Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) Pot-Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Black ARC-743-1NGB
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Multi-functional use – whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (Yes, cake!) you can accomplish it all with Your arc-743-1ng cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.. Cord length : 38 Inches
- Item Shape: Round
- Included Components: This pot-style rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, an aluminum steam tray, rice measuring cup, and a plastic rice spatula.
- Fabric Type: Metal
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Striving to design and distribute a line of products that enhance and enrich lives.
6-Cup (Cooked) Pot-Style Rice Cooker & Food Steamer
Enjoy easy home cooking with the Aroma 6-Cup (Cooked) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer. Restaurant-quality rice. Healthy steamed meals. Delicious one-pot dishes. Prepare all this and more at the flip of a switch! Aroma takes the 'cook' out of home cooking turning kitchen time into your time. Help the kids with homework, get creative at play time or pick up that novel you've been waiting to dive into. All while delivering hot, hearty and healthy meals the entire family will love.
Simple One-Touch Design
Cooking has never been easier. With the simple press of a button, you can cook incredibly fluffy rice in no time. We love this 'set it and forget it' concept and we know you will too!
The unique steam tray accessory allows for perfectly cooked veggies, poultry, fish, and more in one, compact cooker. Have a delicious meal without sacrificing quality any night of the week!
Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (yes, cake!) you can accomplish it all with your ARC-743-1NG cooker. The possibilities are as endless as your creativity.
Everything You Could Need
This pot-style rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, an aluminum steam tray, rice measuring cup, and a plastic rice spatula.
Our Vision and Values
Listening to our customers is how we’re able to provide products that are convenient, innovative, and valuable. Ultimately, it’s how we provide products that offer life enriching experiences for our customers and their families-fostering greater harmony in the world we all share. Aroma’s core values stem from an unrelenting desire to create products that make your life easier, a whole-hearted dedication to the community and a focus on fostering meaningful and lasting relationships with others.
Enjoy easy home cooking with the aroma 6-cup (cooked) pot style rice cooker and food steamer. Restaurant-quality rice. Healthy steamed meals. Delicious one-pot dishes. Prepare all this and more at the flip of a switch! Aroma takes the "cook" Out of home cooking - turning kitchen time into your time! Help the kids with homework, get creative at play time or pick up that novel you've been waiting to dive into. All while delivering hot, hearty and healthy meals the entire family will love. Steam tray, rice measuring cup and serving spatula included.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Wash rice a few times beforehand to minimize water spillage on your counter.
2. For the appropriate amount of water, fill water level to about the first knuckle of your index finger when touching the top of the rice (for jasmine rice). Plug in cooker (there is no on/off button) and press down button to begin cooking.
3. Rice will finish cooking in about 20 minutes. There's no warning except that the button to cook will automatically pop up to the warm function. Immediately unplug the cooker or the bottom of the rice will burn and be hard to clean. The warm feature is useless.
4. Do not remove the lid of the rice cooker right away or the rice will still stick to the bottom of the pot. It won't be burned a different color but it will still be difficult to clean without being soaked in water for over an hour. Instead, move the rice pot off the cooker burner, lid still on, and set it aside to cool for five to ten minutes. When you do remove the lid later to fluff up the rice, none of it will be stuck to the bottom, and the pot will be a breeze to clean.
And that's about it. Makes a good amount of rice for one or two people.
Will it cook rice? Yes.
Will it spray starchy water everywhere (i.e the floor, the counter, the cabinets, the wall, etc.)? Yes
Will it burn the rice to the bottom of the pot before if finishes cooking the rice?. Yes.
If you want to be annoyed and saddened every time you make rice definitely buy this rice cooker. Or spend a little more and get one that you do not want to smash with a hammer each time you use it. I wish I had. "Amazon" apparently never used this cooker before it made it an Amazon Choice.
The next worst is a cup+ of Forbidden rice. When I cook jasmine rice, the mess is mostly confined to the inside of the cooker, but I don't recommend using this without something behind it to catch all the spattering of starchy spray it sputters out.
In fact, I don't recommend this at all. I know that there are other brands of this size that are made exactly the same way, and they likely make a huge mess, too. The mandatory keep warm feature is not a feature, but a bug of a cheaply made product. It means that if you want to leave your house while it cooks, you can't. If you want to have it cool for use in other dishes, you can't. You have to stay home and set a timer so you can go turn it off (I keep mine plugged into a switch which is plugged into an outlet).
The worst part about this purchase, for me, was that I had and donated a perfectly good smaller cooker which did not make a mess and shut off when it was done, like you'd expect. I thought I would treat myself to something which cooked larger quantities. Which this does, making an even bigger mess.
Yuck. Just don't.
On the contrary, it's a breeze to clean and the rice does not stick to it! Even when the rice is slightly burnt it scoops right out. The rice-maker does spit out water from the little steam hole on the lid (when making rice only). I just cover the hole with a small heat safe tupperware container leaving a little space for the heat to escape to prevent the starch from getting all over my kitchen counter. Overall I am satisfied with my purchase!
Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup UNCOOKED) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer (ARC-743-1NGB)
Top reviews from other countries
It's hard to find one that makes one cup if rice, so the benefit of not throwing away 3/4 of every batch makes up for the potential for browning.
But it does start to brown the bottom rice immediately once the warm cycle kicks in. Unplug it right away and you'll be fine.
Now I'm going to glue a bell on the switch so I have some idea when the rice pops.
La vaporera lo malo es que escurre, entonces hay que poner algo para que no escurra al arroz que esta abajo, pero funciona super bien