Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

• Arrow
  • Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on May 5, 2016
Love the album for the most part. I think they get a bit redundant. Some really wonderful music and lyrics but her voice can get a little (I say with the utmost respect) annoying after hearing the same 3 words repeated 8 times in a row. That's how some of their songs go and it's unfortunate. Would love it if she played around with her range a bit more. Anyway, I digress. I have two of their albums and one stays in my disc changer all the time. If you haven't listened to them, do it. Hopefully they continue making music. I think they are very talented and have potential. (Not that my opinion really matters but alas, there is my two cents)
on October 11, 2016
I actually bought this for a friend. In fact, I've bought it several times over for friends. This is a beautiful piece of work. A "new classic" in my opinion.
on January 6, 2013
I'm not an expert music critic but sometimes I just have to Speak up when I've been effected so fully.

I'm 55yrs old and have long sense been comfortable in my taste in music and the artists that produce it. Every once in a while a band will come along and "shove" it's way into my set - ways.

I've heard of "The HB's but just recently listened to "Arrow" and was totally blown away! They are, at once, alternatively "new" and old school rock/folk-rock. They are new to me yet I feel I have been listening to them for years. This doesn't happen to me very often.

Some folks might say I'm easily amused but when it comes to my music I'm not and that's why I'm reviewing "The Bastards"

Buy this album, you will not be sorry!
on September 13, 2012
I first heard Heartless Bastards on KCRW while I was driving to work and I was awestruck. The song I heard was "Only for You", and I bought the song immediately when I arrived at work so that I wouldn't forget it. Since then, I've bought all Heartless Bastards albums and Arrow is my favorite. Erika Wennerstrom's voice is so powerful and every member of the band is extremely good at what they do, which is make great rock music. I even saw their live show at the Echoplex in L.A.... amazing!

They have a very Pixies'ish vibe to their music that I just love.

Give this album a spin, you won't regret it!
on January 1, 2013
There's always at least one song to fall in love with on all Heartless Bastards albums. My experience is there's always at least one that's too repetitive for my tastes, too. I can tell this is going to grow on me the more I listen to it. The sound is similar to previous albums, perhaps a bit more forward momentum and a little more cowboy-music influence, especially in "The Arrow Killed The Beast," which I personally found entertaining. "Got to Have Rock and Roll" is really fun, and I can't say enough about the richly textured sound and content of "Skin and Bone."
on December 1, 2013
This is a great album by a great band. I hadn't heard of them until this album when I heard "Parted Ways" on the radio. I'm not familiar with their other CDs but THIS album is great from start to finish...not a bad song to be found. Love the sincerity in the vocal delivery and the in-your-face riffs that the band builds around those vocals. These guys can play.
on February 27, 2015
This is a great album from a band with a wonderful sound. Half of these songs will get in your head and you won't be able to let go. Do yourself a favor and check out this album.
on January 18, 2017
Great album!!
on May 13, 2012
This album builds on what was done on The Mountain. While it starts out slowly, ironically enough, with Marathon, the album builds various layers as it progresses. The last song, Down in the Canyon is the best 7:35 you'll spend listening to your stereo this month.
on December 31, 2012
I own all the Heartless Bastards CD's and of the four "All This Time" and "Arrow" are their best ones in my opinion. I will admit though I wish Ericka would have put more piano on this album. Either way this is a great album and I recommend it!