Arris Tm722g Cable Modem Docsis 3.0
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Certified 1-Year Warranty
- Works on Comcast's network (and more!)
- Includes its own internal battery backup in the modem
- Meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications as well as backward compatibility with existing DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 networksr-supplied Ethernet hubs)
- Unlimited local and nationwide long distance calling
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I initially used a rental Comcast TM702G for about a week before deciding to purchse my own modem, so swapping the modems was easy. All I did was call tech support to provide the proper MAC addresses and we got it up and running in about 30 minutes. Although I have not measured any download speeds yet it seems equally as fast as my previous Motorola DOCSIS 3.0.
The TM722G is a much nicer looking modem compared to the older TM702G, and so far it works great and I'm happy with the purchase. The gigabit Ethernet port is nice because I have it connected to a Buffalo Airstation WZR-D1800H wireless gigabit router. The voice quality is perfect and the voicemail system is much better than the T-Mobile at Home service I previously used.
The modem does not generate much heat so it runs nice and cool, which is good because I'm planning to mount it in my Leviton Structured Media Center I'm setting up to feed CATV, Internet and Phone throughout the house.Read more ›
1. Power down computer, router (if you have one), and old modem.
2. Unplug old modem.
3. Plug in new modem and power up modem, router, computer.
4. Open web browser to access the Comcast "garden" page and activate new modem. This didn't open in internet explorer but chrome worked. This ONLY activated the internet. Phone and backup battery lights did not yet light-up on the new modem.
5. Once internet is working, log into Comcast and online chat with a rep for phone support - I went for "no dial tone" support. Tell them you replaced one Comcast telephony modem with another Comcast telephony modem (in my case, I exchanged for the same exact model) and are getting no dial tone so there appears to be a provisioning problem. Ask them to verify the correct MAC addresses in the system. E, C, MTA, and USB were the various MAC addresses on my modem and only the E MAC address was correctly listed in their system. They'll probably need to do some diagnostics/pinging/resetting along the way but at the end of the call, for the first time in 3 reps, everything was working correctly. I tried 2 phone reps prior to the chat rep. Both claimed there was nothing they could do and would need to send a tech for $40. I've always had better luck with the chat reps, possibly because you can save the transcript, which I do!
6. After you return your leased modem, just make sure to check your bills. I've heard they like to throw the rental back onto your bill. Sad.
Besides, the issues dealing with Comast, Arris TM722G worked fine and no issues. Initially, I was a bit apprehensive since this was a refurbished box. However, it seems to be working fine for now and can get higher broadband speed with a Docsis 3.0 supported modem. Actually, I can see speed difference compared to my previouse Arris 602 modem. Best of all, I don't need to pay Comcast monthly leasing fee for the modem equipment.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this item a few months back and I haven't had any issues. The seller's instructions were clear and easy to follow.Published 13 days ago by Happy
Lasted about a month and it died was to upset to send back and deal with all thatPublished 20 days ago by Rafael Marcello
Installed about 18 months ago and now loses web connection constantly.Published 1 month ago by P. Cronin
Bought one a couple of years ago and it still works like a champ. It's even survived several power outages and a lightning strike.
Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
Replaced my comcast leased modem without any issues. (East Bay Area 94568) Clear instructions along with product.Published 1 month ago by S. Chopra
With the seller's enclosed instructions, this modem was easy for me to hook up. It works great and will pay for itself in 7 1/2 months since it's saving me the $10/month Comcast... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer