Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on February 20, 2011
An interesting and informative book. I especially liked the tables of different microbes and what oils were effective against them. I also liked the case histories. The book is British, so some of the information was not relevent to me in Australia. Having said that, there was a helpful section on laws and trends in other countries, including Australia.Overall, I highly recommend this book to health care professionals, especially nurses.
on September 10, 2010
I am currently studying aromatherapy and am constantly on the look out for good reference books to add to my library. This is one of my favorites. I have not read it through entirely but the parts I have read have been very informative. I highly recommend this to an aromatherapist, a student of aromatherapy or someone with aromatherapy knowledge. This is not a book for someone who wants to teach themselves aromatherapy.
on April 10, 2007
Although I haven't finished this book, what I have read so far is easy to understand and thorough. I purchased it in order to study for standardized exams after completing my certification as an Aromatherapist, and the book is not only detailed and informative, but interesting and engaging to read.
on September 6, 2013
I use this book as a reference guide for the aromatherapy we use in a hospice inpatient facility. I've found it to be helpful in this setting, and also to be helpful for non-hospice issues as well.
on September 11, 2014
great book
on April 5, 2002
I had read several books on essential oils and aromatherapy. Some were filled with anti-Western medicine rhetoric, others were focused on cosmetics, while others contained good anecdotes with recipes interspersed. I use these, but was looking for something else, which I couldn't really articulate.
I haven't finished reading this, but it is exactly what I was looking for. It combines practical application with reasonable science while focusing on healing.
The book is written in the context of the UK medical system, which doesn't match the US system very well, but it isn't hard to generalize the concepts to a different venue.
In the back are several appendices listing the recommendations and summarizing the findings.
Definitely worth the time and money.
on October 25, 2009
To anybody who is interested in Aromatherapy and mostly to health professionals who wants to learn more about helping people by applying aromatherapy, this book is one of the best. I have bought over 15 books about aromatherapy but this one is one of the 2 books that I always go back to.
on March 19, 2006
This book along with Kurt Schnubelts books is a must have. Anyone entering into the world of essential oils needs to know all they can about each oil.

Please anyone who is using EOs , educate yourself on the oils you are using.
on December 2, 2008
The book arrived in great condition and in a timely manner. The service was very professional!