Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 304 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 316 reviews
Since we don't have a crushed ice feature on our ice maker, I wanted to find an ice cube tray that would create small ice cubes. While not quite as good as using crushed ice, these ice cubes do a good job.

I've been using these trays for roughly a 1 1/2 years and haven't had any issues with breaking or cracking. Once the ice cubes are completely frozen, they (for the most part) pop out very easily. Because we like to use a lot of these ice cubes, I empty all of the ice cubes into a tub and make more. If some of the ice cubes don't come out, I run a little water over the bottom of the tray and the rest of the ice cubes release.

Because these ice cubes are so small, they don't take very long to freeze.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 1, 2016
I'm not very pleased with these ice trays. I find it difficult to pop out all the ice, compared to another mini ice cube tray that I have - that one has cube shaped ice (instead of gumdrop shape), and I bought it at an asian market. I like to crunch on ice lately, so I like the mini sizes, however, this tray makes ice a little bigger than the other tray I have, which makes it harder to chew. I know chewing ice is bad for my teeth in general, but my other ice tray makes ice that is really easy to chew..
on January 25, 2017
These are fantastic little ice trays. I needed to make small ice cubes for my insulated Ioniq stainless steel water bottles and these work great. The trays are easy to fill and hold about a cup of water each. I just take a measuring cup filled with filtered water to fill each one. After filling, I tilt them a little over the sink to make sure the water distributes evenly.....and it does so easily. They freeze fairly quickly and the cubes are pretty easy to remove from the tray. I just give it a tap on the counter, twist a little and most of the cubes come out quickly. (Other similar trays I had purchased in the past did not work as well, and I wound up throwing them away.) These take just a little bit of coaxing but work well. I give another gentle tap on the tray to remove the cubes that get a little stubborn. Another great feature is that these trays are made in America. YAY. I do recommend them with no reservations.
on October 15, 2016
Did the trick to help not destroy our small hamilton beach one serve blender that was breaking the occasional cup with full size ice cubes. We have not had any issue with toughness of the product. We have been using them for quite awhile now with no cracks or damage.
on August 26, 2014
I love the size of these ice cubes. The two trays are very sturdy and able to be stacked. It works best to place them on a small cutting board in the freezer if your shelves are not solid. After several refills, the ice cubes had an old, or plastic taste to them. It was very noticeable and affected the flavor of the drink in a negative way. I thought it was the plastic from the trays leaching into the ice. After all, they are made in China. We had used our tap water to make the cubes, since it has a good taste in drinking water. So we decided to try gallon bottled spring water. For whatever reason, that solved the problem. So now I have ice trays that require a special water in order to make them useable. I haven't decided if I want to continue to do that, which requires me hauling gallons of water from the store, with its expense, in order for me to have smaller ice cubes. Our ice maker ice cubes use tap water and they taste fine. So that's where it stands at our house. Other than that, I was very pleased with the product making those very small cubes. They make a drink so cold and tasty.
on September 4, 2017
Nice to have smaller ice cubes, which cool a drink faster. Downside is they melt faster, if that is your priority. Most cubes come out with a few twists - but it seems there's always a few that remain stuck and require banging to get out.
on February 1, 2015
I let these sit about 20 or 30 seconds, then the cubes pop right out. Use 2 trays of cubes and crush them up in the blender. (The blender will work especially well for this size cube.) Then pour in Apple Juice to just cover the ice. Chop up a banana, (or you can tear it into small chunks with your fingers, which is more fun.) Add a packet or two of Swiss Miss. Optionally, you can add a small handful of raisins. Blend all that for maybe 30 seconds to a minute. You now have the most delicious smoothie ever. You're Welcome.
on May 3, 2017
The cubes are perfect but the tray is flimsy. Already broke one trying to pop the ice out.
VINE VOICEon August 23, 2014
These mini I've cube trays are awesome. They make tiny bullet shaped domes of ice. They are SMALL though. I ordered two sets of two trays, four in all. Good thing I did. They are durable and easy to use, but I wouldn't suggest them if you have OCD.

I've been using them for a couple of weeks and no breakage yet. Of course I don't twist, tweak, or bang them with all my strength either! You don't have to. Just twist slow and gentle, and the ice pops out. A little pressure with your thumb under any stragglers gets most to pop out. BUT - there will almost always be a couple left in the trays. Just add more water for the next bunch. Adding water is easy but since these are such small cubes, it is impossible to get all the little cubes to come out the same size, unless you absolutely flood the entire tray - which causes a solid sheet of ice to form on the top, making it even harder to get them out. I say forget about it! But if you obsess over these things or have OCD - don't buy these trays. You won't be happy.
on July 3, 2017
Nice small ice cubes for water bottles. No problem getting the ice cubes out, I thought there would be a struggle as the cubes are smaller. No struggling, quick easy pop out.