- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Around the Fur Explicit Lyrics
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Around The Fur [Explicit]
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Deftones improve on this album from their 1995 adrenaline release. If you just recently started listening to the Deftones, especially White Pony, this has some of White Pony's similarities but basically has a much, much harder edge. In fact, the entire CD is pretty much edgy. Here are my opinions on each song on a scale of 1 to 10:
1. My Own Summer (Shove It) - 10. No, this isn't basically Chino yelling "shove it" just for the hell of it, the words are artistic. Chino does possibly his best vocally on this track. As their most known single, it's definitely a great mood setter for the upcoming tracks.
2. Lhabia - 10. Wow! I have no idea why they didn't release this one! (Actually they could have released the entire first 8 songs for singles!) The verse is mumbled with Chino's rage, but the Chorus is extremely pleasurable to the listeners ears, wow!
3. Mascara - 10. Gorgeous. Ballad-esque. Sultry yet edgy. Chino sings the verses beautifully. But the Choruses are what stand out. "There's something about her", OH, VERY MUSICAL!
4. Around the Fur - 10. Heavy. TITLE TRACK ROCKS! Chino sings and yells just great. The riffs are catchy (damn, they always are!). Could've definitely become a major, major hit.
5. Rickets - 10. Excellent. Tool-style beats here (YES!), the chorus is so catchy that it's most memorable of the entire CD. Guitars are heavy, y'all!
6. Be Quiet and Drive Far Away - 10. Another Ballad-esque, but this time with probably the best song structure. The hookiest song on this CD, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
7. Lotion - 10. Probably the heaviest. The chorus is again catchy! Will these hooks ever end? LOL!
8. Dai the Flu - 7. It's good.Read more ›
The main thing about the Deftones, i feel, is the vocalist Chino Moreno. Many people have tried hard to sound like him, but failed. In that regard he's really very influential i think. And so is this band as a whole. But Chino Moreno totally adds so much to this music. If he left and they decided to bring in a new vocalist, i doubt it'd work. the Deftones would surely be over. Not that i think he's the greatest vocalist in the world, because i don't, i just feel he's the center of this band and i also feel he's one of the main reasons for their popularity.
the Deftones are influenced by bands such as Helmet, The Cure, Killing Joke and Joy Division, just to name a few. You can almost get the Helmet influence, but as for the others it's hard to tell. That's how unique i believe the Deftones really are. I've even heard that guitarist Stephen Carpenter is a big fan of the technical, ultra-heavy death-metal band, Meshuggah..Although the Deftones sound NOTHING like them, obviously because they are in a totally different genre, it's interesting and pretty cool to see how open-minded the Deftones seem to be about music. (More so than most other Nu-Metal/Alternative bands i know of anyway..)
There really isn't any filler songs on this CD either. That's one of the main reasons, obviously, that i give this 5/5.Read more ›
1. My Own Summer
The first single is a classic Deftones song. It opens with a killer riff from Stef Carpenter, which is echoed by Chi Cheng's omnious bass work. Chino delivers the verses in a soft, near-whisper..then lets out a series of deafening screams in the pre-chorus ('SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT!!!'). The chorus is melodic and catchy.
A heavy song in which pounding riffs in the verses lead into a slightly more melodic chorus.
The most radical thing they had done at this point in their career. Very Cure-influenced, especially in the slow, haunting verses (the chorus is heavier, but still somewhat subdued compared to typical Deftones songs). The bridge is also creepy, in which Chino sings 'It's too bad..you're married...to me..'. Amazing vocal delivery.
4. Around the Fur
The title track kicks off with a hypnotic drum pattern from Abe Cunningham. The verses contain Chino's 'normal' singing, which is a soft, almost eerie delivery..Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is one of the all time great albums ever. Arguably the Deftones greatest album as well (although plenty will find others to be their faves of course). Read morePublished 1 month ago by Peter Faden
Pretty much the best album ever. I want to blowout my eardrums just so I know when I die the last thing I will have heard is this wonderful piece of music.Published 1 month ago by Kyle W. Ramaker
Right up there with RATM ST, follow the leader, and Dookie as some of the most inspiring albums for my 14 year old self. Just amazing.Published 3 months ago by Cliff
Deftones Around The Fur. Great music, arrived on times in great shapePublished 4 months ago by Mark E.
Where it all started, this will make a Deftones fan out of anyone!Published 4 months ago by HorrorGirl