Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on January 29, 2015
I absolutely love Lisa Wingate’s novels! I started with Tending Roses and have read and enjoyed each and every one of her books.

I enjoy Lisa’s writing style, character development, unique story lines and the fact that there is always personal growth, reconciliation and redemption in her novels. Lisa always finds an interesting premise, location or historical reference that leads me to do further research on the topic presented. I also like that her books are written in series which gives me an opportunity to get to know the characters better as the story lines develop and to see how they are progressing or what they are up to once they aren’t the focal point of the current story.

While I don’t always like the personalities of the characters (I’m sure that’s Lisa’s intent) at the onset, I do grow to love them and understand and appreciate their individual challenges and personalities as the story unfolds. I have sometimes felt uncomfortable as I was being taught lessons I needed to learn about how others might be challenged or struggling in their lives and the scenarios are realistic enough that you can certainly apply them to real life situations. At the end of the book, I am always loath to leave them and feel as if they are real people that I’ve grown to know and care about.

I have been inspired by Lisa’s wisdom, challenged to become a better person, laughed, cried and fallen in love with the people and localities she writes about.

I feel I am a better person for having read these books and always appreciate the measure of grace she brings to her writing. Each book leaves a great impression on me and my heart is full for a long time after the last page is turned.

It is important to me that Lisa somehow manages to do all of this without feeling the need to use graphic language or sex scenes as I do not find that these add anything to a story.

Don’t think that her books aren’t entertaining! Lisa adds wit to go along with the wisdom! There is always a little bit of romance, too!

I hope you will take the time to pick up one of Lisa’s books. You won’t be disappointed.
on June 20, 2016
Lisa Wingate knows how to capture the human struggle and show how to win with God. Powerful stories of hope and faith written with humor and love. If you've ever lived in a small southern town you will see people you know and learn to appreciate them even more.
on October 11, 2014
I got the first book for free, and I should have known that with a Lisa Wingate, the next logical thing would be to buy all the books in the series. That's exactly what happened.

This second book is a continuation of what happened after Amber Anderson won second place in American Megastar. The focus this time is on Lauren Eldridge, who came back to Daily two years after a tragedy had her leaving town. As in the first book, the story is told from the points of view of Lauren, and a visitor to Daily, Nate Heath.

Again, this did not disappoint. There was just enough drama, wholesome romance, family, community, gospel. A very easy and light read, filled with a balance of comic, inspiration, and a bundle of life lessons.
on May 10, 2017
This is an excellent book with a timeless message. Its about a girl who's lost her way and her way back.
on March 2, 2011
I started with "Talk of the Town", the first book based in Daily Texas. This book, "Word gets around", is the second one, and is sort of a continuation, but it is not a sequel. The main characters are new, but the side characters reappear. I thought this book was far better than "Talk of the Town", which I already thought was really fun and good. "Word gets around" has a much more believable romance than TTOT, the characters are even funnier, with a bit of sad stuff thrown in that made me tear up. I really enjoyed it. I was looking on amazon for some fluffy "Christian Romance" books, and my expectations were not very high, so I was really pleasantly surprised to find that Lisa Wingate can actually write! Her characters are well developed and just really funny.

OK, the plot was a little thin, and although it's billed as a "Christian Romance", it's not really a "Christian" book. Some of the characters are Christian, and others think about God a bit, but the Christian part seems incidental. I suppose it falls in the Christian section because it's a "G-rated" book. In spite of all that, it was an enjoyable read and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a quick, light, read without sacrificing writing quality.
on April 28, 2016
This was literally the best book I've read in a long time. I was so sorry it ended. It was even better than the first and I'm thrilled that I have the 3rd in the series to read now. I'd buy any book written by Lisa Wingate. The sweetness of the story and the depth of characters created a world of feelings and emotions that will stay with me a good long time.
on November 14, 2015
One of her earlier books, but I am just finished this series. I can't wait for a new book/series from Lisa.
on January 29, 2017
The story line continues and is wonderfully written. I can just see the ladies in the Beaty shop and the men at the lunch counter. What a wonderful portrayal of small town life. Relationships matter and forgiveness matters, for yourself as much as for others. Great read!
on August 25, 2016
So much truth in this Christian romance. Finding the true romance in this life in relationship with God, family and friends, and with ourselves. So many beautiful and fun stories, struggles and laughs. The "family barbecue" was funny in the preparation stage. Delightful and engrossing tale.
on November 1, 2016
You will enjoy every single moment of this book. You'll laugh and cry. This book weaves a greater understand of each of us. How all of the things in our life makes us who we are under Gods grace.