Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on April 23, 2007
When people complain about the shallowness of all modern worship music, they haven't heard Chris Tomlin. The singer has mastered Christian doxology that achieves true praise - the adoration of God rather than the introspection of self while one worships - by wedding language impregnated with biblical vocabulary to singable melody.

The 'worship wars' among which such achievements take their place suggest that Tomlin's is no small accomplishment.

ARRIVING focuses on the Lord's glory and its saturation of a world often too dim to understand that it's been filled. But not all are sightless:

'But rising up all around

Is the anthem of the Lord's renown

Together we sing

Let everyone sing:

Holy is the Lord God Almighty

The earth is filled with his glory'

Even with his focus on the Lord, Tomlin is able to express life here below, lived in the company of this Intimate Stranger:

'You have my heart and I am yours forever

You are my strength, God of grace and power

With everything you hold in your hand

Still you make time for me, I can't understand

Praise you God of earth and sky

How beautiful is your unfailing love

And you never change, God,

You remain the Holy One

And my Unfailing Love'

This is brilliant song-writing, rooted deep in biblical faith, understated in the performance arts, contagious to those with a penchant for singing along. ARRIVING could be a university curriculum for the How To Write a Song that People Can Actually Sing major. May its graduates multiply.
on May 28, 2017
good cd
on December 11, 2013
Love this album. Has great music. Love Chris Tomilins voice. Pretty much all the songs are good if not great.
on November 16, 2005
I hardly ever buy cds anymore with the radio and internet but this is a CD that is so worth buying. Its also rare for me to love every song on a CD, there are usually at least one or two that I skip. Not with Chris Tomlin. This music really brings me down to where I need to be when I'm getting frustrated with the silly little things in life, or when I'm getting to sure of myself. Tomlin's songs on this CD remind me of who I am, who God is and how amazing it is that I can worship Him. This CD will make you want to worship God. There are times I don't even want to stop listening to get out of my car! Praise God for an artist like Chris Tomlin.
on September 18, 2011
Chris Tomlin is a wonderful artist. There are several well known songs on this album...it's probably his best album. Had some problems with the CD jewel case being broken, but Amazon replaced it with no problems and no extra $$. The one they sent me as a replacement is still cracked, but not nearly as bad. I'm okay with it, but I'm wondering if all these Chris Tomlin CD's are the same problem???
on October 16, 2016
Love this music!
on November 24, 2015
Chris Tomlin rocks! Came in time, wished it was a few days earlier
Thank you!
on May 14, 2013
I love Chris Tomlin. He has been one of the artists who has made the crossover of Christian Music into pop culture and the masses. All of us are called to spread the word of God and what an amazing job Chris Tomlin has done of that.
on June 6, 2015
Another very inspirational collection by a Very popular Christian artist. One of my Favorites.
on September 29, 2012
I bought this CD because of the fame of Chris Tomlin. I like praise and worship. Chris Tomlin is very famous in christian music. What is his secret? I knew some of his songs before, so i asked myself why he' s more famous than for example Brian Doerksen. I think i know the answer. It is his way of singing. I'm sure he was taught professionally how to sing modern pop songs. Now one is able to sing this way without a singing education. Every breath, every emphasised vocal is not out of spontanious emotion but of knowing how to sing so that it sounds cool and interesting. He's a really good in this. For me it is a little too perfect.
Brian Doerksen for example is the opposite of this. His voice isn't that perfect, but you can hear his heart behind it.
The second secret of chris tomlin are his musicians, his partners in playing and composing. Without them he would not have that fame he now has.
How great is our god, for example, is a teamwork, not a work of chris tomlin alone.
But he has got all the fame....