Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 15, 2011
We sent this to our close friends of over three decades and they were kind enough to tell us the truth of what arrived. Here are excerpts:
"I do want to report something I believe you would want to know about though. The recent Christmas basket we received was.... more then disappointing! Except for the crackers...and there was quite a bit of them, the rest was 98% inedible!!

The sweets were a joke of over packaging and then non-edible at the end of the opening adventure! The one exception were the two individually wrapped tiny truffles in a box, that were okay. There was a big package with one chocolate dipped dried out cookie that was also in it's own wrap...also, not to be eaten. The raspberry, chocolate individually wrapped cakes were so dried up/dehydrated it looked like survival food.....And they tasted like pure chemicals and artificial flavors to boot!
Which brings me to the "meat" section of the basket.....
this was by far the worst. The stink of both the lobster and salmon "spread" filled the air with what smelled and tasted like fish flavored chemicals. Earl, Bob, and I tasted a small amount just to verify the smell....that was a bad decision on our part....we needed emergency food in our mouth to counteract the bad taste! They even sent the cats running in the other direction. The salami was so white it was scarey!

Now I have to say, we actually really did enjoy this basket because we spent the afternoon laughing hysterically over the experience....so thank you for that memory! I imagine, however, that was not your intention....so here I am, the "brave" one telling the hard facts of how no matter how much you paid for that basket, you got ripped off!"
14 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 12, 2013
I sent this as a Christmas gift and was so embarassed when my friend, the recipient, opened it up and tried to eat the rancid butter cookies, the old solidified cheese spread, along with the rest of the out of date spoiled food items.. None of the items were edible. My friend was hesitant to tell me this as he did not want to seem ungrateful but decided to let me know so I would never buy from Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets again. I told him not to worry, never again.
15 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2014
My husband and I moved away from our hometown and left my adult children and grandchildren behind. This was the first Christmas I have spent without them Because of the move during the holiday season, the best I could do was send them something from Amazon. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE PRODUCT REVIEWS BEFORE SENDING THIS PRODUCT. At great risk to my feelings, one of my sons told me how terrible it was. The funk of the spreads, the tasteless (unless stale is a taste) other products. Amazon, you need to loose this company.
on December 13, 2013
To be clear, this was gifted to someone that generally doesn't get excited about gifts. But honestly, I was expecting more of a wow factor. For the price, I think you're better off going with something less extravagent. You're paying double or more than the typical basket and I don't think you're getting as much wow factor as you should for this price.

UPDATE: My mother was honest with me and basically told me it was terrible... Don't buy it...
on February 15, 2016
The soft center brownie was hard as a rock and the cookies tasted stale. Obviously the item had been sitting around for some time. Not what you would like for your 91 year old mother on her birthday. Beware.
5 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2010
I purchased this for my sister for Christmas, because she loves receiving food and gourmet baskets. This was my first order from this company. My sister said it was mostly filled with "fluff," and most of the products were stale. I would like to get a refund on this gift or send her a new one. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but she thought I would want to know. Nice basket, sis but almost everything was stale. Could this be last year's left overs? I would not reccommend this product. I give it an F for fraud advertising!
97 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2017
This was a gift from my husband so it was quite a nice suprise. I read the reviews just now and it doesn't seem like everyone enjoyed it. So heres my two cents. My truffles were melted completely when I received them. The raspberry cake was dry and tasteless. The cookies were delicious, everything else was very enjoyable. Ty :-)
review image
2 people found this helpful
on October 19, 2015
The packaging for the items was a third to nearly 1/2 larger than it needed to be to hold the actual food provided, and appears to have been done to make it look like the purchaser or recipient was getting a lot more than what was actually provided.
6 people found this helpful
on May 12, 2018
Nice presentation but boxes inside deceptive. Food inside much less than you would think looking at the boxes. For eg, cake was in a box 9x6 inches. Cake itself was 3x3 inches. Box with fudge in it could hold at least 4 pieces and had only 2. So while it looks like a big package of snacks and food, what you actually get is much smaller.
on December 3, 2013
everything was perfect, and a very good mix of products, esp. lots of chocolate!!!!!!!!!!! was a very nice presentation in the basket, and an interesting mix
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.