reach 375F from room temperature. Three relatively quiet beeps indicate the set temp. is reached. This could benefit from being louder when you have kids and TV noise in the background. As mentioned in other reviews the filtered exhaust is right in front of the control unit, so you have to be careful not to get steamed when accessing the controls - approach from the side.
2) The manual doesn't explain how to use the timer manually, concentrating on the 10 built-in pre-sets for food types. I have determined that the timer can only be set once the oil has reached the temperature you have programmed in. Once the oil reaches temperature and the 3 beeps have occurred, press the temp/timer button to display the timer. Set the timer to your desired time (30 second increments, then press the on/off button. The timer will immediately start to count down. Disappointment: The timer can only be set when the oil is at the set temp. If you add food and the temp drops from the desired setting, pressing the on/off button to start the timer results in you shutting the fryer off! You can adjust the timer once it starts even if the temp is low. A major design flaw is that the timer appears to turn off the power when the timer has counted down to zero! The manual says the beeper will sound when the timer has counted down to zero. I didn't hear it! RECOMMENDATION: Just use another timer and ignore the built-in. This one is too complicated for its own good and you risk getting scalded anyway.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I did a lot of research before purchasing this fryer. Even if your frying needs are small, it's worthwhile to have a fryer of a decent size to help maintain the oil temperature... Read morePublished 2 months ago by B. Perry
Love this. The handles are a little flmisy, so be careful how much weight is in each basketPublished 6 months ago by Melissa Hall
I put on 450lbs because of this wonderful contraption. Doctors say I only have 6 weeks to live but if I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing.Published 22 months ago by rigs
I bought this fryer in 2009, I loved it, my food wasn't greasy, it was fast much better than using a regular frying pan. Read morePublished on May 27, 2014 by K. LANGSTON