Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on April 13, 2012
Everyone should read this book. It is very well written and tells an amazing story of God's grace and how to pour grace out to others. It's refreshing to hear truth about choices we make and the consequences that occur--spoken outloud and not hidden. Michael gives no excuses, just honest ways of God working in his life to provide grace instead of shame.

I highlighted many parts of the book and will be rereading these sections to study how to show grace and let it pour from my heart more easily. I can't imagine responding the way Michael does, but it is truly the way the Lord asks us too. A very beautiful picture of grace.

You will not be disappointed when you read this book.
on March 27, 2017
The writing is not very good and the story was boring. I continued reading because it caused me to question my relationship with God, which is always good. We can't be content with our relationship if we stop striving and think we have made it.
on December 11, 2012
ARRESTING GRACE by Michael Joel Green begins with a man named Michael getting pulled over and arrested by police for driving under the influence. The book is Michael’s story of his night in jail, the humbling experiences as a result of his arrest, and his romance with a beautiful girl named Jessie. It is all told first person, very well written, and definitely believable. There is a lot of philosophizing in the book. It’s Michael’s story.
I had a few problems with ARRESTING GRACE, almost all of them to do with faithful Christians being completely comfortable hanging out in bars, dancing in clubs, being part of the rock scene, and enjoying those surroundings. I had to question if these atmospheres had something to do with Michael’s drinking problem in the first place and how good it was for him, after his DUI and repentance, to be frequenting the same places. I also had a problem with Jessie’s immodest dress, since she seems like a lovely Christian woman. Her dress didn’t seem to jibe with the rest of her life.
Never does the book portray drunkenness in a good light. There’s no bad language (though the author uses two crude words my parents would never have let me say).
I’m pretty sure that this is an autobiography where the names have been changed to protect the innocent (and guilty) parties. If so, I am glad for Michael’s attitude, his allowing the DUI experience to teach him instead of making him bitter, and for some of the other valuable lessons he learns throughout the book. Overall, it’s a thoughtful and transparent book that will help others.
on April 14, 2012
More than a few surprises await. The book is an honest and raw account of one man's glimpse of grace. Nothing is hidden, nothing seems off-limits. Green gives an honest account of his failure and the real lessons learned along the way. The reader can see the growth taking place as the book progresses, and the growth transforms into hope. An excellent read that you may have trouble putting down.
on April 25, 2012
I was unable to put my kindle down and read through most of the night. Blaming the book for my red eyes. The story is very personal and talks honestly of the mistakes, lessons, and joys discovered through life without any pretense or superficiality. That's why it rings true and resonates. And it is full of hope. Despite the stumbling blocks of life, you can see the glimmer of hope.
on May 21, 2012
I finished this book in one weekend because I couldn't put it down. It's like reading a friend's diary as he goes through one of the toughest times in his life. Something like this could happen to almost any one of us if we are not careful. I highly recommend it.
on May 10, 2013
I got this as a free download, and I'm so glad I didn't pay anything for this book! I love to read and I read a lot in many different genres and there aren't very many times that I start a book a don't finish it, but I couldn't make myself keep reading this one. It felt like I was reading Michael Green's journal and that would have been okay except it moved at a very slow pace. It did not keep my interest at all. I would not recommend this book. However, I do want to mention that this book has none of the usual punctuation and grammatical errors that so many of the freebies have. I was impressed with that anyway. Perhaps it gets better after the first third of the book.
on May 4, 2014
I found the book slow-moving.

But more than that, I disagreed with the premise/content of the book. Grace? Really? I felt like the author spent the whole book trying to make the point that he was a "normal Christian" who was SO active in Church and all his friends are such family men!

This book is much more of "I'm just a good 'ole guy" who finally got caught (but it's not THAT bad) and I'm really embarrassed about it but all my friends make excuses for me & have their own problems, too, so it's ok."

Romans 6: 1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
on May 1, 2012
Arresting Grace I am from the little town in Tennessee Michael mentions. Loved the book, brought back memories of our family during struggling times. It is amazing how Parents get smarter as kids age. I understand how he feels as he does and I am proud of his thoughts about his life walk with Christ.The book is inspiring and thoughtful. A Peek in his private life. Good work, Michael.
on June 25, 2012
This is the first of Michael Green's works for me. His story of events and personal responses to receiving a DUI is encouraging and filled with hope for the future, not condemnation and dismay. I'm so impressed with his ability to write his every nuance of feeling, emotions, searching all the while for God and His grace. Beautiful read!